Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Obvious Voting-Rights Solution That No Democrat Will Propose

Comments

• Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Voter-ID requirements are the norm in many countries, as Republicans are fond of pointing out. But so are national ID cards.

I've been saying this for years. Just provide everyone a national ID card.

Which side of the aisle will most strongly object to that proposal?

Of course the left wants a national ID registry

They just gave the Taliban the one from Afghanistan

States run elections

The side that aren’t fascist

Squeal like a pig over free state ID

Demand a national data base

Fuck off
    When people aren't spending money they don't have in order to get "free state ID", you'll have a point.

Till then . . .

Fuck off
    That would be now dumbass
    Which counties are giving away birth certificates? (King County wants $25)
    It’s now King County’s responsibility to keep track of your free shit you’ve already been given?
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,330
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    hardhat said:

thechatch said:

Still waiting for @TheKobeStopper to explain why voter ID is racist while vax cards to eat at restaurants or fly on airplanes is not.

I’m letting the free market decide if those businesses are racist. The government, however, answers to me.
    Why do other countries require voter id?
    Presumably they require you show your national ID for all sorts of reasons. I'm not the one against a national ID. ("Your papers!" memes to follow from the libertarian hen faction.)
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,068
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

hardhat said:

thechatch said:

Still waiting for @TheKobeStopper to explain why voter ID is racist while vax cards to eat at restaurants or fly on airplanes is not.

I’m letting the free market decide if those businesses are racist. The government, however, answers to me.
    Presumably they require you show your national ID for all sorts of reasons. I'm not the one against a national ID. ("Your papers!" memes to follow from the libertarian hen faction.)
    So why not state ID which we have now.

Oh I just answered my question

Don't support an obvious solution that is available today. Go for a horrible solution that no one wants other than fascists.

• Options
    doogie said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Voter-ID requirements are the norm in many countries, as Republicans are fond of pointing out. But so are national ID cards.

I've been saying this for years. Just provide everyone a national ID card.

Which side of the aisle will most strongly object to that proposal?

Of course the left wants a national ID registry

They just gave the Taliban the one from Afghanistan

States run elections

The side that aren’t fascist

Squeal like a pig over free state ID

Demand a national data base

Fuck off
    When people aren't spending money they don't have in order to get "free state ID", you'll have a point.

Till then . . .

Fuck off
    That would be now dumbass
    Which counties are giving away birth certificates? (King County wants $25)
    It’s now King County’s responsibility to keep track of your free shit you’ve already been given?
    In English?
  • Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    HHusky said:

hardhat said:

thechatch said:

Are there are reasons that are presumably racist?
  • Options
    hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

thechatch said:

Seems like an argument there are would fail.
  • Options
    HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

thechatch said:

So it's not racist to require voter id.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

thechatch said:

Look if you think leftists need to be consistent in the bullshit they spout think again
  • Options
    hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

thechatch said:

It's not racist to require a National ID, issued to every citizen without exception at the nation's expense. Apparently it's merely fascist, per Race.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

thechatch said:

It's not racist to require a National ID, issued to every citizen without exception at the nation's expense. Apparently it's merely fascist, per Race.
    Again

What's the problem with the state ID we have RIGHT NOW already in place that doesn't require fascism to institute?

Why is that racist?

Don't hurt yourself
  • Options
    HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

thechatch said:

Is it racist to require that ID to vote? And if it is issued to a citizen?
  • Options
    Why does it have to be a national id? A lot of innovation comes from having an early adopter, one state could implement this a lot faster and others would follow. And post covid, voting in person, provided there's enough time, even making it a holiday, would hopefully bring out more voters. Why are dems afraid of this?
  • Options

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

thechatch said:

Again

What's the problem with the state ID we have RIGHT NOW already in place that doesn't require fascism to institute?

Why is that racist?

Don't hurt yourself
    I don't have a state ID issued to me at the state's expense. Do you?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm not poor. I could in California

You don't have a national free ID either

Gee
  • Options
    hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

thechatch said:

A national ID is issued to citizens. If we uniformly say you have to show it as a condition of voting, I don't see how that can be racist.

A fucking waste of time and resources, sure, but not racist.
  • Options
    HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

thechatch said:

A national ID is issued to citizens. If we uniformly say you have to show it as a condition of voting, I don't see how that can be racist.

I'd have to ask again why other countries do it if it's such a fucking waste of time.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

thechatch said:

Blacks can’t get a national ID because they don’t have a access kinkos or FedEx to get their picture taken. And if they did, they wouldn’t know how to get there.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,203
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Also they’d need a ride and couldn’t get off work.
  • Options
    Bob_C said:

Also they’d need a ride and couldn’t get off work.

They can't get jobs. C'mon man!