Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Travels With Mabel

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,892
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

@YellowSnow

Texas Doesn't Want Your Ass?

Tejas didn’t want you anyhow
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

Wasatch Polygamy Porter

You at the Brew Pub?

I feel like I've sat at that table a million times.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,540
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    At The Rockin’ V Cafe in Kanab
    Or something like that - good pricy food and the porter was great
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    As I get ready to head out of Utah thought I would try another Utah brewery - UINTA - not Mormon names for their beers but named after Mormon favorite pets - and it is not armpit beer.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

As I get ready to head out of Utah thought I would try another Utah brewery - UINTA - not Mormon names for their beers but named after Mormon favorite pets - and it is not armpit beer.

Where is the final destination Mabel ?
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,485
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Uinta and Epic Brewing out of Utah are both top tier.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

LebamDawg said:

Death - just don't know where.

Did a change in plans as one daughter called in January and wanted us to meet her in Zion. We had just spent 19 days in this area last November. We were going to go to the Great Lakes region for spring and summer. So we headed back to Utah, then decided under pressure from some family to head back to the Great Northwest. So we leave the PNW in August to head to Wisconsin/Michigan - then to Virgina to see a niece with a new baby and then in North Carolina for at least a month in late September. Then moving a little further south for warmth when NC gets cold. I think the Gulf Coast sounds good for a bit.

I think I am trying to find the following: perfect weather, perfect local government, inexpensive living, the perfect beer, perfect place to spread my ass and ashes? Not looking for too much am I?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

LebamDawg said:

Did a change in plans as one daughter called in January and wanted us to meet her in Zion. We had just spent 19 days in this area last November. We were going to go to the Great Lakes region for spring and summer. So we headed back to Utah, then decided under pressure from some family to head back to the Great Northwest. So we leave the PNW in August to head to Wisconsin/Michigan - then to Virgina to see a niece with a new baby and then in North Carolina for at least a month in late September. Then moving a little further south for warmth when NC gets cold. I think the Gulf Coast sounds good for a bit.

I think I am trying to find the following: perfect weather, perfect local government, inexpensive living, the perfect beer, perfect place to spread my ass and ashes? Not looking for too much am I?
    It was called San Diego county in the 1980s.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Also - trying not to travel the same road more than twice. For instance, when heading east we went southern Arizona and New Mexico, and when heading back west, we traveled northern roads.

MrsIamnotinLebam did mention that maybe on occasion can we travel on a main road. I think I scared the hell out of her as we were leaving a cloud of dust behind on some red dirt road.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

LebamDawg said:

LebamDawg said:

I lived in Chula Vista in a previous lifetime. in the early 80's
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,811
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2022

Need more pics of Mabel

Por favor.

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,966
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    LebamDawg said:

LebamDawg said:

LebamDawg said:

Van Nuys is lovely in the summertime
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

LebamDawg said:

LebamDawg said:

That's in Mexico. I'm talking north of the City.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,248
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Thank you for your service…I will read a transcript of this to my wife once a week until she stops stops dropping not-so-subtle hints about a motor home or 5th wheel. Neighbor on one side has a motor home, the other side has had 2 5th wheels, and 2 motor homes since we moved in 5+ years ago. They both talk continuously about what is getting fixed, or need to get fixed…welcome back Mabel!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fishpo31 said:

Thank you for your service…I will read a transcript of this to my wife once a week until she stops stops dropping not-so-subtle hints about a motor home or 5th wheel. Neighbor on one side has a motor home, the other side has had 2 5th wheels, and 2 motor homes since we moved in 5+ years ago. They both talk continuously about what is getting fixed, or need to get fixed…welcome back Mabel!

Once this puppy got fixed it is really nice. Place I pulled into today they warned me to make sure with a big rig that I swing really wide. I did and I stopped to check clearance - I came within an inch of scraping the side of the trailer. mrsIamnotinLebam was having a mild heart attack
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2022
    LebamDawg said:

Took a 4 month hiatus - no offense but youse guys drove me nuts. Well I be back. Since I last posted I have been back up to Bend, Portland, Chehalis, Brothell, La Conner (twice), Anacortes, back to Chehalis, Umatilla, and now in Coeur d'Alene. Heading to Mebane, NC by Oct 4th.

the only thing that I found out is do not buy a new fifth wheel trailer if it was made during or it seems after the Vid. Was talking to one guy who used to work for Thor someplace in whOregon. As the unit is progressing (God I hate that word) moving thru the production line the plumbing is ready to go, but one guy called in sick, so everyone in the plumbing installers union has to sit out 10 days.
    The unit continues down the line with no plumbing. When the plumbers installers union has returned from fishing, I mean quarantine, they open up the trailer and install the plumbing. Good Luck with that trailer.

So I bought a new rig - stupid move - see previous paragraph. We decided that after one year we were still talking to each other so lets get more storage. The inside has 3 levels - kitchen in the rear - bedroom in the front. Storage under the front and an 8 ft slide out. Damn thing is 42 foot long, truck runs fine and the missus keeps telling me to slow down.
    So I pick this new trailer up - w/d, solar panels w/3000 watt inverter, residential fridge, rooftop satellite TV, and internet. Was told it took 2 extra days so they could trouble shoot everything. If they did, it wasn't on our unit. Run washing machine - it floods the bedroom and takes 6 hours to dry a load of clothes, TV does not work, Internet worked but then failed, inverter is wired incorrectly.

They rewired the inverter to have an automatic kick-in when shore power disconnects. Originally, they replaced the 1000 W inverter and did nothing on the auto kick-in. The 1000W inverter only ran the residential fridge and nothing else, I would have been able to connect 3 fridges off that one circuit. idiots.

This was from the dealership, do not go to Lazy Days in Woodland. or anywhere else. The manufacturer back this thing 1000% - they told me to get all the mobile repair folks I needed to fix everything. I did, first repair place was able to fix the internet, one broken wire to the modem and it had a special fitting that could not be repaired. Had to remove the rooftop unit to get the wire replaced. But they could not fix the W/D - on their way out he said "to tell you the truth, I'm really not good at plumbing". But they were good at math charging me $583. Plus, the fat ass needed the code for the restroom and spent 30 minutes dropping 25 lbs down the toilet. I got reimbursed.

Friend who is a plumber had the tools to fix the faulty drain and we over charged the dealership easily by $200.

Satellite not working, dish guy comes out and says he can't get inside the wiring of the trailer. Well, I helped him and we got it working but it wired wrong and it was exposed and looked ugly as shit. That was free. Well included in the exorbitant monthly fees they charge.

On a move from La Conner to Chehalis the valve for the black tank malfunctioned. As I pulled into Riverside Golf Course and Bistro and RV Park a mobile repair guy was working on an RV close to me - he stopped by and fixed the valve. Manufacturing faulty design. Hoses moving knocked a retaining pin loose and the actuator missed contact on the valve handle. He also fixed the dryer and a friend of his and I did the rewire on the satellite system. Over charged for all of that too

All is fixed now, I have been reimbursed totally for all repairs. and this trailer is not a cheap SOB.

here is the exact model we have - https://www.lazydays.com/rvs/loveland-co/fifth-wheel/vanleigh-rv-beacon-21104327

and here we are in Wolf Lodge Campground, Coeur d'Alene

I love Travels With Mabel but would never buy an RV EVER. The quality control is shit AF

There’s no Toyota of RVs