Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

RIP-BDTW

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

dnc said:

They took themselves a lot more seriously than many of you believe. Remember Husky Twitter and them genuinely believing their tweets helped get recruits?

Orange is right about Coker telling him about studies.

That being said, who cares?

They definitely took Twitter too seriously, no argument there.

One thing that disappointed me was right around the time of the Rose Bowl. DDY and Coker sent me PMs saying that they were going to no longer run the recruiting board on Hardcore Husky and instead would launch their own site. Coker said it was his lifelong dream to run a site like that full-time. It would be a more serious site than HH and would be a pay site. So I wished them well and told them not to be a stranger. Then I removed their status as mods, after which Coker PMs me and asks to be a mod for a few weeks longer (so he could pin update threads about his new site, etc.).

That’s not a good way to respect the bidness
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

FireCohen said:

I always thought DDY was a retard with the race takes. Coke's problem was that he took that schtick and tried to mold it into a serious thing. He went full-retard and became an enemy of the program.

Lol wut??? DDY brought up race more than Coker
    Coker defended it. He told me to look into the fucking research. It was eugenics level misinformation and incredibly fucked up and fucking stupid.

Some nice dick sucking going on, but as soon as they went all-in on the race bullshit they became enemies of this website, football team, university, and humanity in general. A lot of you like to laugh it off, I encourage you to go reread some of the shit they were talking about.

DDY did have thick skin regarding a lot of that stuff...but this shit he was and probably still is dead serious about. It was fucking cringe at best and incredibly damaging at worst. Coker parroted the same exact talking points.

As a reminder, those talking points were:

- The program doesnt recruit "black" players
    - Players with one white parent aren't actually black
    - African immigrants aren't culturally black and dont count
    - OKG is at it's core a racist philosophy
    - White players aren't/can't be as good as black players
    - Black players (or those they deemed black enough) were needed to toughen up the program culturally because they might not come from "OKG environments"
    - Black players needed black names, not white sounding names

This was while UW had/has one of the most diverse rosters in football white white, black, poly, and even a Chinese starting safety and a Phillipino DB..and of course it ignored demographics and the rest of the Pac 12 rosters

Lots of rose tinted glasses going on here because of the funny shit takes they had on their pod and how they initially rallied the community with humor. It turned toxic and withered rather easily, says 34-17. Really embrassing shit.
    Did DDY or Coker's commentary here or on Twatter or on TSIO have any impact whatsoever on the trajectory of the football program? Doubtful IMHO.

Who cares if they are 2 guys who are full of shit on the above talking points? Does it make Hardcore Husky a less respected hive of scum and villainy than it already is?
    Apparently it was used to negatively recruit? Im not sure though

It absolutely does. Almost all of the stuff joked about on here is tongue in cheek and it would take a real square to take it seriously. This was a notable exception. It was straight up racism..."black people are aggressive and violent thug ballers, Eddie and Levi arent really black, lighter skinned players don't really count as black by my Ivory Tower ignorant deductions"

Your weird enablement of this shit is noted I guess
    It's not weird enablement of anything for Christ's sake, PGOS. I never agreed with their shitty takes on the subject.

DDY and Coker - in spite of their delusions of grandeur - are nobody's in the world of Husky football punditry.

Their opinions aren't influencing shit.
    It's okay to say that the racist shit they were posting was incredibly bad optics for this website at the very, very least. Especially since most of it took place on the recruiting board...which parents and recruits do read.

It was really fucking bad and people are being disingenuous by glossing over it. Case closed.
    I agree wholeheartedly that a lot of their theories were B.S.

But I have a hard time believing that their commentary on our board had any influence on our recruiting one way or another. Why would a recruit and their parents decide not to commit to UW based on DDY/Coker vs a 100 deciding other factors.
    People have said it was used to negatively recruit. Whether OKG was already being used to negatively recruit by other schools before or after they went off the deepend, I dont know.

I know Derek doesnt go on the recruiting board as he doesn't really care about it, but to have a power user like DDY spewing that shit all over the website was, like I said earlier, incredibly cringe at best and damaging at worst.

I thought DDY and Coke were funny and even listened to the pod every now and then before they went full on psycho with this nonsense. Like literally labeling race in the title of their threads about high schoolers.

It was bad. Case closed.
    If someone ever wanted to post scat films or snuff films and hide them from my moderating eyes, just post them on the recruiting board.
    Scat films.

lol
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,341
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

dnc said:

They took themselves a lot more seriously than many of you believe. Remember Husky Twitter and them genuinely believing their tweets helped get recruits?

One thing that disappointed me was right around the time of the Rose Bowl. DDY and Coker sent me PMs saying that they were going to no longer run the recruiting board on Hardcore Husky and instead would launch their own site. Coker said it was his lifelong dream to run a site like that full-time. It would be a more serious site than HH and would be a pay site. So I wished them well and told them not to be a stranger. Then I removed their status as mods, after which Coker PMs me and asks to be a mod for a few weeks longer (so he could pin update threads about his new site, etc.).

I generally like these guys and got their deal but jesus fucking Christ. Aim a little higher Coker
  • Options
    whlinder said:

dnc said:

I generally like these guys and got their deal but jesus fucking Christ. Aim a little higher Coker
    Coker’s a different cat … to each their own
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2021
    The racist shtick was used by at least Oregon to negatively recruit against Pete. It was not harmless. That said I'd enjoy it if they came back.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,148
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I cringed a lot more reading threads about TSIO “Fast Strategy” discussions than actual TSIO Fast Strategy discussions.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,680
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I cringed a lot more reading threads about TSIO “Fast Strategy” discussions than actual TSIO Fast Strategy discussions.

Agreed. That and the racial stuff would have died pretty quietly if other posters didn't keep bringing it up.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,181
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

The race shit got so out of hand that I actually had to threaten people with bans to get it to stop. When I am the voice of reason you know shit has gone too far. And to be fair, when it all first started I totally saw where he was coming from on some of his perceptions on how color blind our recruiting was or wasn't, but once it got traction with the masses it got uglier rapidly. Anyway, water under the bridge or whatever. I always liked those guys quite a lot. I'd love to see them back, but just as regular shmuck posters, not cult of personality types. My 2 coppers.

Is your likeness on the 2 coppers @Swaye ?
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,075
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

The race shit got so out of hand that I actually had to threaten people with bans to get it to stop. When I am the voice of reason you know shit has gone too far. And to be fair, when it all first started I totally saw where he was coming from on some of his perceptions on how color blind our recruiting was or wasn't, but once it got traction with the masses it got uglier rapidly. Anyway, water under the bridge or whatever. I always liked those guys quite a lot. I'd love to see them back, but just as regular shmuck posters, not cult of personality types. My 2 coppers.

Is your likeness on the 2 coppers @Swaye ?
    @Swaye gets the wooden nickel.

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,420
    Founders Club
  • Options
    DoogerMcFarlandDoogerMcFarland Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 739
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Can someone link me to one of these egregious pods? I’ve never listened to anything they did.
  • Options

Can someone link me to one of these egregious pods? I’ve never listened to anything they did.

The only good ones are the Cinco de Mayo pods
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,100
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Are those the only ones in which you did your Flex Friday imitations?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,925
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Tequilla said:

Are those the only ones in which you did your Flex Friday imitations?
    Comedy genius. Especially after the 500th time
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,339
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Definitely try to find the one in which they claim that Nick Harris was a recruiting disaster, Huff would be a shit hire because he wouldn't be able to recruit, and... well, shit, you get the point.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Those idiots trying to run a site was one of the funniest things I’d seen in a long time.

The OKG racism take was the worst I’ve ever seen. And I’ve seen a lot of shitty takes. At first I thought it was satire.

Anyway. Fuck them.