Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

RIP-BDTW

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

chuck said:

Inspite of there being a lotta of water under the bridge, I think our community would be better off with @CokeGreaterThanPepsi and @Dennis_DeYoung than without. I’m sure the ship has sailed but I would not boo their return.

Only petty, jealous fucks who desire more recognition for themselves or who let politics drive their opinions about stuff that isn't political think otherwise. Either one of those guys were more valuable to this board than all of the guys batching about them combined.

Here's the deal retards. I didn't need to like or agree with anything those guys ever said in order to appreciate them being here. They created content and drove activity. Don't like it, don't click on it. Or you can weigh in and argue with them like big boys.

You know, it's funny how many vocal critics there are of DDY and Coker since they've been gone. I dont recall half as many when they were still posting So it to their face pussies.
    I called DDY an enemy of the program to his internet face a few times. Rather than crying about bullying he chinned the poasts everytim.

Dennis could dish it out but he could also take it. He took his pet theories a little too seriously but he never took himself too seriously. I respect the dude.
    DDY is 81% hyperbole.

He's also one of the smartest and funniest dudes to ever post here even when he's full of shit.

We'd be a better site with him back.
    Wiff a bullet.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,669
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

dnc said:

chuck said:

Inspite of there being a lotta of water under the bridge, I think our community would be better off with @CokeGreaterThanPepsi and @Dennis_DeYoung than without. I’m sure the ship has sailed but I would not boo their return.

Only petty, jealous fucks who desire more recognition for themselves or who let politics drive their opinions about stuff that isn't political think otherwise. Either one of those guys were more valuable to this board than all of the guys batching about them combined.

Here's the deal retards. I didn't need to like or agree with anything those guys ever said in order to appreciate them being here. They created content and drove activity. Don't like it, don't click on it. Or you can weigh in and argue with them like big boys.

You know, it's funny how many vocal critics there are of DDY and Coker since they've been gone. I dont recall half as many when they were still posting So it to their face pussies.
    I called DDY an enemy of the program to his internet face a few times. Rather than crying about bullying he chinned the poasts everytim.

Dennis could dish it out but he could also take it. He took his pet theories a little too seriously but he never took himself too seriously. I respect the dude.
    DDY is 81% hyperbole.

He's also one of the smartest and funniest dudes to ever post here even when he's full of shit.

We?

Also, disagree.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,180
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

chuck said:

DDY is 81% hyperbole.

We?

Also, disagree.
    He's an acquired taste.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    I always thought DDY was a retard with the race takes. Coke's problem was that he took that schtick and tried to mold it into a serious thing. He went full-retard and became an enemy of the program.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

I always thought DDY was a retard with the race takes. Coke's problem was that he took that schtick and tried to mold it into a serious thing. He went full-retard and became an enemy of the program.

Lol wut??? DDY brought up race more than Coker
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    FireCohen said:

I remember Coker hardly every bringing up @race. At least on the boards, I didn't listen to most of the pods.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,122
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Parents read the boredz!

Those guys are the EE and JTT of husky fans, and took their shit to the Columbus, Ohio of sites. Fuck. Them.

Maybe they'll transfer portal back.

• Options

Parents read the boredz!

Those guys are the EE and JTT of husky fans, and took their shit to the Columbus, Ohio of sites. Fuck. Them.

Maybe they'll transfer portal back.

This makes Chest the Gee Scott, Sr
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,700
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

They took themselves a lot more seriously than many of you believe. Remember Husky Twitter and them genuinely believing their tweets helped get recruits?

Orange is right about Coker telling him about studies.

That being said, who cares?

Doogs love their cult of personality. Lot of denial here regarding BDTW
  • Options
    dnc said:

They took themselves a lot more seriously than many of you believe. Remember Husky Twitter and them genuinely believing their tweets helped get recruits?

Orange is right about Coker telling him about studies.

That being said, who cares?

They definitely took Twitter too seriously, no argument there.

Specially @LaMichael_Corleone , who was close force selling his own couch for whatever the reason was
  • Options

FireCohen said:

Coker defended it. He told me to look into the fucking research. It was eugenics level misinformation and incredibly fucked up and fucking stupid.

Some nice dick sucking going on, but as soon as they went all-in on the race bullshit they became enemies of this website, football team, university, and humanity in general. A lot of you like to laugh it off, I encourage you to go reread some of the shit they were talking about.

DDY did have thick skin regarding a lot of that stuff...but this shit he was and probably still is dead serious about. It was fucking cringe at best and incredibly damaging at worst. Coker parroted the same exact talking points.

As a reminder, those talking points were:

- The program doesnt recruit "black" players
    - Players with one white parent aren't actually black
    - African immigrants aren't culturally black and dont count
    - OKG is at it's core a racist philosophy
    - White players aren't/can't be as good as black players
    - Black players (or those they deemed black enough) were needed to toughen up the program culturally because they might not come from "OKG environments"
    - Black players needed black names, not white sounding names

This was while UW had/has one of the most diverse rosters in football white white, black, poly, and even a Chinese starting safety and a Phillipino DB..and of course it ignored demographics and the rest of the Pac 12 rosters

Lots of rose tinted glasses going on here because of the funny shit takes they had on their pod and how they initially rallied the community with humor. It turned toxic and withered rather easily, says 34-17. Really embrassing shit.
    Agree with everything, but this statement. Isn’t the nfl like 60% black? Data support this statement no?
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,680
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2021

I begrudgingly admit that I too was a listener of TSIO. It had entertainment value to me, that much is true. But I also thought DDY was a huge assclown. It's still unclear to me if he was actually gay? Black? Paraplegic? Had any football credentials besides self proclaimed ones?

I would be glad to see Ballz return cus that guy is gold in every way (except ruining threads sometimes). DDY and Coke can get fucked tho. Last thing we need is them returning with tails tucked from there massive failure and getting built up a lil by being welcomed back. That would catapult them into another dimension of undeserving arrogance. Trust that it's better without them.

Ballz can walk in that door anytime as far as I'm concerned tho.

Ballz is the worst kind of race baiting cunt. He talked shit, called names, threatened, boasted about his size and ethnicity, then was hypervigilant about finding any opening to label someone as racist. Simply disagreeing with him enough times or too strongly was all it took. Fuck him.

Dennis went off the deep end from what I could see. His DDY shtick, at the end,, wasn't even a caricature. It seemed like he got lost in it.

I dont know what his original background in football was, but he had some connection to the original site/s that became dawgman. He's been evaluating football recruits for a long time. It didn't make him right all the time or even often, but he is experienced at it.
  • Options
    Founders Club

FireCohen said:

Coker defended it. He told me to look into the fucking research. It was eugenics level misinformation and incredibly fucked up and fucking stupid.

Some nice dick sucking going on, but as soon as they went all-in on the race bullshit they became enemies of this website, football team, university, and humanity in general. A lot of you like to laugh it off, I encourage you to go reread some of the shit they were talking about.

DDY did have thick skin regarding a lot of that stuff...but this shit he was and probably still is dead serious about. It was fucking cringe at best and incredibly damaging at worst. Coker parroted the same exact talking points.

- Black players (or those they deemed black enough) were needed to toughen up the program culturally because they might not come from "OKG environments"

This was while UW had/has one of the most diverse rosters in football white white, black, poly, and even a Chinese starting safety and a Phillipino DB..and of course it ignored demographics and the rest of the Pac 12 rosters

Lots of rose tinted glasses going on here because of the funny shit takes they had on their pod and how they initially rallied the community with humor. It turned toxic and withered rather easily, says 34-17. Really embrassing shit.
    You left out "fast strategy" and how black kids were prone to making bad decisions due to their environment and that those things also made them physically mature quicker, etc. I think I paraphrased that about 81% accurately.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,700
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

FireCohen said:

You left out "fast strategy" and how black kids were prone to making bad decisions due to their environment and that those things also made them physically mature quicker, etc. I think I paraphrased that about 81% accurately.
    Correct, and this made them more aggressive or something and therefore our football team wouldnt lose to Ohio State or something.

The entire thing was a dystopian racist nightmare