Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Humidor/Cigar Update

Comments

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,178
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

So been really trying to pick off some great Opus singles here and there off Puro Trader and I have slowly assembled a very legit Opus collection. On the far far left are the 5 remaining vintage (2006) Cohiba Magicos Maduros I am protecting with my life and only allowing myself one per year _ I was gifted these by a very wealthy watch collector I know and they are likely the most valuable cigars I will ever own. I've had a couple already and they are truly magical. Then you have my rarest of the rare Cubano stuff in the four boxes surrounding all the Opus. All the rest of those singles are rare to ultra rare Opus. I consider this level of my cabinet to be the "baller" level where all my most rare and expensive stuff lives. It's also just below the Magna system so I feel like it gets the most even humidity in the whole setup. I fucking love cigars.

Also, iHavanas is running a monthly special on Davidoff Grand Cru No 5's, and they had a 15 dollar off Christmas code word deal so I snagged a box of 25 for 170 bucks. That's like stealing them. Any place in the US that has them they are over 300 a box. VICTORY!

@PurpleBaze @DHD @YellowSnow @UW_Doog_Bot @Doogles @RaceBannon @dflea

Sorry for any of my @StickDWAGS I forgot.

How does the humidor know how to keep the Cubans dry and the non Cubans moist ?
    This is the question that has confounded the sages for an age. I am using the "split the difference" technique and while not ideal I think it's getting the job done. It is a conundrum. If I was made of money I would get another humidor made just like this one and keep the Cubanos in one, and all the Honduran/Nicaraguan/Dominican in another. Run the Cubans at 62 rh and the ROW at 69 rh. As it is I keep the humi set to 65 which bounces between 65-67.
    I know it's counter to your FS injunstincts but you could get a 2nd "smaller" humidor.

Either that or quit being a bitch and build a walk in with multiple cabinets already.

A root cellar with cigars, ammo, and firewater for the apocalypse would be an easy install in the trailer park.

• Options
    DHDDHD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,407
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    Always good to get the "Swaye Update" with regards to cigars.

I've been, literally, blowing through my stash of Opus Xs and Cubanos during snowmaggedon. It's been glorious.

Here's how my day/nights have gone since all the Christmas obligations were complete on December 25th.

1. Humor the wife (pics previously posted) with some small talk in the morning.

2. Find my kid and say hello, just make sure she (pics previously posted) knows I still exist.

3. Turn on the gas and get the fire pit going on the deck.

4. Pick 2 or 3 cigars for the afternoon/evening.

5. Pick something from my liquor cabinet to accompany my smoke choices.

6. Dress accordingly.

7. Sit outside, smoke, drink and enjoy the once in a lifetime snow event.

Rinse and repeat. Might be the greatest Christmas stretch ever.

I also discovered this website: www.bondroberts.com

I'm pretty sure that Swaye is the only person here with the budget to hang out at that site.

Once I've paid off my families exorbitant Christmas spending spree next month, I'll linger at that site a little longer and think about how my cigar tastes are becoming increasingly more outrageous.

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    My former man-cave in the basement was long before that a coal-bin, so my wife and kids could give a shit when I put a fan in the ceiling and piped the smoke outside. Then we remodeled and insulated the fuck out of everything, and sadly, turned the old coal bin area into the new guest room. New slab, new extended foundation walls, new windows & walls. Fucking nice quiet room now, but nowhere left to smoke inside except in front of the stove, like my old man did his Merits BITD. It's truly no way to smoke a cigar, which means I'm suffering during the cold months. I've done the garage with a propane heater thing, but that sucks too.

Has anyone found a commercial grade smokeless ashtray that actually works well enough to shut up bitchy family members? Or is that just another scam?

Somethings Gotta Give.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited December 2021

My former man-cave in the basement was long before that a coal-bin, so my wife and kids could give a shit when I put a fan in the ceiling and piped the smoke outside. Then we remodeled and insulated the fuck out of everything, and sadly, turned the old coal bin area into the new guest room. New slab, new extended foundation walls, new windows & walls. Fucking nice quiet room now, but nowhere left to smoke inside except in front of the stove, like my old man did his Merits BITD. It's truly no way to smoke a cigar, which means I'm suffering during the cold months. I've done the garage with a propane heater thing, but that sucks too.

Has anyone found a commercial grade smokeless ashtray that actually works well enough to shut up bitchy family members? Or is that just another scam?

Somethings Gotta Give.

I got no clue. I suffer in silence in the garage or I wait for those great days like today where it hits the high 50's and go out back and enjoy sticks the way God intended. Had a Montecristo with some whiskey today and it was glorious.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,855
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Somethings Gotta Give.

I smoke once a week in the summer in Bend. Winter is tough. Gotta find the 48 and sunny without too much wind days.

The new ice age is cramping my style.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,156
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Somethings Gotta Give.

I moved to California

I had a basement man cave in Seattle but cigar smoke is strong

We're in the couple week period here where its actually cold outside

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Somethings Gotta Give.

I moved to California

Southern California is great cigar county. I learned the habit watching my old man smoke outside in December.

Supposed to be 35 in Temecula on Sat night Race.

People forget in can snow in lowland Souther California. I’ve witnessed it twice.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited December 2021
    AM Humidors just got some Opus X God's Whisper in:

https://www.amhumidors.com/product-page/ff-opus-x-20th-anniversary-god-s-whisper-box-of-20

I bought a box as I have wanted these forever and they are impossible to find. Just a heads up for any serious Opus X fans out there.

Edit: Already sold out. Didn't make it a day. I found them at another secret place of mine:

https://cityofcigars.com/products/arturo-fuente-opusx-20-years-god-s-whisper

100 bucks more but it is highly likely you will never see these again. Be a baller, you know you want to.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

While I am hooking all of you up allow me to help you out even if you are on a tight budget. Carrillo Pledge Prequel on sale for 86 bucks a box. Are you fucking kidding me? $8.60 a stick for the Cigar of the Year? 98 rated! I have smoked an entire box of these already, and put up 3 more boxes for the future. Think I am going to buy two more now at these prices.

https://www.cigaraficionado.com/top25cigar/e-p-carrillo-pledge-prequel-2020

I turned @PurpleBaze and @YellowSnow (and @DHD too I think) on to these and they have purchased them in quantity and can back me up here. These cigars are the best dollar to quality stick in the world. Period. Do yourself a favor and buy a box.

https://cityofcigars.com/products/e-p-carrillo-pledge-prequel-5-x-50

It’s a balmy 35 today and the wind died down. Lighting up a pledge prequel. Sexted pics to @PurpleBaze and @Swaye
  • Options

Somethings Gotta Give.

I moved to California

So what I'm hearing is, I'm Fucked. Great. Guess I'll chap the fuck out of my lips and face trying to smoke a Monte Cristo in the cold wind and snow while walking my dog.

The only good part is hearing the masked up cunts with little purse dogs bitch and whine as I parade by blowing smoke at their insecurities.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    A fellow cigar-loving buddy of mine built a Rumford outdoor fireplace on his patio and extended the roof and one wall to shield a perfect little smoking and heat pocket that kept people reasonably dry and warm - enough to enjoy a cigar, anyway - at his place in Edmonds. It was perfect, but he retired and moved away.

One of those uber-pleasureable things you wished you'd never experienced in the first place, as its absence will now haunt me for the rest of my days.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

While I am hooking all of you up allow me to help you out even if you are on a tight budget. Carrillo Pledge Prequel on sale for 86 bucks a box. Are you fucking kidding me? $8.60 a stick for the Cigar of the Year? 98 rated! I have smoked an entire box of these already, and put up 3 more boxes for the future. Think I am going to buy two more now at these prices.

https://www.cigaraficionado.com/top25cigar/e-p-carrillo-pledge-prequel-2020

I turned @PurpleBaze and @YellowSnow (and @DHD too I think) on to these and they have purchased them in quantity and can back me up here. These cigars are the best dollar to quality stick in the world. Period. Do yourself a favor and buy a box.

https://cityofcigars.com/products/e-p-carrillo-pledge-prequel-5-x-50

It’s a balmy 35 today and the wind died down. Lighting up a pledge prequel. Sexted pics to @PurpleBaze and @Swaye
    Bundled up for bad assery.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dflea said:

You guys sound a little soft to me. You should go out to the local river and stand there for a while picking ice out of your rod guides and then handle a fish for a while. If there's a little freezing rain, leave your hood down long enough for it to start running down the back of your neck.

That will make your back porch cigar trips seem like a visit to a desert oasis.

Get some of these fuckers, too. Great for cold days when you need to be using your fingers.

I have those. Gonna try them next time.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

dflea said:

You guys sound a little soft to me. You should go out to the local river and stand there for a while picking ice out of your rod guides and then handle a fish for a while. If there's a little freezing rain, leave your hood down long enough for it to start running down the back of your neck.

That will make your back porch cigar trips seem like a visit to a desert oasis.

Get some of these fuckers, too. Great for cold days when you need to be using your fingers.

I have those. Gonna try them next time.
    They're awesome. Make sure you use the little orange dammits to get them off your hands. Simms makes good shit.