Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Humidor/Cigar Update

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,266 Founders Club
    DHD said:

Here's a humidor update for the winter. Thanks to Swaye for the Cuban hook-up ... nice to be able to show those off as part of the stash.

Some pics and a current list of what I've got, moving left to right, top to bottom:

Padron 1964
    Padron 1926
    Montecristo #4 (Cuban)
    Fuente Chateau King T
    Fuente Chateau King T Rosado
    Fuente Opus X

Tatuaje 10th Aniv. Bon Chasseur
    Dunbarton Sobremesa Brulee
    Partagas Serie D #4 (Cuban)
    Fuente 858 Claro
    Undercrown Sungrown
    Perdomo 10th Aniv.
    Padron Damaso #17
    Padron Variety
    Padron Damaso #8

E.P Carrillo Pledge Prequel
    E.P Carrillo Encore
    E.P Carrillo El Senador
    Fuente Variety
    Caldwell Long Live the King
    Caldwell Savages
    Caldwell Blind Man's Bluff
    Diesel Whiskey Row Sherry Cask
    Larutan Big Juicy
    Undercrown Flying Pig Shade Grown

Acid Toast
    Nub Nuance
    Mix of Various Stuff
    AVO Notturno
    AVO Syncro
    AVO Heritage

These would be a lot more enjoyable with good football, but I'm about to avoid the football so the games don't ruin my cigars.

The EPC pledge prequels are the chit. So nice and oily. Perfect draw. Perfect burn.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,383 Founders Club
    edited October 2021
    @DHD you have upped your game significantly. Padron. Opus X. Carrillo. Cubano Montecristo #4. Thats a goddamn respectable humidor. Can I come over?

edit: No big changes for me. I did add a small batch of Sin Compromiso and I also pulled down two boxes of Cubano Montecristo #4s (great minds think alike). Also snagged a box of Opus #6.

My humidor is really nicely seasoned now. Slowly bounces between 65-67rh. It's a real joy in life.

• DHDDHD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,481 Founders Club
    edited October 2021
    That's a thing of beauty Swaye ... great display and incredible assortment.

It's gonna suck to slow down on my cigar enjoyment as the weather gets crappy over the winter, but last year, some of my best afternoons/evenings were when it was really cold and dry and I could sit on the deck with the fire pit and enjoy a late night cigar. I really enjoyed that and this winter I've got a good selection to pick through. I'll definitely be ready to re-load in the spring.

I don't think I'm addicted to smoking cigars, but I think I'm addicted to the sorting and buying options. Gonna be tough to lay off the weekly delivery for a couple of months.

Looking forward to adding more Cubans.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,274 Founders Club
    Montecristo 4 is a great value cigar
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,567 Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

@DHD you have upped your game significantly. Padron. Opus X. Carrillo. Cubano Montecristo #4. Thats a goddamn respectable humidor. Can I come over?

edit: No big changes for me. I did add a small batch of Sin Compromiso and I also pulled down two boxes of Cubano Montecristo #4s (great minds think alike). Also snagged a box of Opus #6.

My humidor is really nicely seasoned now. Slowly bounces between 65-67rh. It's a real joy in life.

Man, I'm glad I gave you some solid economics and financial advice in trade for ruining your pocket book with high end FS addictions.

Swaye said:

Man, I'm glad I gave you some solid economics and financial advice in trade for ruining your pocket book with high end FS addictions.
    Oh yeah you fucked me good but in the best way possible. Cancer!
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,567 Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Oh yeah you fucked me good but in the best way possible. Cancer!
    Don't forget I sent you baby blankets!

Montecristo as the value cigar. Only at HCH.
    On the Lou price list you get the most for the least. That's value. But not cheap.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    Where my Backwoods and Swisher Sweets bros at?

Where my Backwoods and Swisher Sweets bros at?

I'm actually a big fan of swisher sweets. That's a great cheap cigar IMO

Montecristo as the value cigar. Only at HCH.
    On the Lou price list you get the most for the least. That's value. But not cheap.
    As I've been getting more into the throat cancer hobby, I find myself continually amazed at how much "value" there is out there in cigars. I play mostly in the $8.00 to $12.00 range and there's no shortage of 90 to 95 rated sticks.
    edited October 2021
    Yeah Cigar Afficionado has really shined a light on how many good to great 10-15 dollar sticks exist. In the old days everyone just assumed you had to sneak 35 dollar Cohibas into the country muled in your ass to get a great cigar. Not true at all. There have never been more great world class cigars that are relatively affordable than right now. Hell if you can get Opus at retail they are between 15-25 a stick! Top Carrillo's routinely at like 12 bucks a stick. That's incredible ROI.
    Swaye said:

Yeah Cigar Afficionado has really shined a light on how many good to great 10-15 dollar sticks exist. In the old days everyone just assumed you had to sneak 35 dollar Cohibas into the country muled in your ass to get a great cigar. Not true at all. There have never been more great world class cigars that are relatively affordable than right now. Hell if you can get Opus at retail they are between 15-25 a stick! Top Carrillo's routinely at like 12 bucks a stick. That's incredible ROI.

Might need to do our first ever cigar pole.

Swaye said:

Might need to do our first ever cigar pole.
    Im down. We can turn the gay cabal into the seeding cabal and have at it. The issue is only about 6 people here smoke regularly.
    edited December 2021
    Swaye said:

So been really trying to pick off some great Opus singles here and there off Puro Trader and I have slowly assembled a very legit Opus collection. On the far far left are the 5 remaining vintage (2006) Cohiba Magicos Maduros I am protecting with my life and only allowing myself one per year _ I was gifted these by a very wealthy watch collector I know and they are likely the most valuable cigars I will ever own. I've had a couple already and they are truly magical. Then you have my rarest of the rare Cubano stuff in the four boxes surrounding all the Opus. All the rest of those singles are rare to ultra rare Opus. I consider this level of my cabinet to be the "baller" level where all my most rare and expensive stuff lives. It's also just below the Magna system so I feel like it gets the most even humidity in the whole setup. I fucking love cigars.

Also, iHavanas is running a monthly special on Davidoff Grand Cru No 5's, and they had a 15 dollar off Christmas code word deal so I snagged a box of 25 for 170 bucks. That's like stealing them. Any place in the US that has them they are over 300 a box. VICTORY!

@PurpleBaze @DHD @YellowSnow @UW_Doog_Bot @Doogles @RaceBannon @dflea

Sorry for any of my @StickDWAGS I forgot.

How does the humidor know how to keep the Cubans dry and the non Cubans moist ?
    edited December 2021

Swaye said:

So been really trying to pick off some great Opus singles here and there off Puro Trader and I have slowly assembled a very legit Opus collection. On the far far left are the 5 remaining vintage (2006) Cohiba Magicos Maduros I am protecting with my life and only allowing myself one per year _ I was gifted these by a very wealthy watch collector I know and they are likely the most valuable cigars I will ever own. I've had a couple already and they are truly magical. Then you have my rarest of the rare Cubano stuff in the four boxes surrounding all the Opus. All the rest of those singles are rare to ultra rare Opus. I consider this level of my cabinet to be the "baller" level where all my most rare and expensive stuff lives. It's also just below the Magna system so I feel like it gets the most even humidity in the whole setup. I fucking love cigars.

Also, iHavanas is running a monthly special on Davidoff Grand Cru No 5's, and they had a 15 dollar off Christmas code word deal so I snagged a box of 25 for 170 bucks. That's like stealing them. Any place in the US that has them they are over 300 a box. VICTORY!

This is the question that has confounded the sages for an age. I am using the "split the difference" technique and while not ideal I think it's getting the job done. It is a conundrum. If I was made of money I would get another humidor made just like this one and keep the Cubanos in one, and all the Honduran/Nicaraguan/Dominican in another. Run the Cubans at 62 rh and the ROW at 69 rh. As it is I keep the humi set to 65 which bounces between 65-67.
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

This is the question that has confounded the sages for an age. I am using the "split the difference" technique and while not ideal I think it's getting the job done. It is a conundrum. If I was made of money I would get another humidor made just like this one and keep the Cubanos in one, and all the Honduran/Nicaraguan/Dominican in another. Run the Cubans at 62 rh and the ROW at 69 rh. As it is I keep the humi set to 65 which bounces between 65-67.
    I know you’ve got big heapum stack of wampum. It’s Tim to get out of this Cuban stogie crisis and order the second humidor