Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Give Me Your Best Argument Against Voter ID

Comments

• Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,235
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    thechatch said:

HH has now posted multiple times in this thread and was incapable of offering a reasonable explanation as to why one needs identification to check out a library book, but not to participate in our most sacred of democratic processes.

“It’s a solution to a problem that doesn’t exist”, he mutters.

Meanwhile, half of the US population has serious concerns, regarding election fraud.

But it’s apparently not a problem.

If you wanted to make sure our election process was beyond reproach, you would be in favor of requiring ID at the polls. You would also be in favor of making it illegal to harvest ballots, and VBM would only be granted to individuals under narrow qualifications, and votes would be processed and counted by an equal representation of both political parties by bonded officials.

One side is in favor of all of the above. The other is crying racism and doing everything they can to maintain and expand on the status quo.

Why is that? If there is no issue with voter fraud, why wouldn’t you have the balls to say, “fine, assholes. Here’s your Voter ID law. Here’s a law that ends ballot harvesting. Here’s a law that guarantees fair and accurate counting at our election centers. We’ll still win.”

But you won’t do that. And everyone knows why. Have some fucking balls and just admit it.

This x 1000
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,126
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited March 2021
    thechatch said:

HH has now posted multiple times in this thread and was incapable of offering a reasonable explanation as to why one needs identification to check out a library book, but not to participate in our most sacred of democratic processes.

Meanwhile, half of the US population has serious concerns, regarding election fraud.

If you wanted to make sure our election process was beyond reproach, you would be in favor of requiring ID at the polls. You would also be in favor of making it illegal to harvest ballots, and VBM would only be granted to individuals under narrow qualifications, and votes would be processed and counted by an equal representation of both political parties by bonded officials.

One side is in favor of all of the above. The other is crying racism and doing everything they can to maintain and expand on the status quo.

Why is that? If there is no issue with voter fraud, why wouldn’t you have the balls to say, “fine, assholes. Here’s your Voter ID law. Here’s a law that ends ballot harvesting. Here’s a law that guarantees fair and accurate counting at our election centers. We’ll still win.”

But you won’t do that. And everyone knows why. Have some fucking balls and just admit it.

Citation needed showing 160 million people are gravely concerned.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

HHusky said:

It's a solution in desperate search for a problem to solve.

Voter impersonation at the polls isn't a thing, for reasons that would become obvious to you if you thought about it at all. An ID requirement simply reduces voter participation.

My white, 66 year old, US born and bred plumber just asked me for advice on how he can get a birth certificate. He's having a Hell of a time for reasons that are fairly trivial. But it is illustrative.

He sounds stupid

Not surprised you hired him
    Probably part of the rough trade
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,547
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The reason we should not have it

There are 24 things that need an ID according to the Washington Examiner -

it is good to have one thing out there where we don't need an ID.

Benefits: Every time I leave the house I have to check, do I have my wallet, is my ID in the wallet? Damn it is confusing.

Now I am going to vote, I walk down to the mailbox and insert ballot that my wife filled out for me, do not check for a wallet or ID, I saved 2-3 seconds and untold stressful moments.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,181
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    LebamDawg said:

Benefits: Every time I leave the house I have to check, do I have my wallet, is my ID in the wallet? Damn it is confusing.

Now I am going to vote, I walk down to the mailbox and insert ballot that my wife filled out for me, do not check for a wallet or ID, I saved 2-3 seconds and untold stressful moments.

thechatch said:

Madam, I gave you a reason. It fixes a non-existent problem: in person voter impersonation. And at a cost of suppressing a not insignificant number of legitimate votes.

Feel free to continue to evade those basic truths.

• Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,235
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    HHusky said:

LebamDawg said:

thechatch said:

Madam, I gave you a reason. It fixes a non-existent problem: in person voter impersonation. And at a cost of suppressing a not insignificant number of legitimate votes.

• Options

HHusky said:

Voter impersonation at the polls isn't a thing, for reasons that would become obvious to you if you thought about it at all. An ID requirement simply reduces voter participation.

My white, 66 year old, US born and bred plumber just asked me for advice on how he can get a birth certificate. He's having a Hell of a time for reasons that are fairly trivial. But it is illustrative.

Stop lying, Dazzler. "Literally" you go to this magic answer box on google/bing/duck duck go and type in 'How to obtain a birth certificate in Seattle". Pick any fucking town or county you want.

Damn- there's a link. It's 'literally' a 3 second process.

https://www.kingcounty.gov/depts/health/vital-statistics/birth.aspx

So you fleeced him at your hourly rate instead of paying $25 - fuck off.
    He knows how to contact the County in which he was born. He did that long before he asked me about it.

This is a little like the argument you gals all loved about Covid: "I don't know any of the (500,000+) people who died, so it seems like a hoax to me."
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,863
    MelloDawg said:

thechatch said:

Citation needed showing 160 million people are gravely concerned.
    Fuck off, Ostrich Boy.

If you're fine with cheating so long as it supports your agenda, you're a Marxist.

Are you gravely concerned?

If not, again, fuck off, Ostrich Boy.

• Options
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Stop lying, Dazzler. "Literally" you go to this magic answer box on google/bing/duck duck go and type in 'How to obtain a birth certificate in Seattle". Pick any fucking town or county you want.

He knows how to contact the County in which he was born. He did that long before he asked me about it.

This is a little like the argument you gals all loved about Covid: "I don't know any of the (500,000+) people who died, so it seems like a hoax to me."
    You must have missed this part:

Fuck off.
  • Options

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Fuck off.
    Goes without saying.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    thechatch said:

This could be a compelling argument if you hadn’t already accused the Democratic Party of every other type of election fraud.

The idea that we’ll pass voter ID laws and then you’ll just accept the results is ridiculous. You’ll claim we burned ballots and machines changed votes.

Reaching the goal posts, against someone who’s just going to move it, is pointless. You know who is most likely to not have IDs and you want to prevent them from voting, period.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,814
    HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

I had to get one recently took 3 whole days to get almost all the way across the country from order to receipt. It was so hard!
    As much as I'm inclined to agree with the argument that something Sled can do almost any fucking retard should be able to do, the difficulty for the guy I'm talking about is trivial, but it is creating a real obstacle for him. But congrats on your success, Sled.

A stupid as you obviously are means you don't know shit. But you have confirmed that yourself 100's of times.

But being a loony lefty it was inevitable.
  • Options
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Fuck off.
    Goes without saying.
    Yet it doesn't stick.

So, fuck off.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,570
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

thechatch said:

This could be a compelling argument if you hadn’t already accused the Democratic Party of every other type of election fraud.

The idea that we’ll pass voter ID laws and then you’ll just accept the results is ridiculous. You’ll claim we burned ballots and machines changed votes.

Reaching the goal posts, against someone who’s just going to move it, is pointless. You know who is most likely to not have IDs and you want to prevent them from voting, period.
    Illegal aliens?

Dead people?

• Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,570
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Btw Kobe, your goalpost reasoning is pitiful.

“If we give you voter ID law you’ll just make up a different excuse so that’s why we say no.”

You’re a fucking clown.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,814
    Dems best argument is they won't be able to steal elections.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,547
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

LebamDawg said:

thechatch said:

WTF are you talking about? I posed an answer to the OP's question and you make it sound like I think there is voter fraud. Sorry never mentioned it in my poast
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    This thread makes me wonder what @HHusky is hiding from?
  • Options
    Sledog said:

Dems best argument is they won't be able to steal elections.

At least it's honest.