Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Give Me Your Best Argument Against Voter ID

thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,570
First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Try and avoid chickenshit responses like, “it unfairly marginalizes black folk who are somehow incapable of finding the DMV”.

Go.

Comments

• Options
    GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,354
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    It's racist since black people are too dumb to get id's... oh wait that is the democratic line.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,814
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Funny to get anywhere around the capitol you have to show ID it seems Dims think it's OK there but not to vote.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    To get inside most Federal Buildings and all Federal Court houses you need to show a photo ID.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    SFGbob said:

To get inside most Federal Buildings and all Federal Court houses you need to show a photo ID.

Dems want black people to be able to put them in power.
    Once they're in power they sure as fuck don't want them anywhere near.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Requiring govt issued picture ID makes it harder to adjust elections by the Experts who know when The Voters got it wrong
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Don’t even ask about getting on the internet
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,570
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Don’t even ask about getting on the internet

It’s hard.

But I hear we should switch to 100% mail in/online voting.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,863
    IT'S RACIST!!!

(You can use that as an argument for/against anything, you know).

• Options
    SFGbob said:

Except in Washington DC.

Because you can't get into, you know, Federal Buildings behind all that razor wire.

• Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,182
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited March 2021
    It's a solution in desperate search for a problem to solve.

Voter impersonation at the polls isn't a thing, for reasons that would become obvious to you if you thought about it at all. An ID requirement simply reduces voter participation.

My white, 66 year old, US born and bred plumber just asked me for advice on how he can get a birth certificate. He's having a Hell of a time for reasons that are fairly trivial. But it is illustrative.
  • Options

HHusky said:

Voter impersonation at the polls isn't a thing, for reasons that would become obvious to you if you thought about it at all. An ID requirement simply reduces voter participation.

My white, 66 year old, US born and bred plumber just asked me for advice on how he can get a birth certificate. He's having a Hell of a time for reasons that are fairly trivial. But it is illustrative.

He sounds stupid

Not surprised you hired him
    racist
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,814
    HHusky said:

I had to get one recently took 3 whole days to get almost all the way across the country from order to receipt. It was so hard!
  • Options
    Sledog said:

HHusky said:

I had to get one recently took 3 whole days to get almost all the way across the country from order to receipt. It was so hard!
    As much as I'm inclined to agree with the argument that something Sled can do almost any fucking retard should be able to do, the difficulty for the guy I'm talking about is trivial, but it is creating a real obstacle for him. But congrats on your success, Sled.

• Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,332
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

As much as I'm inclined to agree with the argument that something Sled can do almost any fucking retard should be able to do, the difficulty for the guy I'm talking about is trivial, but it is creating a real obstacle for him. But congrats on your success, Sled.

Please HH, stop the bullshit. I needed a birth certificate after we lost it during a move. It took a week to get a replacement.

There is virtually no reason to not have ID to vote so clue your plumber in so he can fly, buy alcohol, write a check, claim social security, drive a car, buy a gun, etc.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    HHusky said:

Stop lying, Dazzler. "Literally" you go to this magic answer box on google/bing/duck duck go and type in 'How to obtain a birth certificate in Seattle". Pick any fucking town or county you want.

Damn- there's a link. It's 'literally' a 3 second process.

https://www.kingcounty.gov/depts/health/vital-statistics/birth.aspx

So you fleeced him at your hourly rate instead of paying $25 - fuck off.