Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

How do we unite as a country?

Comments

• CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986

When did it become a crime to question an election? Quite common really

The democrats reaction isn't. They seem overly defensive. And guilty

This
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    dflea said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I’m hopeful for some kind of unity but it won’t be with you guys. The left proved it was willing to compromise by helping vote in Biden, you guys proved what you were about on January 6th.

You guys think Joe Biden is a Marxist and that Trump was the greatest president ever. We live in different realities and my guess is you can’t climb back up the far right cliff you’ve fallen off.

Nobody with a brain is supportive of what happened on January 6th ... hope that helps
    Anyone that claimed the election was stolen is supportive of it.
    There is a big difference in saying that there’s some significant election reform that needs to take place (and btw it benefits both parties) and saying the election has been stolen.

The reality is that if there’s doubt that something has not been on the up and up that’s an indictment on our existing process. Close the loop on conspiracy theories.
    Why would you need significant election reform unless there was significant fraud?
    Durrrr

Stick to posting your gay fantasies, Midget.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,279 Founders Club
    Bob_C said:

Tequilla said:

I’m hopeful for some kind of unity but it won’t be with you guys. The left proved it was willing to compromise by helping vote in Biden, you guys proved what you were about on January 6th.

You guys think Joe Biden is a Marxist and that Trump was the greatest president ever. We live in different realities and my guess is you can’t climb back up the far right cliff you’ve fallen off.

Nobody with a brain is supportive of what happened on January 6th ... hope that helps
    The reality that no one will admit is that the left loved every second of Jan 6th. They got their pretext for what they were going to do anyways.
    It was their Reichstag Fire. Add to that, their collusion with big tech in installing the digital equivalent of the Volksempfänger's, and they're partying like it's 1933.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Tequilla said:

I welcome standardization of election policies and think that it’s highly important that something like this is done on a bi-partisan standpoint

I read that article and nothing about bi-partisanship really stood out. It's more like the Dems saying "let's take what worked well in the states we successfully cheated in, and make that the federal standard."

Anyone wonder why voting went so smoothly in all states EXCEPT the battleground states that Trump HAD to win? Stops in counting, counting overnight, counting later, cardboard put up over windows, watchers kicked out, blah blah. Only in the battleground states.

And make no mistake, the Jan 6 event was not a happy coincidence for the Democrats - that protest, the subsequent riot, and the manufactured outrage was game-planned out long before it happened.

That’s why I said things like this need to be bipartisan

I agree with you that a lot of work needs to be done to make it bipartisan

What I’m seeing a lot of at this point is a lot of posturing on both sides
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/mcconnell-blocks-bills-election-security-heels-mueller-warnings/story?id=64569009

This is what bipartisan election security looks like.

Stop electing people that hate the government and want it to fail is my advice.

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

There is a big difference in saying that there’s some significant election reform that needs to take place (and btw it benefits both parties) and saying the election has been stolen.

The reality is that if there’s doubt that something has not been on the up and up that’s an indictment on our existing process. Close the loop on conspiracy theories.
    It’s nice that because you’re right wing you give the far right loons plenty of rope but they’re just using it to hang themselves. Claiming the US is a banana republic is not saying we need some reform.
    I’m not right wing ...

I lean right

My comments would be the same regardless of left/right
    Regardless of how far right you are, you give a ridiculous amount of leeway to these nutters.
    Big claim to make without an example

I’m highly skeptical of both sides and think both are very corrupt at this point

Probably the most that can be said about leeway that I give is that I’m patient and try to rely on facts and evidence before concluding judgment just off the cuff or emotion
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228

dflea said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Why would you need significant election reform unless there was significant fraud?
    Durrrr

Answer the fucking question, bitch!

No fraud, no need for changes. It's so simple even a fucking retard like you can get it.

I get it. Losers always want to change the rules. Bama and Clemson don't think the CFP is broken.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,080 Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I welcome standardization of election policies and think that it’s highly important that something like this is done on a bi-partisan standpoint

I read that article and nothing about bi-partisanship really stood out. It's more like the Dems saying "let's take what worked well in the states we successfully cheated in, and make that the federal standard."

Anyone wonder why voting went so smoothly in all states EXCEPT the battleground states that Trump HAD to win? Stops in counting, counting overnight, counting later, cardboard put up over windows, watchers kicked out, blah blah. Only in the battleground states.

And make no mistake, the Jan 6 event was not a happy coincidence for the Democrats - that protest, the subsequent riot, and the manufactured outrage was game-planned out long before it happened.

That’s why I said things like this need to be bipartisan

I agree with you that a lot of work needs to be done to make it bipartisan

What I’m seeing a lot of at this point is a lot of posturing on both sides
    No such thing as bipartisan anymore.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/mcconnell-blocks-bills-election-security-heels-mueller-warnings/story?id=64569009

This is what bipartisan election security looks like.

Stop electing people that hate the government and want it to fail is my advice.

1) One of the biggest challenges in politics is bills that have a certain topic manner but then tons of pork built in that are trying get things that would never get approved otherwise ... the devil is always in the details

2) The issues/challenges in the 2020 election were exasperated in many states due to COVID

The reality is that leadership on both sides need to focus on getting shit done vs political posturing points to leverage in the game of gotcha at a future date
    dflea said:

dflea said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Durrrr

Answer the fucking question, bitch!

No fraud, no need for changes. It's so simple even a fucking retard like you can get it.

I get it. Losers always want to change the rules. Bama and Clemson don't think the CFP is broken.
    You didn’t ask me a question, Tiny Clam Guy.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,517 Founders Club
    edited January 2021
    Overturning Citizens Divided

allowing unions and rebuilding the middle class

build the fucking wall, and start actually punishing employers who employ illegals knowlingly. That means Wal mart, Tyson, and some of you fags who pay your Mexican maid under the table

Reinstate the Fairness Doctrine, or something similar. It was in place for 40 years. There's no need to "dig deeper." It worked.

That probably solves over half of it right there
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959

build the fucking wall, and start actually punishing employers who employ illegals knowlingly. That means Wal mart, Tyson, and some of you fags who pay your Mexican maid under the table

Reinstate the Fairness Doctrine, or something similar. It was in place for 40 years. There's no need to "dig deeper." It worked.

I’d build the wall myself to overturn Citizens United.
  • PrestonluvPrestonluv Member Posts: 275
    edited January 2021
    Been hearing this shit for 30 years.

We are no more divided than we were 30-40 years ago

The political left and right have been waging this war for decades and they do it to stay in power. They make it left versus right so we can remain a two party system and they retain power as a result.

We need to be issue based and not party based in our decision making and when it comes to voting.

The media also promotes the minority views as being the majority for ratings purposes. They feast off the extremist actions and put them in the spotlight. As a result, the uneducated and the foreigner often buy into the notion that the extremists are the norm. The average everyday American knows this isn’t true but the average person isn’t running around causing chaos , they are at work or raising a family or doing normal everyday things

I would argue that we are more united today than we have been in decades. Despite all the obstacles and the media promoting fear and division for ratings we still are moving forward.

So much pessimism. Optimism is heartbeat of the healthy
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,664 Standard Supporter
    we do need about 12 political parties - so one's views can align closer to a party.

all without professional politicians.

I’d build the wall myself to overturn Citizens United.
    Do you feel the same way about public and private unions being able to donate to politicians?
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,984
    I see the far left dragging Democrats into an all out assault on

Unity comes when the elder liberals teach children like you a little bit about what this country and its greatest institutions were built upon, because, while I disagree with their politics, at least they have some learned history to fall back on.

HTH
    Biden is a secular religious leader.