Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Cristobal spotted at Auburn airport

Comments

• Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2020

mrdoog said:

no_uh said:

This is a victory if Cristobal continues to be as mediocre at the job as Lake.

He definitely has room to improve as an on field coach but in 2-3 years it’s not going to matter when he’s working on another top 10 recruiting class.

If you need top 10 recruiting classes to beat Oregon State and Cal, you have the wrong coach
    If you haven’t noticed, it’s pretty chaotic in CFB. Just be happy the stripes spotted you the Beavlet game and you lost to Stanford.

Meathead is just getting started and you know it.
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    While we don’t know if Mario is worth the money and the years they’re giving to him we do know that Oregon has the lowest head coach salary to revenue ratio in the conference and almost certainly the country.

Kyle Whittingham makes double. With his coordinators getting pretty much the same salaries (those dumb fucks pay Andy Ludwig $900k) as Oregon’s, yet when he had a chance to get a godamn playoff spot his team took it without lube.

Karl Dorrell got $3.2 million, and has had a nice exhibition, but that’s what the coaching market is now. Karl Dorrell gets $3.2 million. Justin Fuente gets $4.25. Bronco Mendenhall gets $4.1 to coach at Virginia in a conference that distributes less revenue than the Pac-12. Kansas pays Les Miles $3.5 and even if you think Les Miles is a great coach we have a winless team paying $3.5 million.

Jimmy Sexton’s and Trace Armstrong’s kids are gonna have a niiiiiice Christmas.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

While we don’t know if Mario is worth the money and the years they’re giving to him we do know that Oregon has the lowest head coach salary to revenue ratio in the conference and almost certainly the country.

Kyle Whittingham makes double. With his coordinators getting pretty much the same salaries (those dumb fucks pay Andy Ludwig $900k) as Oregon’s, yet when he had a chance to get a godamn playoff spot his team took it without lube.

Karl Dorrell got $3.2 million, and has had a nice exhibition, but that’s what the coaching market is now. Karl Dorrell gets $3.2 million. Justin Fuente gets $4.25. Bronco Mendenhall gets $4.1 to coach at Virginia in a conference that distributes less revenue than the Pac-12. Kansas pays Les Miles $3.5 and even if you think Les Miles is a great coach we have a winless team paying $3.5 million.

But still.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    lawsandl said:

mrdoog said:

no_uh said:

He definitely has room to improve as an on field coach but in 2-3 years it’s not going to matter when he’s working on another top 10 recruiting class.

If you need top 10 recruiting classes to beat Oregon State and Cal, you have the wrong coach
    If you haven’t noticed, it’s pretty chaotic in CFB. Just be happy the stripes spotted you the Beavlet game and you lost to Stanford.

Meathead is just getting started and you know it.
    CPOTD
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    lawsandl said:

no_uh said:

Right...
    Oregon’s cupcake mickey mouse run to pac 12 north representatives
    -played stanford w/o their starting quarterback
    -down headed into the fourth against trash Wazzu
    -Needed a miracle to beat UCLA’s JV team
    -Lost to the Beavlet
    -Lost to Poverty Cal
    -UW Covid issues
  • Options

But still.
    Imagine if the numbers had a zero subtracted and this was a salary survey being conducted to find out how much a company should pay the GM of their retail or manufacturing operation. They would wonder what the fuck is going on.

A lot of Oregon fans aren’t understanding this.

If Cristobal leaves they should see who they can hire for $2.5 million or even the $3.7 million he got with bonuses last year. Head coach salaries have been growing at an insane rate.
  • Options

lawsandl said:

no_uh said:

Right...
    Oregon’s cupcake mickey mouse run to pac 12 north representatives
    -played stanford w/o their starting quarterback
    -down headed into the fourth against trash Wazzu
    -Needed a miracle to beat UCLA’s JV team
    -Lost to the Beavlet
    -Lost to Poverty Cal
    -UW Covid issues
    What do you predict will happen next season? Gun to your head.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,572
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

lawsandl said:

no_uh said:

Right...
    You lose to beavlet and cal in back to back weeks you suck ass and can't motivate your players. They beat SC and I still won't give him much credit because almost every team gets up for SC especially with a bunch of SoCal kids.

I do think SC has the confidence and wants this enough to win though. So 3-3 season and serious-about-football Orygun threw as much as they could at him to keep him from going to dumb fuck Aubs.
    They probably won't, but this is weak. These "every team gets up for SC" or "it's SC, they're always loaded" and "well, SC is SC" is just what people say when they run out of real points to make.

SC is undefeated and has everything to play for (relative to the context of this abortion of a season and abortion of a conference). If Oregon goes down there and miraculously wins, that means something even if you don't want it to.
    I don't have to want anything, he just lost to two shit teams and didn't even win his own division.

He's probably going to lose to a really bad coach.

You don't think UW and Oregon and a bunch of other teams get up for SC and love rubbing their faces in shit and then go around LA bragging about it? It's what UW did in 15, Oregon in 19.

Sorry, thought Christo did well at the end of last year with a flawed Sherbet and seniors. Turns out the seniors played well, Hebert is an awesome NFL player, and he's losing to shit teams with superior athletes.

Oregon extension does not look like a terrible thing at this point.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

wonder who aubbie goes after now that meathead told them to pound sand.

Did Cristobal turn them down ? I had not heard that yet. I have a real job.
  • Options

Their fallback is to crown their DC which would cause immediate suicide by many of their fans
    isnt that just life as an aubbie fan though?
    Cam Newton’s dad needing repairs for his church roof or some shit kept them going for a while. The they got an extra boost when Saban forgot his kicker’s range was 15 yards the other way.

It’s got to suck to be them though. Deluded into thinking they could be the Clemson of Alabama.
    They’ve won a national championship this decade. I realize it’s easy to downplay the importance of that when you have zero of them, but any Duck or UW fan who wouldn’t take that National Championship along with how they have done the last five years over either of what our programs have done in the last decade is a liar and an idiot.
    I don’t know what part of me saying Cam Newton’s dad needed a new roof didn’t get through to you as referencing their 2010 national championship. It’s probably my fault. Too subtle of a reference, and I could have been referring to any of Cam Newton’s seasons at Auburn.

I wouldn’t blame a Washington fan for not even giving a second thought to trading the last decade with Auburn. The War Eagle Tigers had more wins as well as the natty. Not to mention the four wins instead of two against the rival that has had much more success in the modern era.

As an Oregon fan I would still trade with Auburn, for that non mythical national championship. It would be nice to join USC in that club. It means giving up the 14 more wins, and having to be the bitch in the rivalry, so you could see why there would be a pause.
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Their fallback is to crown their DC which would cause immediate suicide by many of their fans
    isnt that just life as an aubbie fan though?
    Cam Newton’s dad needing repairs for his church roof or some shit kept them going for a while. The they got an extra boost when Saban forgot his kicker’s range was 15 yards the other way.

It’s got to suck to be them though. Deluded into thinking they could be the Clemson of Alabama.
    They’ve won a national championship this decade. I realize it’s easy to downplay the importance of that when you have zero of them, but any Duck or UW fan who wouldn’t take that National Championship along with how they have done the last five years over either of what our programs have done in the last decade is a liar and an idiot.
    I don’t know what part of me saying Cam Newton’s dad needed a new roof didn’t get through to you as referencing their 2010 national championship. It’s probably my fault. Too subtle of a reference, and I could have been referring to any of Cam Newton’s seasons at Auburn.

I wouldn’t blame a Washington fan for not even giving a second thought to trading the last decade with Auburn. The War Eagle Tigers had more wins as well as the natty. Not to mention the four wins instead of two against the rival that has had much more success in the modern era.

As an Oregon fan I would still trade with Auburn, for that non mythical national championship. It would be nice to join USC in that club. It means giving up the 14 more wins, and having to be the bitch in the rivalry, so you could see why there would be a pause.
    Actually it had very much to do with the inferred arrogance and delusion of the below comment, which coming from a Duck is quite rich.

“It’s got to suck to be them though. Deluded into thinking they could be the Clemson of Alabama.”
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,517
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Real doogman vibes around here lately. Didn’t realize things were that bad at UW
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    ntxduck said:

Real doogman vibes around here lately. Didn’t realize things were that bad at UW

The worst!
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,599
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

ntxduck said:

3-2.
    And still playing in the CCG because ya’ll proved to be a bunch of pussies; bowing out and just giving that game to your rival like that....Jimmy saw a chance to win the N, print a tee shirt, and avoid getting embarrassed by USC all in the same week. That’s shameful shit. Pull your dresses back down and don’t forget to curse the crooked mustache that sold Billy Joe Gunrack his Camaro.
  • Options
    thechatch said:

ntxduck said:

3-2.
    And still playing in the CCG because ya’ll proved to be a bunch of pussies; bowing out and just giving that game to your rival like that....Jimmy saw a chance to win the N, print a tee shirt, and avoid getting embarrassed by USC all in the same week. That’s shameful shit. Pull your dresses back down and don’t forget to curse the crooked mustache that sold Billy Joe Gunrack his Camaro.
    Wow you’re retarded. Water is wet.

The conference is a bunch of losers for not pushing the game back a week to accommodate the REAL north champs.

Having a team in the conference championship game that is 3-2 with losses to Cal and Oregon State is shameful.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,599
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    It’s actually better for the conference that Oregon is in over UW. More National appeal...better ratings....

UW is a regional brand. Having two national brands squaring off, irrespective of their records, was probably what FOX really wanted.

You’ll watch.
  • Options
    thechatch said:

It’s actually better for the conference that Oregon is in over UW. More National appeal...better ratings....

UW is a regional brand. Having two national brands squaring off, irrespective of their records, was probably what FOX really wanted.

You’ll watch.

I can’t wait to watch Tyler Shough embarrass himself again in front of a national audience!
  • Options

ntxduck said:

3-2.
    Again, who do you think is the odds on favorite to win the PAC next year?