Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Cristobal spotted at Auburn airport

Comments

• Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,324
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If Urban's not going to take Texas, I'll take him at his word that he's truly done.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,309
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

If Urban's not going to take Texas, I'll take him at his word that he's truly done.

He's still talking to USC my @Sources tell me.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Yep it’ll either be USC or Notre Dame for him, if anything.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Gladstone said:

I remember back when people used to say that ND was the one team he'd leave "School X" for.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,609
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

What’s going to happen is Oregon will go get Sark. We will all tell ourselves he is new and improved.

I will be inconsolable like a Jamie Dutton beat down from his sister on this bored.

Sark will be great for recruiting!
    Sark was so bad against Oregon though. I can't see anybody in the Yuge being excited about that, sober or not.
    UW/USC will negative recruit the shit out of him. That would be a horrendous hire for Oregon
    Helton’s negative recruiting sound as Magoo as the man?
    Are we sure Helton isn’t drunk? Kelly wasn’t the Oregon coach until 2009 says google. So the 2004-08 being the pac 12 peak for coaches seems like a stretch.
    Whatever, you get the point, but I'm flattered you went to research this stuff. Great post.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,517
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2020
    Gladstone said:

Oregon won’t hire Sarkisian, they’re the only other fan base as dialed in as UW when it comes to sloppy Steve. Five straight wholly uncompetitive laughers, including the 2011 game honoring the 20th anni of 1991 in which he famously cried and begged Chip not to run the score up too badly.

Chip called off the dogs.

I remember the 2011 game being somewhat close...? Definitely the closest under sark. Although Oregon won rather easily in the end, say 34-17
  • Options

haie said:

Oregon's last hires were Taggert and Christo, so now they're going to get Urban and force him to recruit to Eugene when he'll have LA and Austin as choices?

Skeptical.

I agree with you about saying no to Texas and yes to Oregon just on blue blood bases; but the recruiting wouldn't be the issue. He is his own center of gravity for recruiting purposes, and Mario has shown he can do it.

They're rigth on top of Cali. Just like Oklahomo is right on top of Texas. They can get kids to come. I know this is your fundamental theory of everything, but your version of Iron Laws was always as bad as Auburndawg's.

Urban MF Meyer could take over Alaska Fairbanks and get kids from Louisiana to come play for him.
    Urban is likely not going to a state with weak talent production, even with Nike resources. He didn't need Nike to win trophies at Florida and Ohio St. Both were in strong recruiting states. Texas or USC would be much easier to win at than Oregon, not least because you wouldn't have to COMPETE against those schools if you had one of those jobs. And the recruiting is just too easy at those places.

It would be much easier to dominate the Big 12 than the Pac, despite what some think, I think Texas is a better spot for him.
    I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell he'd go to Oregon either. I just wonder if local talent would be the driving reason. There are other programs that don't have local talent production that are nonetheless a draw for a coach like Meyer. But those other programs have history on their side. Notre Dame comes to mind. Oregon doesn't have that.

I also think Meyer, himself, is the recruiting attraction. Said another way, I don't think Urbs would be hesitant to go somewhere he wants to go because he's worried about recruiting outside the new backyard. I just don't think he'd ever want to go coach at Oregon.
  • Options
    haie said:

JHop doesn't bother me at all compared to Slickhawk and Fentress.

As a matter of fact Seattle area quooks like slick12 and scody are the primary reason I would like the Eugene druids to overrun that athletic department.

haie said:

Oregon's last hires were Taggert and Christo, so now they're going to get Urban and force him to recruit to Eugene when he'll have LA and Austin as choices?

Skeptical.

I agree with you about saying no to Texas and yes to Oregon just on blue blood bases; but the recruiting wouldn't be the issue. He is his own center of gravity for recruiting purposes, and Mario has shown he can do it.

They're rigth on top of Cali. Just like Oklahomo is right on top of Texas. They can get kids to come. I know this is your fundamental theory of everything, but your version of Iron Laws was always as bad as Auburndawg's.

Urban MF Meyer could take over Alaska Fairbanks and get kids from Louisiana to come play for him.
    My Iron Law is their track record of previous head coaching hires this decade.

They've been expected to make this big hire for 8 years now but it's been 2 assistants and a program restorer, if you can even call him that.
    That wasn't the point.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    ntxduck said:

Gladstone said:

Oregon won’t hire Sarkisian, they’re the only other fan base as dialed in as UW when it comes to sloppy Steve. Five straight wholly uncompetitive laughers, including the 2011 game honoring the 20th anni of 1991 in which he famously cried and begged Chip not to run the score up too badly.

I remember the 2011 game being somewhat close...? Definitely the closest under sark. Although Oregon won rather easily in the end, say 34-17
    I am slightly encouraged that you, a duck, bizarrely started to convince yourself of a falsity, and perhaps your athletic department I’m giving too much credit, but it was without question a wholly uncompetitive laugher. Complete with him literally crying on the sidelines and asking Chip not to humiliate him on the anniversary.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

ntxduck said:

Gladstone said:

Was that the legendary 3 quarter Jack Lockner win?

35-35 after three yet the Ducks kept their 3 TD win streak alive by the end

55-35 I think

Jack once beat Ohio State at halftime and beat LSU after the first quarter
    Jack's last season at UW was 2010.

06 class/redshirt
    07 Beat Syracuse NEM
    08 Five reasons/owen 12
    09 New HC new attitude
    10 Holiday Bowel champ
  • Options
    Founders Club

Gladstone said:

I remember back when people used to say that ND was the one team he'd leave "School X" for.
    He was on the Holtz ND staff and famously called it his dream job for many years, he requested in 2004 the same Prop 48 recruiting advantage that Lou had, and was denied. Kelly has made progress on that front although it is not at Lou levels.

I don’t think he will end up Irish but the hype is entirely of his own doing.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,609
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

haie said:

Skeptical.

Urban is likely not going to a state with weak talent production, even with Nike resources. He didn't need Nike to win trophies at Florida and Ohio St. Both were in strong recruiting states. Texas or USC would be much easier to win at than Oregon, not least because you wouldn't have to COMPETE against those schools if you had one of those jobs. And the recruiting is just too easy at those places.

It would be much easier to dominate the Big 12 than the Pac, despite what some think, I think Texas is a better spot for him.
    I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell he'd go to Oregon either. I just wonder if local talent would be the driving reason. There are other programs that don't have local talent production that are nonetheless a draw for a coach like Meyer. But those other programs have history on their side. Notre Dame comes to mind. Oregon doesn't have that.

I also think Meyer, himself, is the recruiting attraction. Said another way, I don't think Urbs would be hesitant to go somewhere he wants to go because he's worried about recruiting outside the new backyard. I just don't think he'd ever want to go coach at Oregon.
    If you coach at Oregon you would still have to recruit against USC. Same reason he would never go to Oklahoma. Texas is the premier recruiting location in that conference and as a result UT always has advantages over OU.

Urban is the attraction, but if he takes a job it will be the easiest path to an NC at his third location.

USC or UT are way, way easier places to do that than Oregon.

He's also super rich and LA or Austin are more attractive to super rich people than Eugene.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Imagine if ND promoted Urban and not Bob Davie lmao in 1997. Urban then went to Bowling Green as head coach where he took a team that had gone 4-18 the previous two years, and went 17-6 his first two years before leaving for MWC Utah. He then went undefeated at Utah and won the Fiesta by about 70.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

ntxduck said:

Gladstone said:

Was that the legendary 3 quarter Jack Lockner win?

35-35 after three yet the Ducks kept their 3 TD win streak alive by the end

55-35 I think

Jack once beat Ohio State at halftime and beat LSU after the first quarter
    Jack's last season at UW was 2010.

06 class/redshirt
    07 Beat Syracuse NEM
    08 Five reasons/owen 12
    09 New HC new attitude
    10 Holiday Bowel champ
    Good times/ No wonder they are BLOCKED out