Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    Public school is the enemy.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,664 Standard Supporter
    I thought white people knew how to do white privilege

Now they have to train for it? that is nuts
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,944 Founders Club
    jecornel said:

Depends on the state and school district. None of the Eastside Schools were doing an "official" BLM week or transgender training Yet like we had the joy of experiencing with SPS.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,374 Founders Club
    edited December 2020

jecornel said:

Depends on the state and school district. None of the Eastside Schools were doing an "official" BLM week or transgender training Yet like we had the joy of experiencing with SPS.
    Yes they are (If by Eastside you mean Kingco)
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    I’ve read through the presentation and I’d be curious to hear what exactly you think is crazy.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,519 Founders Club
    It's voluntary.

I'm not defending this commie nonsense, but there's a big difference between mandatory and voluntary.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,010 Standard Supporter
    "Voluntary"? You think that opting out would be a good career move for some teacher looking to move into administrative work for the school district - like Principal?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

It's voluntary.

I'm not defending this commie nonsense, but there's a big difference between mandatory and voluntary.

I thought it was mandatory. I agree that it’s a huge difference.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    This is pure lunacy ...

1) Land “conquests” have happened throughout history ... are we addressing all of those instances? Acting like what happened 100s of years ago is the responsibility of people today is crazy to me

2) Evaluating below standard grades by race matters from the standpoint of identifying and confirming gaps that are out there ... but there is not privilege in those numbers as much as a need to raise standards from underperforming areas. Solutions should be viewed from a how do we raise the bar instead of any solution tied to lowering the bar

3) Eliminating deadlines for work being due I can understand but it’s a fine line. Get too lax on that and you promote a culture of not being accountable and you aren’t setting the kids up for success when they go to college or in their professional careers. Same with respect to behavior in the classroom. Lowering the standards doesn’t do anybody any favors.

Ultimately we are all Americans and we should be looking for ways to unify versus divide. It’s really should not be that difficult.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,942

Tequilla said:

This is pure lunacy ...

1) Land “conquests” have happened throughout history ... are we addressing all of those instances? Acting like what happened 100s of years ago is the responsibility of people today is crazy to me

2) Evaluating below standard grades by race matters from the standpoint of identifying and confirming gaps that are out there ... but there is not privilege in those numbers as much as a need to raise standards from underperforming areas. Solutions should be viewed from a how do we raise the bar instead of any solution tied to lowering the bar

3) Eliminating deadlines for work being due I can understand but it’s a fine line. Get too lax on that and you promote a culture of not being accountable and you aren’t setting the kids up for success when they go to college or in their professional careers. Same with respect to behavior in the classroom. Lowering the standards doesn’t do anybody any favors.

Ultimately we are all Americans and we should be looking for ways to unify versus divide. It’s really should not be that difficult.

Nothing as hypocritical as a leftard. You see any of them deeding there home over to the "natives". The Indians in North and South America were continually conquering and taking. Aztecs would sacrifice tens of thousands of mostly peaceful Indians. They had slaves. It's like we don't ever educate our kids, just teach them fake news and how to hate America.
    Yeah, but their slavery wasn't based upon skin color so it wasn't as bad.
    Tequilla said:

This is pure lunacy ...

You’re whining in another thread about oh why don’t we all take a second to listen to each other and you haven’t spent a single second to hear what they’re saying.

Acknowledging how this country came to be isn’t blaming you and it isn’t saying it’s the only place that it happened. It is historical fact and it’s necessary to ask for that acknowledgment because look at how you reacted.

White fragility isn’t an attempted own the way the right uses “triggered”. It is a description of how white people react when confronted with reality. It is the way you just reacted. “It’s not my fault! Other people did it too!”

All of human history tells us it is incredibly difficult to unify. They’re telling you it’s not possible if you just want to brush aside everything that has happened and pretend racial history can start now like it’s Oregon football. But that’s divisive to you. Just say you’re not racist and problem solved, the centrist way.
  • BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,837 Standard Supporter

I’ve read through the presentation and I’d be curious to hear what exactly you think is crazy.
    For fucks sake you idiot. They are telling people they are racist without even knowing them. It is as racist as what they are attempting to train against.

You are a racist because you saw nothing wrong with a fellow rat painting white people with one brush. You suck and your racism should be condemned.
    edited December 2020

Tequilla said:

This is pure lunacy ...

You’re whining in another thread about oh why don’t we all take a second to listen to each other and you haven’t spent a single second to hear what they’re saying.

Acknowledging how this country came to be isn’t blaming you and it isn’t saying it’s the only place that it happened. It is historical fact and it’s necessary to ask for that acknowledgment because look at how you reacted.

White fragility isn’t an attempted own the way the right uses “triggered”. It is a description of how white people react when confronted with reality. It is the way you just reacted. “It’s not my fault! Other people did it too!”

All of human history tells us it is incredibly difficult to unify. They’re telling you it’s not possible if you just want to brush aside everything that has happened and pretend racial history can start now like it’s Oregon football. But that’s divisive to you. Just say you’re not racist and problem solved, the centrist way.
    Ah yes the "reality" that all white people are racists and if you deny you're a racist that just proves how racist you really are.

Btw, why don't we teach the "reality" that indigenous people practiced slavery, human sacrifice and infanticide? Why isn't that "reality" the primary focus of what gets taught in our schools? Why isn't it taught that native people routinely "stole" the land of other native tribes? Why do we only teach that whitey stole the land from the natives?

Why do we teach that white people living today are guilty for the sins of white people who lived 300 years ago? Do we ever teach that brown people today are guilty for the slavery their ancestors practiced 400 years ago?

Btw, why don't we teach in our schools today the "reality" of black violent crime rates?

Why do we "pretend" that the violent crime rates along with the out of wedlock birth rates in the black community aren't the primary reason why blacks have higher incarceration rates and more negative encounters with law enforcement or would that be "divisive?" Just saying it's all whitey's fault doesn't solve the problem.
    Just to clarify, for the non fascists on the board, the presentation does not tell people they are racist. It has an exercise asking people how they would respond to being called racist.

And if you’re wondering why that’s necessary, look at this thread.
    SFGbob said:

Tequilla said:

This is pure lunacy ...

Why do we "pretend" that the violent crime rates along with the out of wedlock birth rates in the black community aren't the primary reason why blacks have higher incarceration rates and more negative encounters with law enforcement or would that be "divisive?" Just saying it's all whitey's fault doesn't solve the problem.
    Why do they have so many out of wedlock births?

Just to clarify, for the non fascists on the board, the presentation does not tell people they are racist. It has an exercise asking people how they would respond to being called racist.

Are you a liar or moron?

A school district in San Diego held “white privilege” training for teachers in which they were told, “you are racist” and asked to commit to becoming “anti-racist” in the classroom, according to a report.

The training told them the exact opposite of what you're saying. So either you're a fucking moron or a liar which is it?
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    SFGbob said:

Are you a liar or moron?

A school district in San Diego held “white privilege” training for teachers in which they were told, “you are racist” and asked to commit to becoming “anti-racist” in the classroom, according to a report.

The training told them the exact opposite of what you're saying. So either you're a fucking moron or a liar which is it?
    Seems too dumb to be lying based on his posts here the last month so I’m going with fucking moron who is poorly informed and lacks the ability to think for himself.
    SFGbob said:

Are you a liar or moron?

I know what the New York Post article says. I read the presentation.