Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Okay, who else turned it off at halftime?

Comments

• biak1biak1 Member Posts: 4,091
    edited November 2020

Listen hear Fudgie, if you’re gonna bash the Great British Bake-Off you’ll have @Mad_Son and me to contend with.

• EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,919 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2020

Turned it off and halftime. Midway through the 3rd quarter my wife went to take a shower and dream of a life with someone who doesn’t care about meaningless games played by teenagers. Turned the game back on because I hate myself. She finally turned up about 10 seconds after McDuffie sealed the win.
    My romantic overtures later failed because “you can’t expect to act like a fucking asshole all night and then pretend it’s ok”.

Also apparently I’ve had an account here for like 7 years. Don’t even remember the origin of my username but I assume it had something to do with the second time I was kicked off Dawgman. Possibly for proposing mild genocide.

Don’t wait 7 years to poast again. Welcome back.
  • HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,033

I’ll admit it. Couldn’t handle the ups and downs. Followed on the espn tracker while watching “The Grinch” with my kid. Never switched it back on for superstition purposes.

Don’t regret it at all. What a fucking game!

Yep I turned it off at halftime. I listened to the rest of the game on the radio while making dinner.

Just finished watching the Husky Archive Youtube replay -- only watched the 2nd half.

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,488 Standard Supporter

dannarc said:

I switched couches at halftim, made a huge difference. My Doog heart was almost broken. Earlier in the day I was strutting around Costco talking shit to Coug and Duck fans.

I don't know deserves a game ball more between you switching couches and me switching shirts.
    What’s your preferred detergent for nacho cheese stains?
    Bleach
    I’ve only known it as a refreshing beverage. Interesting.
    It’s multifaceted. I use to get out those pesky nacho cheese sauce stains, do shots, drink it neat, pour it on my cereal and scrub my folds with it in the shower.

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,448 Swaye's Wigwam

dannarc said:

I switched couches at halftim, made a huge difference. My Doog heart was almost broken. Earlier in the day I was strutting around Costco talking shit to Coug and Duck fans.

I don't know deserves a game ball more between you switching couches and me switching shirts.
    What’s your preferred detergent for nacho cheese stains?
    Bleach
    I’ve only known it as a refreshing beverage. Interesting.
    It’s multifaceted. I use to get out those pesky nacho cheese sauce stains, do shots, drink it neat, pour it on my cereal and scrub my folds with it in the shower.
    But did it bleach your beardhair at the same tim?
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,423
    Didn't watch the first two games where they won rather easily (let's say 34-17?).

Watched the first half against Utah and decided I jinxed the team and had to stop watching so they could come back in the second half (I think I posted this in the game thread).

Might not watch another game this season so they can go undefeated.
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,969 Standard Supporter
    chuck said:

I wanted to turn it off, but for some reason my GF got interested (first time in 5 years). She went Pollyanna on me and kept assuring me that UW was not out of it...that they'd keep somehow taking the ball back in spite of an inability to stop Utah. Note that she had to ask me what they call it when Utah loses the ball (fumble) or throws it back to UW, and how many points a touchdown is worth.

Then she made me promise to keep the game on and left the room. It was bittersweet having to go tell her she turned out correct.

I’m slowing grooming her so when you two are wed she’ll be ready for me.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,539 Swaye's Wigwam

Didn't watch the first two games where they won rather easily (let's say 34-17?).

Watched the first half against Utah and decided I jinxed the team and had to stop watching so they could come back in the second half (I think I posted this in the game thread).

Might not watch another game this season so they can go undefeated.

TYFYS.