Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Okay, who else turned it off at halftime?

124»

Comments

• I'll admit, I'm an optimistic doog. 21-0 at halftime was rough, though--and probably partly my fault; I had neglected to change into my Huskies t-shirt before the game. I realized it at halftime and changed shirts.

It was the subsequent change of tone among the poasters in the game thread that led me to finally join this bored after years of lurking. Yes, some of you melt down and want the program to burn down in the moment, but there's a kernel of surprising positivity from many of you.

I expect that will dissipate as soon as we lose a game, of course.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,539 Swaye's Wigwam
    dflea said:

I went fishing before the game. Didn't get a bite. On the way out, I got stuck in a fucking mudhole momentarily and watched mud water start seeping in the doors while I went through the progression of 2wd, 4wd, 4wd low, and 4wd low with the rear differential lock. By the time I got moving again, mud was shooting 6 feet high from all four corners and there were now multiple inches of mudhole water in my truck.

Once I got out of the mud bog, I flipped the doors open and watched water flow out - like actual running water from inside. Everything on the floor was soaked. Everything behind the seat was soaked. Everything in the bed was soaked. All electronics dry. I was dry. Fuck it - I'll live and deal with the mud truck tomorrow after I watch a magnificent Husky win tonight.

Then we were down 21-0 and I was thinking I might lose my shit. So my wife took me to Taco Time because she knows I dig a crispy beef burrito with Mexi-Fries and extra hot sauce. When we got back, I broke out the garden hose and shop vac and began cleaning up the truck. After a while, my buddy called and asked if I was watching the game. I said fuck no, I'm not watching that shit any more. He told me to go turn it back on - but I didn't because I was confident they'd lure my in from the garage only to stab me in the fucking heart and leave me with a truck still full of mud.

So I finished with the swamp water clean-up, and then came in and started watching the second half. When Morris hit Otton for the go-ahead score, I was out of my mind but still pretty confident that some shit would go sideways and they'd find a way to let Ute score in 36 seconds. Why? Because I've seen this shit before. You have to go so far back that I was a student at UW last time we came back from 3 td's down.

Then the clock went to zero. I was looking around for a second like maybe I missed something. But there it was . 24-21. We? shut those fuckers down cold in the second half. A halftime adjustment was made. God damn. I wasn't sure whether to shit or go blind.

Talk about ups and downs.

Sooo good. /Softy

Hey, at least you ruined your truck in the pursuit of something fun. I ruined my truck by just not driving it for a couple months, not realizing that the center brake light housing and rear sliders both leaked badly the whole time. I'm one of the least observant people in the world, so I didn't even realize something was wrong with the truck until I got halfway to the dump with a load of crap and it suddenly hit me that things smelled a little musty. I started looking around, and every single surface in the truck was speckled in block mold under a thick layer of white fur. Hell, I was holding a steering wheel that was spotted black, and I hadn't noticed. I was sitting on a stinky living shag carpet. The door sill wire chases were full to the brim with water, so I have no idea how the truck was even still functioning properly.

Besides replacing the center brake light and the whole rear window assembly (because you can't buy just the seals), I wanted to never have to worry about it again, so I ripped all of the carpet and foam out of the interior and coated every metal surface with two layers of bedliner. All upholstery was removed, soaked in a bathtub full of vinegar for a day, run through the washing machine, put back on, and topped with leather covers. And that's how she sits. It's a work truck.

Less than a year later, I just had to replace that rear window yet again after throwing a piece of door trim into the bed a little too hard and putting it right through the new window. FYFMFE.

This has nothing to do with the Huskies' comeback, but csb, I guess.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839
    dflea said:

I went fishing before the game. Didn't get a bite. On the way out, I got stuck in a fucking mudhole momentarily and watched mud water start seeping in the doors while I went through the progression of 2wd, 4wd, 4wd low, and 4wd low with the rear differential lock. By the time I got moving again, mud was shooting 6 feet high from all four corners and there were now multiple inches of mudhole water in my truck.

Once I got out of the mud bog, I flipped the doors open and watched water flow out - like actual running water from inside. Everything on the floor was soaked. Everything behind the seat was soaked. Everything in the bed was soaked. All electronics dry. I was dry. Fuck it - I'll live and deal with the mud truck tomorrow after I watch a magnificent Husky win tonight.

Then we were down 21-0 and I was thinking I might lose my shit. So my wife took me to Taco Time because she knows I dig a crispy beef burrito with Mexi-Fries and extra hot sauce. When we got back, I broke out the garden hose and shop vac and began cleaning up the truck. After a while, my buddy called and asked if I was watching the game. I said fuck no, I'm not watching that shit any more. He told me to go turn it back on - but I didn't because I was confident they'd lure my in from the garage only to stab me in the fucking heart and leave me with a truck still full of mud.

So I finished with the swamp water clean-up, and then came in and started watching the second half. When Morris hit Otton for the go-ahead score, I was out of my mind but still pretty confident that some shit would go sideways and they'd find a way to let Ute score in 36 seconds. Why? Because I've seen this shit before. You have to go so far back that I was a student at UW last time we came back from 3 td's down.

Then the clock went to zero. I was looking around for a second like maybe I missed something. But there it was . 24-21. We? shut those fuckers down cold in the second half. A halftime adjustment was made. God damn. I wasn't sure whether to shit or go blind.

Talk about ups and downs.

This right here. This is a good sign that Jimmy may be a good coach especially in game.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,945 Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

I wanted to turn it off, but for some reason my GF got interested (first time in 5 years). She went Pollyanna on me and kept assuring me that UW was not out of it...that they'd keep somehow taking the ball back in spite of an inability to stop Utah. Note that she had to ask me what they call it when Utah loses the ball (fumble) or throws it back to UW, and how many points a touchdown is worth.

Then she made me promise to keep the game on and left the room. It was bittersweet having to go tell her she turned out correct.

I’m happy that even with the FBA, you’re leading a normal lifestyle and even have a girlfriend.