Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sir Mells, 2022 3* DT, Henderson (Liberty), NV (Considering options)

Comments

• dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,701
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

Tequilla said:

lawsandl said:

Tequilla said:

lawsandl said:

Tequilla said:

I’ll just say the Quooks forte isn’t in player development

Lol. It’s really cute that this narrative is still a thing.
    Is it not accurate?

Can you give me examples of players that got materially better at Oregon?
    Johnny Johnson is night and day better.

You want me to list the rest?
    Who?
    Johnny Johnson had around 750 yards in 2019. The year before he dropped everything. He’s preseason all-pac selection.
    Johnny Johnson averaged 57.7 yards per game as a junior.

He averaged 38.1 yards per game as a senior.

Whoever named him preseason all-pac is a dumbass.
    Those are pretty meaningless stats. Try and dig a little deeper. I am not saying he’s a lock for 1st team all-pac. He’s a good receiver and he wasn’t.
    We agree 38 yards per game is pretty meaningless.
    Last season was a mulligan.
    You turned this thread into a mulligan.

Speaking of mulligans. Went putt putt with the kiddos and TOF. I fucking lost to TOF by one stroke. I honestly wanted to cut myself... more than usual.

Similar to how I feel after reading this aidz. It’s up and down, right?
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Who the fuck cares? He’s awful
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,701
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Posted without comment

This needed to be bumped
    Cringe. $5 that kid blocked him after that.
  • lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

Turns out I was very wrong about Oregon’s development. I apologize to all I have hurt with my ignorance.

Lol, it’s a 5 year study and from the prior staff. I agree that development was bad.
  • dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 560
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I am still reeling from Maldonado, that flip screwed us for years. My husky friends still laugh about that one. So not sure what to think about this.
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    dnc said:

Turns out I was very wrong about Oregon’s development. I apologize to all I have hurt with my ignorance.

I agree with this. Embarrassing.

Oregon was really bad at scouting Top247 recruits from 2011-15 and didn’t develop great for the 12-15 classes.

Someone should show this to Mario Cristobal’s recruits. They’ll be devastated to learn that Mark Helfrich failed to develop Pharaoh Brown, Darren Carrington, Evan Baylis, and Tyree Robinson into NFL Draft picks. Under this formula Pharaoh Brown, a two time first team All Pac-12 selection and current NFL starter, hurts Oregon’s development ranking. Should have developed the ligaments in his leg better. If Darren Carrington had been drafted he would still hurt Oregon’s ranking, but it would help Utah’s under this methodology.

Personally, I though that Bralon Addison and Byron Marshall were damn good players, but Cristobal failed to develop their height and 40 times. I don’t think S.Mells considered that enough. My father won several Beet Bowls and I played D1 K/P Large Earth Conference. DM me and I’ll help you become a Man-Duck.

How different would this look for Top247 players who played for Cristobal as HC? Up to date it would be either 83% or 71% depending on whether you count Taj Griffin and the three games he played in. That number will have to include Tyler Shuck as a negative, even if he gets drafted first overall. Royce Freeman not included since his fatass only gave a motivational speech.

I wonder how Washington’s Top247 recruits over that time span stack up in the draft? Marquis Spiker, Salvon Ahmed, Henry Hulabaloo, Milo Eifler, Ty Jones, Henry Roberts, Jacob Sirmon, Austin Osborne, Austin Joyner, Trey Lowe, Jack Browning, Bening Potato? Certainly those guys have been, or will be, drafted?
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Sources said:

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

Lol, it’s a 5 year study and from the prior staff. I agree that development was bad.
    New year, new attitude. New TUFF Ducks are ready to rumble.
    They did win a Rose Bowl, so...
    edited June 2021

lawsandl said:

Oregon got materially better from 2018 to 2019 under Mario. They regressed last year after what was essentially two draft classes gone and no offseason regiment. Everyone but Husky fans see the writing on the wall that large NFL draft classes will become the norm. We don’t need 82 composites to turn into draft picks to be a developmental program.

To bad ONLY Oregon lost people to the draft, and had their offseason programs messed up from Covid. I heard they would have beat the beavs if they didn't have such an unfair disadvantage.
    It doesn't take a rocket science to figure out the uneven effect of covid and how it would create parity in the league. Guess what? I am not extrapolating too much from UW either. I expect regression back to the mean in 2021. Although the 6th year senior effect will be interesting.
  • Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    This thread is delivering
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    edited June 2021
    dnc said:

Hi there.

Please to be taking this elsewhere.

Elite recruit development shit to do with Sir Mells.

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Oregon got materially better from 2018 to 2019 under Mario. They regressed last year after what was essentially two draft classes gone and no offseason regiment. Everyone but Husky fans see the writing on the wall that large NFL draft classes will become the norm. We don’t need 82 composites to turn into draft picks to be a developmental program.

To bad ONLY Oregon lost people to the draft, and had their offseason programs messed up from Covid. I heard they would have beat the beavs if they didn't have such an unfair disadvantage.
    It doesn't take a rocket science to figure out the uneven effect of covid and how it would create parity in the league. Guess what? I am not extrapolating too much from UW either. I expect regression back to the mean in 2021. Although the 6th year senior effect will be interesting.
    You can't make this stuff up...
    I am an analyst not a word guy. Guilty as charged on the poor grammar.

Also, development is on topic. Mells is clearly a developmental prospect.

It’s fair game.