Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sir Mells, 2022 3* DT, Henderson (Liberty), NV (Considering options)

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,814
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Don’t think it has to do with Kwat. He wasn’t a recruiter. They got offers, committed because of the excitement, and now have tons of other offers.

Fuck these guys. I don’t give a shit about 2024. Never have and it’s why as a fan I’ve always hated recruiting. Obviously it’s bad to lose these guys and just the overall news is mostly shitty.

Win the Pac 12 next year. That’s the only way to remedy this and even still, we’ll be behind the ball for the future after two shitty classes.

This is the most idiotic post in the history of this shithole ...

Comment #1: I don’t care about recruiting and downstream implications ... win now and that solves problems

Comment #2: Even if we win now we’ll be behind the ball in the future because if shitty recruiting

Special kind of fucktarded here
    You're misreading or misrepresenting what he's saying.
    Roadie has never given a shit about recruiting ... this is a very on brand comment for him
    It's possible to understand the importance of recruiting while not personally getting invested in it.
    Sure ... that’s totally fair

Getting massively invested is probably not healthy ... but having enough of a pulse to know whether a coach is doing their job is part of evaluating them

Recruiting is a leading indicator ... dismiss or ignore at your own risk
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,609
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Don’t think it has to do with Kwat. He wasn’t a recruiter. They got offers, committed because of the excitement, and now have tons of other offers.

Fuck these guys. I don’t give a shit about 2024. Never have and it’s why as a fan I’ve always hated recruiting. Obviously it’s bad to lose these guys and just the overall news is mostly shitty.

Win the Pac 12 next year. That’s the only way to remedy this and even still, we’ll be behind the ball for the future after two shitty classes.

Comment #1: I don’t care about recruiting and downstream implications ... win now and that solves problems

Comment #2: Even if we win now we’ll be behind the ball in the future because if shitty recruiting

Roadie has never given a shit about recruiting ... this is a very on brand comment for him
    It's possible to understand the importance of recruiting while not personally getting invested in it.
    Teq never seems to lose his boner for Roadie. Nit saying he wouldn't have responded to anyone else who posted that in Roadies place, but he wouldn't have been so county about it.

Roadie does, however, walk a fine line at times between expressing his own disinterest in rexeuiting and dismissing it as a lesser concern. In this case he kind of walks that line then acknowledges that shit recruiting is an issue. I infer that to be only if you care about 2024. I kind of do.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2021
    Tequilla said:

You had the most idiotic post in this thread about Kwat being a reason they are decommitting. It’s not. They committed because they had no other offers. Now they have them. It’s really that simple but you needed to try to be smart and offer up that this is proof that Kwat is a big loss.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

You had the most idiotic post in this thread about Kwat being a reason they are decommitting. It’s not. They committed because they had no other offers. Now they have them. It’s really that simple but you needed to try to be smart and offer up that this is proof that Kwat is a big loss.
    It’s long known that players commit as much to the school/program as they do the coaches

K is widely respected as a top DC ... he left and we backfilled with Bobby Gregory who most here would prefer to not be associated with the program

K would have effectively been Jones position coach ... K as a position coach was replaced by Malloe who frankly doesn’t have a track record of success coaching this particular position

Mells moved from having Malloe as his position coach to effectively a 1st time coach

Sure ... it’s also very possible that more offers/interest are contributing factors

I personally don’t think we lose kids in recruiting when those kids are bought into the direction of the program ...

I personally don’t question anybody at this point that looks at the direction of this program with a degree of skepticism
  • Options
    chuck said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Teq never seems to lose his boner for Roadie. Nit saying he wouldn't have responded to anyone else who posted that in Roadies place, but he wouldn't have been so county about it.

Roadie does, however, walk a fine line at times between expressing his own disinterest in rexeuiting and dismissing it as a lesser concern. In this case he kind of walks that line then acknowledges that shit recruiting is an issue. I infer that to be only if you care about 2024. I kind of do.
    I’d rip anybody that made those comments

I particularly rip Roadie because 1) he should know better and 2) back in his podding days he’d make similar shitastic takes that just make zero sense whatsoever

So if you want to say that I hold him to a higher standard ... that’s accurate
  • Options

chuck said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Lake is obviously recruiting very poorly. It’s obvious. The only way to remedy it is to win next year. Most of the “leveling up” guys from those Clemson of the West classes are still on the team.

On paper, we are pretty stacked. A great season gets us attention. The final point in my earlier post was that Lake had a lackluster first real class and his current class is not off to a good start. That will very likely cost us down the line.
    Sure ... just win baby

Fast forward in the recruiting cycle and if I’m recruiting against Jimmy I just continue to drill home that Jimmy’s winning with Pete’s players and that since taking over Jimmy hasn’t done dick in recruiting (among other things)

Reality is that Jimmy’s flat out wrote checks that he isn’t cashing ... and there’s no evidence of that changing
  • Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

chuck said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Lake is obviously recruiting very poorly. It’s obvious. The only way to remedy it is to win next year. Most of the “leveling up” guys from those Clemson of the West classes are still on the team.

On paper, we are pretty stacked. A great season gets us attention. The final point in my earlier post was that Lake had a lackluster first real class and his current class is not off to a good start. That will very likely cost us down the line.
    Sure ... just win baby

Fast forward in the recruiting cycle and if I’m recruiting against Jimmy I just continue to drill home that Jimmy’s winning with Pete’s players and that since taking over Jimmy hasn’t done dick in recruiting (among other things)

Reality is that Jimmy’s flat out wrote checks that he isn’t cashing ... and there’s no evidence of that changing
    I don't know that your pitch has any traction with me as a player. I shut you out right after you say, "He's winning". If he didn't recruit well, I think I'm the player that's going to change that. I would think if he can win with them he can win with me.

So far I don't think kids care much about their position coach's individual success, not really. If Malloe was recruiting me and he was still on staff and Lake, a defensive coach, was saying the defense was going to stay the same, I wouldn't much care that Rip was now my point of contact. Shit, half the kids Oregon and USC have signed have position coaches that haven't done shit to produce NFL talent but they don't seem to care.

• Options
    RealRhino said:

Tequilla said:

chuck said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Sure ... just win baby

I don't know that your pitch has any traction with me as a player. I shut you out right after you say, "He's winning". If he didn't recruit well, I think I'm the player that's going to change that. I would think if he can win with them he can win with me.

So far I don't think kids care much about their position coach's individual success, not really. If Malloe was recruiting me and he was still on staff and Lake, a defensive coach, was saying the defense was going to stay the same, I wouldn't much care that Rip was now my point of contact. Shit, half the kids Oregon and USC have signed have position coaches that haven't done shit to produce NFL talent but they don't seem to care.

And I’d say you’re thinking like a logical adult and not like a 16-18 year old teen
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,545
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Don’t stop, guys....

I’m close to finishing....
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    This feels similar to Shipley. No one was excited but all the big recruiters on the West Coast wanted him.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    lawsandl said:

This feels similar to Shipley. No one was excited but all the big recruiters on the West Coast wanted him.

Coaches all think they can develop anyone who wants.to put in work. Kid has the frame to be a good DT in 3 years. Difference will be the intangibles
  • Options
    MotrboatnsobMotrboatnsob Member Posts: 424
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited June 2021

Sounds like we’re still full
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,545
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

lol ok Ecklund

• Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited June 2021
    thechatch said:

lol ok Ecklund

Imagine paying for that. Kim just told someone to tone it down calling him out.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    lawsandl said:

thechatch said:

lol ok Ecklund

Imagine paying for that. Kim just told someone to tone it down calling him out.
    Same shtick. Different year
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    lawsandl said:

Except UW didn't. Not on Shipley. Details in the Wam