Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sir Mells, 2022 3* DT, Henderson (Liberty), NV (Considering options)

Comments

• Options
    rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Fuck that kid and fuck Jones too. Corny ass kids. Should be embarrassed to be on each other's nuts so hard. I bet Smells gets put on wait n see list for SC and quooks then ends up forced to Zona or beavlet.

Also fuck the staff with a claw hammer.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    chuck said:

I sont think this guy is all that good. They wanted him, offered him, accepted his commit, and then lost him. That's all bad news. More of it.

I could use some words of wisdom and patience from one of the old people right now. I'm teetering on the edge of the cliff. I'm starting to feel like this could get Ty/Gilby bad.

This roster is night and day better than what RN left for Gilby or that Ty inherited. Gilby rode that to 6-6 before nearly going winless in year two. It's going to take Lake longer to see the full fruits of this ineptitude. UW might even compete for or win the league this season. I'm feeling more and more sure that rock bottom is coming again though.

Our only hope it seems is the transfer portal. Just become transfer u.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2021
    Don’t think it has to do with Kwat. He wasn’t a recruiter. They got offers, committed because of the excitement, and now have tons of other offers.

Fuck these guys. I don’t give a shit about 2024. Never have and it’s why as a fan I’ve always hated recruiting. Obviously it’s bad to lose these guys and just the overall news is mostly shitty.

Win the Pac 12 next year. That’s the only way to remedy this and even still, we’ll be behind the ball for the future after two shitty classes.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,436
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

chuck said:

I sont think this guy is all that good. They wanted him, offered him, accepted his commit, and then lost him. That's all bad news. More of it.

I could use some words of wisdom and patience from one of the old people right now. I'm teetering on the edge of the cliff. I'm starting to feel like this could get Ty/Gilby bad.

This roster is night and day better than what RN left for Gilby or that Ty inherited. Gilby rode that to 6-6 before nearly going winless in year two. It's going to take Lake longer to see the full fruits of this ineptitude. UW might even compete for or win the league this season. I'm feeling more and more sure that rock bottom is coming again though.

This isn’t exactly playing to our strengths
    TBF, the portal has been a blessing when we're too full and need to become just full enough
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Isn’t this the kid Ruth was super amped about and did an entire series on how he was gonna bring a title to UW? Time well spent roof.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

chuck said:

If they aren’t gunna recruit which they won’t,
    My hope is they take a bunch of high ceiling developmental guys... wait nvm we can’t even hold onto those guys (Jones). Yeah we are fucked
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    ntxduck said:

Isn’t this the kid Ruth was super amped about and did an entire series on how he was gonna bring a title to UW? Time cataclysmically spent roof.

• Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    dawgs206 said:

Don’t think it has to do with Kwat. He wasn’t a recruiter. They got offers, committed because of the excitement, and now have tons of other offers.

Fuck these guys. I don’t give a shit about 2024. Never have and it’s why as a fan I’ve always hated recruiting. Obviously it’s bad to lose these guys and just the overall news is mostly shitty.

Win the Pac 12 next year. That’s the only way to remedy this and even still, we’ll be behind the ball for the future after two shitty classes.

Malloe offered Mells. Jones is an TE/OLB so not sure about him.

Not that either of these kids are can’t miss prospects, but it’s just continuing the downward momentum. The first power 5 offer and they bail immediately. It’s not like it’s Bama calling either.

Get your shit together, Jimmy. We better hold onto Bernard or we’re essentially starting over on the the 22 class.

Yes, what is going on with recruiting? Does this staff have a problem with recruiting?
  • Options

dnc said:

chuck said:

If they aren’t gunna recruit which they won’t,
    My hope is they take a bunch of high ceiling developmental guys... wait nvm we can’t even hold onto those guys (Jones). Yeah we are fucked
    I definitely want us to take transfers and the fact we have is probably the one good thing I can say for the Jimmy era recruiting wise.

Butt we'll never be transfer U. First of all we're too complicated to get into (and not willing to look the other way). Secondly our biggest program strength (at least under Pete and we have to hope and pray it continues to be a strength under Jimmy) is development. Transfers by definition get less time to develop here than a signed PSA.

Again, I'm pro transfer, but it should never be a major piece of the program, just a supplementary one.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,612
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

dawgs206 said:

Malloe offered Mells. Jones is an TE/OLB so not sure about him.

Not that either of these kids are can’t miss prospects, but it’s just continuing the downward momentum. The first power 5 offer and they bail immediately. It’s not like it’s Bama calling either.

Get your shit together, Jimmy. We better hold onto Bernard or we’re essentially starting over on the the 22 class.

Yes, what is going on with recruiting? Does this staff have a problem with recruiting?
    I hope I'm wrong about this but it just feels like the old TW, "I/we are above recruiting" bullshit. We've seen guys who they clearly wanted quoted as saying they aren't staying in touch like other schools. We've seen guys commit but dump them like a bad habit when other options come up. It's alarming, not so much for 2021 or even 2022, but beyond?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

This is the most idiotic post in the history of this shithole ...

Comment #1: I don’t care about recruiting and downstream implications ... win now and that solves problems

Comment #2: Even if we win now we’ll be behind the ball in the future because if shitty recruiting

Special kind of fucktarded here
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Comment #1: I don’t care about recruiting and downstream implications ... win now and that solves problems

Comment #2: Even if we win now we’ll be behind the ball in the future because if shitty recruiting

You're misreading or misrepresenting what he's saying.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Roadie has never given a shit about recruiting ... this is a very on brand comment for him
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Roadie has never given a shit about recruiting ... this is a very on brand comment for him
    It's possible to understand the importance of recruiting while not personally getting invested in it.