Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sir Mells, 2022 3* DT, Henderson (Liberty), NV (Considering options)

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,899
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    chuck said:

chuck said:

Do we see anything positive about these highlights?

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/11604751/5da38d3964ea340d24358d1f

Clearly a developmental prospect. Has size and strength but not a whole lot else. He's kind of a lumbering oaf at this point.

He's not a great athlete, but he's strong and can shed blocks. Not any worse than Tuli, for what that's worth. If he has better length than Tuli and can shed blocks at the next level, he'll be a good pickup.
    I was only 14 for the first part of my sophomore football season. He's probably 15 years old in those highlights and is hauling around about 6 inches (height you fucks) and 150lbs more than most of us were at that age. A kid that age is going to look a bit awkward and slow at that size even if he's getting the best S&C training in the world.

I'm not going to judge his athleticism to seriously until he's at least a junior.
    Yeah, I was actually thinking the same after posting.
    Well, just taking the clips at face value, you were spot on. I had to remind myself how young he was. If those were senior highlights he'd look horrible.
    Yeah, this is a tough one. Objectively, his film is not good . The response is, "yeah, but thats only his sophomore film. We haven't even seen him play as a junior or senior."

Then why take his commitment at this point?
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,612
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

Clearly a developmental prospect. Has size and strength but not a whole lot else. He's kind of a lumbering oaf at this point.

He's not a great athlete, but he's strong and can shed blocks. Not any worse than Tuli, for what that's worth. If he has better length than Tuli and can shed blocks at the next level, he'll be a good pickup.
    I was only 14 for the first part of my sophomore football season. He's probably 15 years old in those highlights and is hauling around about 6 inches (height you fucks) and 150lbs more than most of us were at that age. A kid that age is going to look a bit awkward and slow at that size even if he's getting the best S&C training in the world.

I'm not going to judge his athleticism to seriously until he's at least a junior.
    Yeah, I was actually thinking the same after posting.
    Well, just taking the clips at face value, you were spot on. I had to remind myself how young he was. If those were senior highlights he'd look horrible.
    Yeah, this is a tough one. Objectively, his film is not good . The response is, "yeah, but thats only his sophomore film. We haven't even seen him play as a junior or senior."

Then why take his commitment at this point?
    That's above my pay grade.

I guess they see enough to be comfortable with it. I think that if his development goes to shit and he still looks plodding as a senior they'll find a way to steer him toward other programs that might suit him better. We've seen examples of this though I cant think of any off hand.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,436
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

Tuli is good. The slander will not be tolerated!
    There is rampant underrating of him on this board of late. Taimani too.

The problem interior guy was Bronson.
    The real problem is that any of our DL can be neutralized when a team gameplans around our 2-4-5.

I'd love to see Kwait run a 4-2-5 against teams like Stanford where the DL just block all the lanes and force everything outside to our ends or CBs.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    chuck said:

Taimani was way too heavy this year. 340 is hard to move but it made it really fucking hard for him to move. They need to get him down to 315-320 man, badly.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

The real problem is that any of our DL can be neutralized when a team gameplans around our 2-4-5.

I'd love to see Kwait run a 4-2-5 against teams like Stanford where the DL just block all the lanes and force everything outside to our ends or CBs.
    I actually seen his defense work well against the game plan you're talking about, but it takes the right personnel. They couldn't seem to figure out who that was this season.

They just needed mor tim. Games 5-7 would have been special.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

They are okay. Tuli flashed last year. Tainani doesn’t seem very good to me.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    chuck said:

Taimani is better than Tui.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,857
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2020

Tuli can get a push. Tainani seems to be more of a space eater. I think both can still get better. I would have thought tui and bandes would look better at this point but we have been spoiled the last few years with Senior level Shelton, qualls, Gaines, vita and Levi. I am sure some team some where may have had a better run during that time for Interior linemen but it can’t me that many.

We have decent numbers of kids that a lot of schools wanted at that position so I am confident someone will turn into difference maker.

Clemson had a better run during that time with interior DL.

I wish we could be the Clemson of the west but whoregon seems to have beat us? To it.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tuli can get a push. Tainani seems to be more of a space eater. I think both can still get better. I would have thought tui and bandes would look better at this point but we have been spoiled the last few years with Senior level Shelton, qualls, Gaines, vita and Levi. I am sure some team some where may have had a better run during that time for Interior linemen but it can’t me that many.

We have decent numbers of kids that a lot of schools wanted at that position so I am confident someone will turn into difference maker.

I wish we could be the Clemson of the west but whoregon seems to have beat us? To it.
    They lost to Oregon State and Cal dude.
    And don't have good defensive tackles.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    chuck said:

*defensive linemen
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,857
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

So, we always lose to cal.

Plus they are hanging the pac-12 champ banner. They don’t put asterisks on those or bring up that they backed into it when closing recruits.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

chuck said:

*defensive linemen
    What’s Kayvon play now?
  • Options
    Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    DT is a position I’m fine taking a few risks on, especially for guys with good size and upside.

With the amount we sub guys in and out (I hate this by the way), we need lots of bodies.
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

chuck said:

*defensive linemen
    What’s Kayvon play now?
    He played well against Oregon State and you still gave up 270 yards rushing.