Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sir Mells, 2022 3* DT, Henderson (Liberty), NV (Considering options)

Comments

• Options
    MotrboatnsobMotrboatnsob Member Posts: 424
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2020
    Ballz is going wild
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,974
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Malloe has signed plenty of defensive linemen others want. Getting kids out of Utah while Utah is actually a good program is worthwhile.

He does also seem to strike out every few years. It’s a weird deal. But this last cycle he signed two prospects that would be considered good for the west coast. I am sure other schools didn’t stop recruiting them and they did not seem to ever be in doubt. He has also helped with other front 7 prospects.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Ballz scouting report

UW is not beating anybody without a stud NT like this who can stop the run. This kid is built like a refrigerator. He’s going to be a tank in the middle. Not a sexy pickup. But a good one. Nice to see Ikaika can recruit D-lineman who aren’t Poly.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    He should have a good class this year. Burrell to UW is looking pretty good.
  • Options

More than anything, we need a really strong defensive class this year. Last couple years the offensive class has been way better.
    Our secondary is gonna be razor thin soon without some difference makers.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117

Isn't Burrell a PK recruit?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,896
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

More than anything, we need a really strong defensive class this year. Last couple years the offensive class has been way better.
    We're not there yet, but could be in the next couple years. KamFab, Esteen, and Covington intrigue me and we could see a guy like Cam Williams, Asa, Hampton, or Irvin suddenly "get it" but yeah, we need a major haul at db this year. Gordon should be serviceable as a Molden replacement but may only stick around 1 more year. McDuffie will be gone after next year.
  • Options

We're not there yet, but could be in the next couple years. KamFab, Esteen, and Covington intrigue me and we could see a guy like Cam Williams, Asa, Hampton, or Irvin suddenly "get it" but yeah, we need a major haul at db this year. Gordon should be serviceable as a Molden replacement but may only stick around 1 more year. McDuffie will be gone after next year.
    I expect some of those guys to step up. But we are used to having all American type level players back there. Not all of them were but usually have a couple that are close to that level and people waiting in the Wings. I don’t have confidence in Harris to recruit or develop those guys. Don’t know anything about brown yet. At the end of the day this is lakes specialty and needs to figure it out.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

I expect some of those guys to step up. But we are used to having all American type level players back there. Not all of them were but usually have a couple that are close to that level and people waiting in the Wings. I don’t have confidence in Harris to recruit or develop those guys. Don’t know anything about brown yet. At the end of the day this is lakes specialty and needs to figure it out.
    He not getting it done right now
  • Options
    coach_pete_JPGcoach_pete_JPG Member Posts: 1,203
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Posted without comment

What a creepy fuck
    Sweet jersey incoming!
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422

Do we see anything positive about these highlights?

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/11604751/5da38d3964ea340d24358d1f

Clearly a developmental prospect. Has size and strength but not a whole lot else. He's kind of a lumbering oaf at this point.

He's not a great athlete, but he's strong and can shed blocks. Not any worse than Tuli, for what that's worth. If he has better length than Tuli and can shed blocks at the next level, he'll be a good pickup.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    chuck said:

Clearly a developmental prospect. Has size and strength but not a whole lot else. He's kind of a lumbering oaf at this point.

He's not a great athlete, but he's strong and can shed blocks. Not any worse than Tuli, for what that's worth. If he has better length than Tuli and can shed blocks at the next level, he'll be a good pickup.
    I was only 14 for the first part of my sophomore football season. He's probably 15 years old in those highlights and is hauling around about 6 inches (height you fucks) and 150lbs more than most of us were at that age. A kid that age is going to look a bit awkward and slow at that size even if he's getting the best S&C training in the world.

I'm not going to judge his athleticism to seriously until he's at least a junior.
    Yeah, I was actually thinking the same after posting.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,611
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

I was only 14 for the first part of my sophomore football season. He's probably 15 years old in those highlights and is hauling around about 6 inches (height you fucks) and 150lbs more than most of us were at that age. A kid that age is going to look a bit awkward and slow at that size even if he's getting the best S&C training in the world.

I'm not going to judge his athleticism to seriously until he's at least a junior.
    Yeah, I was actually thinking the same after posting.
    Well, just taking the clips at face value, you were spot on. I had to remind myself how young he was. If those were senior highlights he'd look horrible.