Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sir Mells, 2022 3* DT, Henderson (Liberty), NV (Considering options)

Comments

• animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited June 2021
    Henry Hulabaloo?

I have to say, duck or not, that's quality.
  • lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Appropriate response to development ranking.
  • SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    lawsandl said:

Which part of the development process built on a rose bowl win with losses to OSU and Cal?
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Sources said:

lawsandl said:

Which part of the development process built on a rose bowl win with losses to OSU and Cal?
    Cristobal only won with Helfrich players
    I like to say Helfrich recruited like shit ...

I like to give Mario credit for Herbert being a 1st rounder ...

I like to ignore the fact that Helfrich recruited Herbert ...

That’s what I like to do
    So Is the discussion about recruiting or development? Because helf coached herbs for 3 months (where herbs was awful) and Mario for 2 years, over which he improved massively
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    ntxduck said:

Tequilla said:

Sources said:

lawsandl said:

That’s what I like to do
    So Is the discussion about recruiting or development? Because helf coached herbs for 3 months (where herbs was awful) and Mario for 2 years, over which he improved massively
    You tell me how you want to move the goalposts

As for Herbert, he came a long way as a Senior so I’ll give him credit there

For as good as he was, he felt neutered a bit at Oregon as Mario heavily emphasized the power running game

I’ll be the first to admit that I didn’t see his NFL rookie year coming
    edited June 2021
    Tequilla said:

ntxduck said:

Tequilla said:

Sources said:

lawsandl said:

That’s what I like to do

For as good as he was, he felt neutered a bit at Oregon as Mario heavily emphasized the power running game

Did you watch any of UNLV's offense last year? Tell me who handicapped Herbert. Mario went and got the creative Penn State OC last year and not the "run the damn ball" OC.

Honestly, I believe Cristobal's best attribute is the way he balances the roster and hires staff. I am slightly concerned about depth at corner. I would be happy to see Bobby Williams retire. If he lets his coordinators coach, development will be automatic.
    edited June 2021

Also, this is a frame that will look really good three years into an elite S&C program. He measured 6’5” 327.
    lawsandl said:

Tequilla said:

ntxduck said:

Tequilla said:

Sources said:

lawsandl said:

That’s what I like to do

Did you watch any of UNLV's offense last year? Tell me who handicapped Herbert. Mario went and got the creative Penn State OC last year and not the "run the damn ball" OC.

Honestly, I believe Cristobal's best attribute is the way he balances the roster and hires staff. I am slightly concerned about depth at corner. I would be happy to see Bobby Williams retire. If he lets his coordinators coach, development will be automatic.
    I know Nevada’s offense sucked and obvious relation to Oregon

That said Mario is the HC and you don’t get to use the excuse that it was someone else’s fault when you’re the big boss. You hired them ... you’re responsible for them

As for Moorhead ... I’m not 1000% sure he’s as great as people think he is
    lawsandl said:

Also, this is a frame that will look really good three years into an elite S&C program. He measured 6’5” 327.

Oregon does have a history of big bodies in the middle

I can see why we cooled and probably walked away after he said thanks but no thanks

edited June 2021
    Tequilla said:

lawsandl said:

Tequilla said:

ntxduck said:

Tequilla said:

Sources said:

lawsandl said:

That’s what I like to do

That said Mario is the HC and you don’t get to use the excuse that it was someone else’s fault when you’re the big boss. You hired them ... you’re responsible for them

Of course you don't. Also fuck off with the NYEB. Also, Arroyo was the OC when he was hired and provided enough continuity to win the Rose Bowl.

Moorehead is good and an upgrade. NOC that you're not 1000% certain.
    edited June 2021
    lawsandl said:

Tequilla said:

lawsandl said:

Tequilla said:

ntxduck said:

Tequilla said:

Sources said:

lawsandl said:

That’s what I like to do

Of course you don't. Also fuck off with the NEB. Also, Arroyo was the OC when he was hired and provided enough continuity to win the Rose Bowl.
    Classic Quook logic

Arroyo sucks ...

But he provided continuity to win a Rose Bowl

Can you play both ends more?

My thoughts on Moorhead basically are as follows:

He benefitted significantly from a RB like Barkley ... the offense took a step back the following year

The tenure at Mississippi St was muddled as there were some moments with Nick Fitzgerald but it got real ugly at the end

Hard to put too much stock in any thing from last year but if I was an Oregon fan I’d not be thrilled with how the QB position played out

So in that sense, while I acknowledge a decent resume of good for Moorhead, I also see some areas of concern.

Anything I’m saying about Moorhead at minimum it’s fair to say aunt Donovan so this isn’t me just bashing the Ducks just because

WTF are you talking about with NEB?

• whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    lawsandl said:

Tequilla said:

lawsandl said:

Tequilla said:

ntxduck said:

Tequilla said:

Sources said:

lawsandl said:

That’s what I like to do

Of course you don't. Also fuck off with the NYEB. Also, Arroyo was the OC when he was hired and provided enough continuity to win the Rose Bowl.

Moorehead is good and an upgrade. NOC that you're not 1000% certain.
    I'm 1000% certain he sucks until he doesn't
    edited June 2021
    Tequilla said:

lawsandl said:

Tequilla said:

lawsandl said:

Tequilla said:

ntxduck said:

Tequilla said:

Sources said:

lawsandl said:

That’s what I like to do

Of course you don't. Also fuck off with the NEB. Also, Arroyo was the OC when he was hired and provided enough continuity to win the Rose Bowl.
    Classic Quook logic

Arroyo sucks ...

He benefitted significantly from a RB like Barkley ... the offense took a step back the following year

The tenure at Mississippi St was muddled as there were some moments with Nick Fitzgerald but it got real ugly at the end

Hard to put too much stock in any thing from last year but if I was an Oregon fan I’d not be thrilled with how the QB position played out

So in that sense, while I acknowledge a decent resume of good for Moorhead, I also see some areas of concern.

Anything I’m saying about Moorhead at minimum it’s fair to say aunt Donovan so this isn’t me just bashing the Ducks just because

It's not quook logic to say Arroyo was below average and Mario wasn't punished for that. Mario's priority was S&C and the defensive coordinator. That was his constraint at the time of hiring.

Moorehead gives a positive coaching effect relative to the talent and he's consistently done that. Is he perfect? No. He's an upgrade. There's really not a lot of good coordinators in the PAC as well.
    lawsandl said:

Tequilla said:

lawsandl said:

Tequilla said:

lawsandl said:

Tequilla said:

ntxduck said:

Tequilla said:

Sources said:

lawsandl said:

That’s what I like to do

Classic Quook logic

Arroyo sucks ...

It's not quook logic to say Arroyo was below average and Mario wasn't punished for that. Mario's priority was S&C and the defensive coordinator. That was his constraint at the time of hiring.

Moorehead gives a positive coaching effect relative to the talent and he's consistently done that. Is he perfect? No. He's an upgrade. There's really not a lot of good coordinators in the PAC as well.
    Whatever ... there’s always an excuse for Mario ... it’s fine and I get it the guy walks on water

Agree with you that P12 assistants in general leave a lot to be desired
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    lawsandl said:

You can't teach cankles!