Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sir Mells, 2022 3* DT, Henderson (Liberty), NV (Considering options)

Comments

• DoogerMcFarlandDoogerMcFarland Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 739
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Recruit rankings matter except when they don't
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

lawsandl said:

Also, this is a frame that will look really good three years into an elite S&C program. He measured 6’5” 327.

There's something funny about this photo. I feel like if the roles were reversed and this was a bunch of UW recruits looking completely bored and barely fitting in the jerseys that were provided there would be a ten page thread on educk making fun of the picture.
    Gotta agree. That picture is shabby as fuck. This board would be all over UW media for it and the quooks would rightfully be making fun of it.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,702
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

lawsandl said:

Also, this is a frame that will look really good three years into an elite S&C program. He measured 6’5” 327.

You can't teach cankles!
    Bullshit. Pop out 4 kids and even the nicest of ankles turn ugly.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    lawsandl said:

That’s pre weight loss Gucci mane
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,060
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I like the “flytrap” open mouth.
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,484
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Mario’s ability to recruit and put guys on the draft is pretty far down my list of things that concern me. In-game management and a propensity to meddle in play calling to satisfy his desire to be a “physical” football team are much higher up the list.

If he takes the reins off of Moorhead, Oregon should win 10 games in their sleep this year, regardless of who they send out to take snaps, because Shough was broken well before the Cal game last year.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

thechatch said:

Mario’s ability to recruit and put guys on the draft is pretty far down my list of things that concern me. In-game management and a propensity to meddle in play calling to satisfy his desire to be a “physical” football team are much higher up the list.

If he takes the reins off of Moorhead, Oregon should win 10 games in their sleep this year, regardless of who they send out to take snaps, because Shough was broken well before the Cal game last year.

I know this was ages ago but it feels like only last year that it was a given that the Ducks would easily go undefeated on the Pac and Shough would likely be a Heisman finalist
    Literally no one outside of dj thought Shough would be a heisman finalist
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    ntxduck said:

thechatch said:

I know this was ages ago but it feels like only last year that it was a given that the Ducks would easily go undefeated on the Pac and Shough would likely be a Heisman finalist
    Literally no one outside of dj thought Shough would be a heisman finalist
    You must not have read anything about his heroics in garbage time against USC or his amazing spring game performance.
  • lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    edited June 2021

Am I the only one who thinks Oregon's whole D-Line strategy is put the fattest guys on the line you can, and line up offsides constantly?

Who fits this description on the DL besides Jordon Scott?
    chuck said:

lawsandl said:

There's something funny about this photo. I feel like if the roles were reversed and this was a bunch of UW recruits looking completely bored and barely fitting in the jerseys that were provided there would be a ten page thread on educk making fun of the picture.
    Gotta agree. That picture is shabby as fuck. This board would be all over UW media for it and the quooks would rightfully be making fun of it.
    This wasn't UO media putting this out. This is a snapshot from my phone of an embedded video in a tweet that Mells put up and subsequently removed. FFS.
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

This wasn't UO media putting this out. This is a snapshot from my phone of an embedded video in a tweet that Mells put up and subsequently removed. FFS.

We're on a 14 page thread about a high school recruit. So, touché.

I saw it pulled but it was still cached on my twitter feed. So, I took a screenshot and posted on another site when people asked what was taken down.
    Emoterman said:

lawsandl said:

Gotta love the big-uglies.
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,484
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

thechatch said:

Anyone who said Tyler Shough was going to lead Oregon to an undefeated season and a Heisman doesn’t deserve oxygen.