Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Election

Comments

• RedRocketRedRocket Member Posts: 1,527

RedRocket said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

I’m really getting exhausted about this voter fraud talk not because I think it’s a hoax, or even the bickering over how widespread it is, but because it should be a bipartisan issue.

2016, Dems screamed cheating, now in 2020 the Republicans are screaming the same thing.

Until both parties do something meaningful to improve the process and not just when their candidate loses, I find it hard to sympathize.

Nobody has the moral high ground here. Fix it politicians or STFU.

Dems screamed about foreign influence on the vote. Not remotely the same as this.
    That was certainly part of it, but they also pointed out long lines at the polls/voter suppression, especially in heavily Democratic areas.
    Suppression is also a different claim than saying the votes cast were fraudulent.
    You are correct. But while they’re different they are all symptoms of same disease.

Here’s something I forgot about, which is interesting, *Trump* claimed voter fraud in 2016:

Again, this why I’m getting fed up with this. Republicans had four years to try to fix things. (But then again maybe they tried, CNN and Co. certainly wouldn’t report on it.)
    Trump set up the Voting Integrity commission. It disbanded because it didn't find any wide spread evidence of voter fraud. He had his chance and it went nowhere.
    I didn’t realize Trump had done that. Why was it abandoned?
    Don't buy into the Sarah Huckabee Sanders talking point.

Trump established the Commission because he was unwilling to admit that he lost the popular vote. The Commision's purpose was to try to dig up evidence to support his 3m illegals voted claim.

The Commission requested voting data from the States which it knew it would have trouble legally obtaining in the first place. Some states outright refused. Others provided paired down versions of what the Commission requested.

The Commission disbanded because it was going to have to go to court and it couldn't make a case based on a fishing expedition. Blaming it on the States was the easier route than actually proving wide spread voter fraud.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club
    The states have the data but still

More excuses but the moderates are convinced it will get fixed
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,358

Gee look at the leftists not wanting to look into fraud. Ever.

But I'm sure it will better next time

Judge: Well do you have any evidence of fraud

HHusky said:

RedRocket said:

RedRocket said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

I’m really getting exhausted about this voter fraud talk not because I think it’s a hoax, or even the bickering over how widespread it is, but because it should be a bipartisan issue.

2016, Dems screamed cheating, now in 2020 the Republicans are screaming the same thing.

Until both parties do something meaningful to improve the process and not just when their candidate loses, I find it hard to sympathize.

Dems screamed about foreign influence on the vote. Not remotely the same as this.
    That was certainly part of it, but they also pointed out long lines at the polls/voter suppression, especially in heavily Democratic areas.
    Suppression is also a different claim than saying the votes cast were fraudulent.
    You are correct. But while they’re different they are all symptoms of same disease.

Here’s something I forgot about, which is interesting, *Trump* claimed voter fraud in 2016:

Again, this why I’m getting fed up with this. Republicans had four years to try to fix things. (But then again maybe they tried, CNN and Co. certainly wouldn’t report on it.)
    Trump set up the Voting Integrity commission. It disbanded because it didn't find any wide spread evidence of voter fraud. He had his chance and it went nowhere.
    States refused to cooperate
    True but the lack of state cooperation was as bipartisan as it gets. One thing I'll say about Trump is that he isn't a quitter but in this case his Voting Integrity Commission disbanded the moment there was a wiff of opposition.
    The federal government doesn't run elections

Most people would see a red flag when states refuse to look into fraud

And then claim there isn't any

But Trump
    States look into fraud and both parties have people observing. Other than that, great poast.
    Unless only one side observes.

Like in PA and Michigan.
    Didn’t happen, but I suspect you know that.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,541 Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

RedRocket said:

RedRocket said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

True but the lack of state cooperation was as bipartisan as it gets. One thing I'll say about Trump is that he isn't a quitter but in this case his Voting Integrity Commission disbanded the moment there was a wiff of opposition.

But Trump
    States look into fraud and both parties have people observing. Other than that, great poast.

Like in PA and Michigan.
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

RedRocket said:

RedRocket said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

But Trump

Like in PA and Michigan.
    You're correct. It didn't happen. The proper legal observation of the counting of ballots, that is. But you already know that.

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

RedRocket said:

RedRocket said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

But Trump

Like in PA and Michigan.
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

RedRocket said:

RedRocket said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

But Trump

Like in PA and Michigan.
    You're correct. It didn't happen. The proper legal observation of the counting of ballots, that is. But you already know that.

Link?
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958 Standard Supporter

The states have the data but still

More excuses but the moderates are convinced it will get fixed

I can’t speak for all moderates, but I don’t think it will ever get “fixed”.

Elections, like many other parts of government, is evolving and people are going to try to constantly game the system. It’s like software and computer viruses, you need to be making constant improvement and deploying patches.
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

RedRocket said:

RedRocket said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

But Trump

Like in PA and Michigan.
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

RedRocket said:

RedRocket said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

But Trump

Like in PA and Michigan.

Link?
    Your google broken? Don't be a lazy ass. Show some initiative.

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

RedRocket said:

RedRocket said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

But Trump

Like in PA and Michigan.
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

RedRocket said:

RedRocket said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

But Trump

Like in PA and Michigan.

Link?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/philadelphia-republican-observers-vote-count/2020/11/06/982385ac-2055-11eb-ba21-f2f001f0554b_story.html?outputType=amp
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

RedRocket said:

RedRocket said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

But Trump

Like in PA and Michigan.
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

RedRocket said:

RedRocket said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

But Trump

Like in PA and Michigan.

Link?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/philadelphia-republican-observers-vote-count/2020/11/06/982385ac-2055-11eb-ba21-f2f001f0554b_story.html?outputType=amp
    https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=observers+philadelphia+voting&ru=/videos/search?q=observers+philadelphia+voting&FORM=HDRSC3&view=detail&mid=2C49C696895FFA67FED42C49C696895FFA67FED4&&FORM=VDRVSR

Even @GrandpaSankey prefers video over someone's printed report.

Turn up the volume.

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

RedRocket said:

RedRocket said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

But Trump

Like in PA and Michigan.
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

RedRocket said:

RedRocket said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

But Trump

Like in PA and Michigan.

Link?

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=observers+philadelphia+voting&ru=/videos/search?q=observers+philadelphia+voting&FORM=HDRSC3&view=detail&mid=2C49C696895FFA67FED42C49C696895FFA67FED4&&FORM=VDRVSR

Even @GrandpaSankey prefers video over someone's printed report.

Turn up the volume.

It says it won’t play. But regardless, the issue is whether Republicans had observers, not whether every single person demanding entry was allowed in. This bullshit narrative about being barred from observing has already been debunked by Republicans who observed the counting.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,104 Standard Supporter

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

The rats have taken Shitcago tactics to the whole country. Thanks Barry!
    HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

My .02 cents.

The election is important. What's more important is election cheating and fraud. If we no longer have elections we can trust we are finished. If the ones doing the fraud win they will certainly put more cheats in to hold power while they are in office. That many cheer them on means our country is fucked long term. That many here think that's good tells me we have a massive number of uneducated dumbfucks. Both lead to our country being screwed long term. If our country is done so is the constitution and all protections it provides the citizen from government actions. You will never see anything like it again.

We know for a fact that a program has switched votes for one candidate to the other. Michigan admitted it. The same system and software are in use all over the country and notably every state that is in question. We will NEVER have a fair election again if we do not root this shit out.

If you disagree you can fuck off!

I agree, and people that laughingly say this is GOP paranoia or QAnon stuff don't understand that the deeper issue here for many, myself included, is not that there's a potential that the outcome of the election could change based on uncovering fraud. The election is over and the result is not changing.

Elections fraud - even on a small scale of a thousand votes - undermines the fundamentals of our democracy. We may as well become Venezuela if people are okay with a little bit of fraud because it means their guy won / Trump lost. People need to have confidence in the system or the system collapses.
    Baseless claims of election fraud do the trick as well. How much of this bullshit has to blow up in your faces before you realize that if Daddy’s lawyers had something, they wouldn’t be shy about showing it to a judge?

Put a different way, do you really want to go through life being in the some of the people who get fooled all of the time camp?
    You won't even LIPO to determine if the claims are baseless. You want to silence whistleblowers. If someone states they were a victim of the crime the police investigate the claims.
    People who go to court without evidence of their claims aren't letting it play out. They're making it up.
    I know you're supposedly a lawyer but aren't a large number of affidavits evidence? Of course they are.
    As between us, I’d guess I’m the only one who’s tried to read any of them. Lots of whine; little beef.
    They see and report things. Were you expecting them to say Joe was there directing it?

RedRocket said:

RedRocket said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

But Trump
    Or when they refuse to let republican poll watchers in to watch the count. What reason could there be such a thing? Even when they had a court order. Yeah but they're not up to anything trust 'em!.............................................
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,300
    I hear Willingham banned observers from practice because they were just so perfect

It’s what I was told
    Sledog said:

RedRocket said:

RedRocket said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

But Trump
    Or when they refuse to let republican poll watchers in to watch the count. What reason could there be such a thing? Even when they had a court order. Yeah but they're not up to anything trust 'em!.............................................
    Neither party was allowed an unlimited number of poll watchers. Rooms have a capacity, you know.
    Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

My .02 cents.

The election is important. What's more important is election cheating and fraud. If we no longer have elections we can trust we are finished. If the ones doing the fraud win they will certainly put more cheats in to hold power while they are in office. That many cheer them on means our country is fucked long term. That many here think that's good tells me we have a massive number of uneducated dumbfucks. Both lead to our country being screwed long term. If our country is done so is the constitution and all protections it provides the citizen from government actions. You will never see anything like it again.

We know for a fact that a program has switched votes for one candidate to the other. Michigan admitted it. The same system and software are in use all over the country and notably every state that is in question. We will NEVER have a fair election again if we do not root this shit out.

If you disagree you can fuck off!

I agree, and people that laughingly say this is GOP paranoia or QAnon stuff don't understand that the deeper issue here for many, myself included, is not that there's a potential that the outcome of the election could change based on uncovering fraud. The election is over and the result is not changing.

Elections fraud - even on a small scale of a thousand votes - undermines the fundamentals of our democracy. We may as well become Venezuela if people are okay with a little bit of fraud because it means their guy won / Trump lost. People need to have confidence in the system or the system collapses.
    Baseless claims of election fraud do the trick as well. How much of this bullshit has to blow up in your faces before you realize that if Daddy’s lawyers had something, they wouldn’t be shy about showing it to a judge?

Put a different way, do you really want to go through life being in the some of the people who get fooled all of the time camp?
    You won't even LIPO to determine if the claims are baseless. You want to silence whistleblowers. If someone states they were a victim of the crime the police investigate the claims.
    People who go to court without evidence of their claims aren't letting it play out. They're making it up.
    I know you're supposedly a lawyer but aren't a large number of affidavits evidence? Of course they are.
    As between us, I’d guess I’m the only one who’s tried to read any of them. Lots of whine; little beef.
    They see and report things. Were you expecting them to say Joe was there directing it?
    Well, if the objective in all that voluminous dreck was to hide some compelling nugget of testimony from the judge, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,300
    I wish I could a fly on the wall at HH tofurkey TG dinner
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    HHusky said:

Sledog said:

RedRocket said:

RedRocket said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

But Trump
    Neither party was allowed an unlimited number of poll watchers. Rooms have a capacity, you know.
    He didn’t claim that at all but you’re a pathological liar so I guess it’s OK.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972

I wish I could a fly on the wall at HH tofurkey TG dinner

He’s claimed in the past that they discuss abortion over Thanksgiving dinner. Quite the winner. Probably lied about it but it does say a lot about him either way.