Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Election

SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,104 Standard Supporter
My .02 cents.

The election is important. What's more important is election cheating and fraud. If we no longer have elections we can trust we are finished. If the ones doing the fraud win they will certainly put more cheats in to hold power while they are in office. That many cheer them on means our country is fucked long term. That many here think that's good tells me we have a massive number of uneducated dumbfucks. Both lead to our country being screwed long term. If our country is done so is the constitution and all protections it provides the citizen from government actions. You will never see anything like it again.

We know for a fact that a program has switched votes for one candidate to the other. Michigan admitted it. The same system and software are in use all over the country and notably every state that is in question. We will NEVER have a fair election again if we do not root this shit out.

If you disagree you can fuck off!

Comments

• HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,358
    I guess multiple GOP Secretaries of State can fuck off then.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club
    HHusky said:

So the GOP is pure now

HHusky said:

So the GOP is pure now
    Lovely shade of paranoia you’re wearing!
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Sledog said:

My .02 cents.

The election is important. What's more important is election cheating and fraud. If we no longer have elections we can trust we are finished. If the ones doing the fraud win they will certainly put more cheats in to hold power while they are in office. That many cheer them on means our country is fucked long term. That many here think that's good tells me we have a massive number of uneducated dumbfucks. Both lead to our country being screwed long term. If our country is done so is the constitution and all protections it provides the citizen from government actions. You will never see anything like it again.

We know for a fact that a program has switched votes for one candidate to the other. Michigan admitted it. The same system and software are in use all over the country and notably every state that is in question. We will NEVER have a fair election again if we do not root this shit out.

I don’t disagree
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

So the GOP is pure now
    Was the question too tough for you?
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,104 Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

So the GOP is pure now
    People do things for money. They also do things because blackmail. Do you think Epstein taking powerful people to his island was just fun friendly activity? It's not your bathhouse kind of action. A whore such as yourself should be able to figure this out.
    Yes, it appears Epstein Island was a set up and blackmail operation designed to entangle powerful people.

Seems to have worked too. So?
    AZ McCain Supporter trashes Trump in Public

News at 11
    https://propublica.org/article/the-market-for-voting-machines-is-broken-this-company-has-thrived-in-it

In Georgia, where the race for governor had drawn national interest amid concerns about election integrity, ES&S-owned technology was in use when more than 150,000 voters inexplicably did not cast a vote for lieutenant governor. In part because the aged ES&S-managed machines did not produce paper backups, it wasn’t clear whether mechanical or human errors were to blame. Litigation surrounding the vote endures to this day.

That was the election where the Super Model was robbed in Georgia just last year before fraud went away

https://politico.com/magazine/story/2016/08/2016-elections-russia-hack-how-to-hack-an-election-in-seven-minutes-214144

With a few cursory clicks of a mouse, Appel parted with $82 and became the owner of an ungainly metallic giant called the Sequoia AVC Advantage, one of the oldest and vulnerable, electronic voting machines in the United States (among other places it’s deployed in Louisiana, New Jersey, Virginia and Pennsylvania). No sooner did a team of bewildered deliverymen roll the 250-pound device into a conference room near Appel’s cramped, third-floor office than the professor set to work. He summoned a graduate student named Alex Halderman, who could pick the machine’s lock in seven seconds. Clutching a screwdriver, he deftly wedged out the four ROM chips—they weren’t soldered into the circuit board, as sense might dictate—making it simple to replace them with one of his own: A version of modified firmware that could throw off the machine’s results, subtly altering the tally of votes, never to betray a hint to the voter. The attack was concluded in minutes. To mark the achievement, his student snapped a photo of Appel—oblong features, messy black locks and a salt-and-pepper beard—grinning for the camera, fists still on the circuit board, as if to look directly into the eyes of the American taxpayer: Don’t look at me—you’re the one who paid for this thing.

https://columbusfreepress.com/article/diebold-indicted-its-spectre-still-haunts-ohio-elections

Diebold: the controversial manufacturer of voting and ATM machines, whose name conjures up the demons of Ohio’s 2004 presidential election irregularities, is now finally under indictment for a “worldwide pattern of criminal conduct.” Federal prosecutors filed charges against Diebold, Inc. on Tuesday, October 22, 2013 alleging that the North Canton, Ohio-based security and manufacturing company bribed government officials and falsified documents to obtain business in China, Indonesia and Russia. Diebold has agreed to pay $50 million to settle the two criminal counts against it. This is not the first time Diebold’s been accused of bribery. In 2005, the Free Press exposed that Matt Damschroder, Republican chair of the Franklin County of Elections in 2004, reported that a key Diebold operative told Damschroder he made a $50,000 contribution to then-Ohio Secretary of State J. Kenneth Blackwell's “political interests” while Blackwell was evaluating Diebold's bids for state purchasing contracts. Damschroder admitted to personally accepting a $10,000 check from former Diebold contractor Pasquale “Patsy” Gallina made out to the Franklin County Republican Party. That contribution was made while Damschroder was involved in evaluating Diebold bids for county contracts. Damschroder was suspended for a month without pay for the incident. Despite the scandal, he was later appointed as Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted's Director of Elections.
    The ghosts of 2004 election irregularities

Diebold was at the center of Ohio’s 2004 election debacle, much of this captured in an article by Free Press Senior Editor Harvey Wasserman and this author, entitled, “Diebold’s Political Machine.” Walden "Wally" O'Dell, chairman of the board and chief executive of Diebold, was a long-time funder of Republican candidates. In September 2003, he held a packed $1,000-per-head GOP fundraiser at his 10,800-square-foot mansion Cotswold Manor in Upper Arlington, Ohio. He was feted as a guest at then-President George W. Bush's Texas ranch, joining a cadre of “Pioneers and Rangers” who pledged to raise more than $100,000 for the Bush reelection campaign. Most memorably, in 2003 O'Dell penned a letter pledging his commitment “to helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes to the President.” O'Dell defended his actions, telling the Cleveland Plain Dealer “I'm not doing anything wrong or complicated.” But he also promised to lower his political profile and “try to be more sensitive.” But the Diebold boss' partisan cards were squarely on the table. Prior to the 2004 election, Blackwell tried to award a $100 million unbid contract to Diebold for electronic voting machines. A storm of public outrage and a series of lawsuits forced him to cancel the deal. But a substantial percentage of Ohio's 2004 votes were counted by Diebold software and Diebold Opti-scan machines which frequently malfunctioned in the Democratic stronghold of Toledo. It was revealed in 2006 that Blackwell owned Diebold stock. Diebold's GEMS election software was used in about half of Ohio counties in the 2004 election. Because of Blackwell's effort, 41 counties also used Diebold machines in Ohio's highly dubious 2005 election. Also in the Ohio 2004 election, a whistleblower leaked documents revealing that Diebold had allegedly used illegal, uncertified hardware and software during California election.

Sledog said:

My .02 cents.

I agree, and people that laughingly say this is GOP paranoia or QAnon stuff don't understand that the deeper issue here for many, myself included, is not that there's a potential that the outcome of the election could change based on uncovering fraud. The election is over and the result is not changing.

Elections fraud - even on a small scale of a thousand votes - undermines the fundamentals of our democracy. We may as well become Venezuela if people are okay with a little bit of fraud because it means their guy won / Trump lost. People need to have confidence in the system or the system collapses.
    Baseless claims of election fraud do the trick as well. How much of this bullshit has to blow up in your faces before you realize that if Daddy’s lawyers had something, they wouldn’t be shy about showing it to a judge?

Put a different way, do you really want to go through life being in the some of the people who get fooled all of the time camp?
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,104 Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

Sledog said:

My .02 cents.

I agree, and people that laughingly say this is GOP paranoia or QAnon stuff don't understand that the deeper issue here for many, myself included, is not that there's a potential that the outcome of the election could change based on uncovering fraud. The election is over and the result is not changing.

Elections fraud - even on a small scale of a thousand votes - undermines the fundamentals of our democracy. We may as well become Venezuela if people are okay with a little bit of fraud because it means their guy won / Trump lost. People need to have confidence in the system or the system collapses.
    Baseless claims of election fraud do the trick as well. How much of this bullshit has to blow up in your faces before you realize that if Daddy’s lawyers had something, they wouldn’t be shy about showing it to a judge?

Put a different way, do you really want to go through life being in the some of the people who get fooled all of the time camp?
    Like Russia, Russia, Russia?
    HHusky said:

Sledog said:

My .02 cents.

https://propublica.org/article/the-market-for-voting-machines-is-broken-this-company-has-thrived-in-it

In Georgia, where the race for governor had drawn national interest amid concerns about election integrity, ES&S-owned technology was in use when more than 150,000 voters inexplicably did not cast a vote for lieutenant governor. In part because the aged ES&S-managed machines did not produce paper backups, it wasn’t clear whether mechanical or human errors were to blame. Litigation surrounding the vote endures to this day.

That was the election where the Super Model was robbed in Georgia just last year before fraud went away

https://politico.com/magazine/story/2016/08/2016-elections-russia-hack-how-to-hack-an-election-in-seven-minutes-214144

With a few cursory clicks of a mouse, Appel parted with $82 and became the owner of an ungainly metallic giant called the Sequoia AVC Advantage, one of the oldest and vulnerable, electronic voting machines in the United States (among other places it’s deployed in Louisiana, New Jersey, Virginia and Pennsylvania). No sooner did a team of bewildered deliverymen roll the 250-pound device into a conference room near Appel’s cramped, third-floor office than the professor set to work. He summoned a graduate student named Alex Halderman, who could pick the machine’s lock in seven seconds. Clutching a screwdriver, he deftly wedged out the four ROM chips—they weren’t soldered into the circuit board, as sense might dictate—making it simple to replace them with one of his own: A version of modified firmware that could throw off the machine’s results, subtly altering the tally of votes, never to betray a hint to the voter. The attack was concluded in minutes. To mark the achievement, his student snapped a photo of Appel—oblong features, messy black locks and a salt-and-pepper beard—grinning for the camera, fists still on the circuit board, as if to look directly into the eyes of the American taxpayer: Don’t look at me—you’re the one who paid for this thing.

https://columbusfreepress.com/article/diebold-indicted-its-spectre-still-haunts-ohio-elections

Diebold: the controversial manufacturer of voting and ATM machines, whose name conjures up the demons of Ohio’s 2004 presidential election irregularities, is now finally under indictment for a “worldwide pattern of criminal conduct.” Federal prosecutors filed charges against Diebold, Inc. on Tuesday, October 22, 2013 alleging that the North Canton, Ohio-based security and manufacturing company bribed government officials and falsified documents to obtain business in China, Indonesia and Russia. Diebold has agreed to pay $50 million to settle the two criminal counts against it. This is not the first time Diebold’s been accused of bribery. In 2005, the Free Press exposed that Matt Damschroder, Republican chair of the Franklin County of Elections in 2004, reported that a key Diebold operative told Damschroder he made a $50,000 contribution to then-Ohio Secretary of State J. Kenneth Blackwell's “political interests” while Blackwell was evaluating Diebold's bids for state purchasing contracts. Damschroder admitted to personally accepting a $10,000 check from former Diebold contractor Pasquale “Patsy” Gallina made out to the Franklin County Republican Party. That contribution was made while Damschroder was involved in evaluating Diebold bids for county contracts. Damschroder was suspended for a month without pay for the incident. Despite the scandal, he was later appointed as Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted's Director of Elections.

Diebold was at the center of Ohio’s 2004 election debacle, much of this captured in an article by Free Press Senior Editor Harvey Wasserman and this author, entitled, “Diebold’s Political Machine.” Walden "Wally" O'Dell, chairman of the board and chief executive of Diebold, was a long-time funder of Republican candidates. In September 2003, he held a packed $1,000-per-head GOP fundraiser at his 10,800-square-foot mansion Cotswold Manor in Upper Arlington, Ohio. He was feted as a guest at then-President George W. Bush's Texas ranch, joining a cadre of “Pioneers and Rangers” who pledged to raise more than $100,000 for the Bush reelection campaign. Most memorably, in 2003 O'Dell penned a letter pledging his commitment “to helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes to the President.” O'Dell defended his actions, telling the Cleveland Plain Dealer “I'm not doing anything wrong or complicated.” But he also promised to lower his political profile and “try to be more sensitive.” But the Diebold boss' partisan cards were squarely on the table. Prior to the 2004 election, Blackwell tried to award a $100 million unbid contract to Diebold for electronic voting machines. A storm of public outrage and a series of lawsuits forced him to cancel the deal. But a substantial percentage of Ohio's 2004 votes were counted by Diebold software and Diebold Opti-scan machines which frequently malfunctioned in the Democratic stronghold of Toledo. It was revealed in 2006 that Blackwell owned Diebold stock. Diebold's GEMS election software was used in about half of Ohio counties in the 2004 election. Because of Blackwell's effort, 41 counties also used Diebold machines in Ohio's highly dubious 2005 election. Also in the Ohio 2004 election, a whistleblower leaked documents revealing that Diebold had allegedly used illegal, uncertified hardware and software during California election.

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

My .02 cents.

You mean the scandal that was defended largely on the basis of Daddy’s team being too incompetent to conspire effectively?
    HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

My .02 cents.

You mean the scandal that was defended largely on the basis of Daddy’s team being too incompetent to conspire effectively?
    You should probably sit this one out champ since the subject is tin foil hat conspiracies with no proof

But we? can spend three years on Joe and Hunter with a special prosecutor and find out what's there and if they were competent in conspiring to loot the treasury

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

My .02 cents.

I don’t know much about it. But apparently it survived a motion to dismiss for lack of evidence. Any of Daddy’s lawsuits survive?
    And the proud ignorance defense
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

So the GOP is pure now
    Trump and Putin colluded to steal the 2016 election level of paranoia!