Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Election

12346»

Comments

• HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,963
    HHusky said:

Sledog said:

RedRocket said:

RedRocket said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

I’m really getting exhausted about this voter fraud talk not because I think it’s a hoax, or even the bickering over how widespread it is, but because it should be a bipartisan issue.

2016, Dems screamed cheating, now in 2020 the Republicans are screaming the same thing.

Until both parties do something meaningful to improve the process and not just when their candidate loses, I find it hard to sympathize.

Nobody has the moral high ground here. Fix it politicians or STFU.

Dems screamed about foreign influence on the vote. Not remotely the same as this.
    That was certainly part of it, but they also pointed out long lines at the polls/voter suppression, especially in heavily Democratic areas.
    Suppression is also a different claim than saying the votes cast were fraudulent.
    You are correct. But while they’re different they are all symptoms of same disease.

Here’s something I forgot about, which is interesting, *Trump* claimed voter fraud in 2016:

Again, this why I’m getting fed up with this. Republicans had four years to try to fix things. (But then again maybe they tried, CNN and Co. certainly wouldn’t report on it.)
    Trump set up the Voting Integrity commission. It disbanded because it didn't find any wide spread evidence of voter fraud. He had his chance and it went nowhere.
    States refused to cooperate
    True but the lack of state cooperation was as bipartisan as it gets. One thing I'll say about Trump is that he isn't a quitter but in this case his Voting Integrity Commission disbanded the moment there was a wiff of opposition.
    The federal government doesn't run elections

Most people would see a red flag when states refuse to look into fraud

And then claim there isn't any

But Trump
    Or when they refuse to let republican poll watchers in to watch the count. What reason could there be such a thing? Even when they had a court order. Yeah but they're not up to anything trust 'em!.............................................
    Neither party was allowed an unlimited number of poll watchers. Rooms have a capacity, you know.
    It’s frightening somebody would blatantly lie as easily as this...