Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The Atlantic: Trump Secretly Mocks His Christian Supporters, Too!

Comments

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,397 Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Evangelicals enthusiastically hitching to Trump is underrated political hypocrisy.

Not sure how underrated it is but it's still quite the head scratcher.
    Is it? Irregardless of his personal integrity or religious zeal Trump policy and judge nominations are more or less in alignment with the values they hold.

And then you look where the opposition stands...

What do they say about Biden and his racism? It's easy to tell the difference between an awkward ally and a real enemy?
    As I said above.

I don't have a problem with the religious right voting for Trump or appreciating what Trump has done policy wise for the reasons you outline. The full fledged embrace of and defense of who he is is what is highly disappointing.

I didn't vote for him in 2016 but I'm close to voting for him in 2020. I completely understand not voting for Hillary or Biden, things I haven't done and won't do myself.

It's not about the vote and it's not just about the campaign, it's about the Trump worship for the last 5 years.
    I think people mostly know Trump is at his best an "imperfect vessel". Whether his obviously imperfect religiosity is sincere or a farce is unknowable to us. I know lots of worse people that go to Church on Sundays for appearances.

As to the minority of people who defend his character with fervor, *shrug, I mostly see it as defensive and reactionary to what the rest of the culture does to him. He’s obviously literally Hitler after all.

Also, there's that non-judgement piece that I think most modern evangelicals have had to adopt to be able to deal with operating in modern society.

Tldr YOU are the religious right so you tell me. I don't want to get bullied after all.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

dnc said:

Evangelicals enthusiastically hitching to Trump is underrated political hypocrisy.

Is it? Irregardless of his personal integrity or religious zeal Trump policy and judge nominations are more or less in alignment with the values they hold.

What do they say about Biden and his racism? It's easy to tell the difference between an awkward ally and a real enemy?
    As I said above.

I don't have a problem with the religious right voting for Trump or appreciating what Trump has done policy wise for the reasons you outline. The full fledged embrace of and defense of who he is is what is highly disappointing.

I didn't vote for him in 2016 but I'm close to voting for him in 2020. I completely understand not voting for Hillary or Biden, things I haven't done and won't do myself.

It's not about the vote and it's not just about the campaign, it's about the Trump worship for the last 5 years.
    I think people mostly know Trump is at his best an "imperfect vessel". Whether his obviously imperfect religiosity is sincere or a farce is unknowable to us. I know lots of worse people that go to Church on Sundays for appearances.

As to the minority of people who defend his character with fervor, *shrug, I mostly see it as defensive and reactionary to what the rest of the culture does to him. He’s obviously literally Hitler after all.

Also, there's that non-judgement piece that I think most modern evangelicals have had to adopt to be able to deal with operating in modern society.

Tldr YOU are the religious right so you tell me. I don't want to get bullied after all.
    I think you guys deal with a different brand of Trump fan than I do in this part of the cuntry.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,492 Founders Club
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

As I said above.

I think you guys deal with a different brand of Trump fan than I do in this part of the cuntry.
    I deal with builders and contractors. We are seriously flawed people just like the leader we "worship"
    I'd also add that out here on the Left coast it is the RELIGIOUS LEFT and that colors Bob's and others experiences and commentary. We very literally live with the consequences of their worship of the state everywhere and everyday. I could list the innumerable examples but does anyone in the tug that matters disagree? If the fed resembled California you and a lot of others would be up in arms no doubt.

We basically have no religious right out here to speak of. Kansas? Lol, ok.

You, @dnc, probably have a different experience and view from living more in the heart of religious right land.
    AND

Our world is by definition black and white. There are no gray areas. Either that thing is built to code and will not collapse or it isn't. If there is a problem there is a solution. There is no other option. I've been the get it done guy for decades using every motivational trick in the book to get people to do what they need to do.

I became Chuck Knox to the point that when the guys would call they wouldn't say we have a problem they said we have an opportunity for a solution

Trump speaks my language in business.

AND

Our world is by definition black and white.

Go ahead and lynch the black cockus, racist Bannon.
    My wife went semi cray this morning at the news that Newsom is more popular than ever for his award winning response to Covid and his destruction of the economy

"There is no way he is still popular!!!!!"

Yes, yes there is

My wife went semi cray this morning at the news that Newsom is more popular than ever for his award winning response to Covid and his destruction of the economy

"There is no way he is still popular!!!!!"

Yes, yes there is

He's DOING SOMETHING!

fml I'd abandon ship on this state but it won't be long before the retards here do the same thing to the rest of the western united states or maybe even the union.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,545 Founders Club
    dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

Yeah this one's almost 100% true.

Most GOP feel the same way about the evangelical right.

Most liberals feel most GOP feel that way because that's the way they feel about the evangelical right. As a non-religious Conservative I don't have any problem with the evangelical right.

Unlike you liberals and religious bigots I don't have an irrational fear about the Christian Right. I don't agree with them on every issue but unlike the Religious Left, the Religious Right isn't trying to force their religious beliefs onto me.
    Not a liberal nor a religious bigot.

Try again.
    If you "feel" that most members of the GOP mock the Christian right you're full of crap. Fear of the Religious Right is completely irrational given their ability to impact in anyway how you live your life. Now apply that same standard to the religious left.
    Hi there.

I'm not the least bit afraid of the Religious Right. I AM the Religious Right.

hth.
    DNC's bullying tactics making more sense.
    Doogles said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

Most liberals feel most GOP feel that way because that's the way they feel about the evangelical right. As a non-religious Conservative I don't have any problem with the evangelical right.

Unlike you liberals and religious bigots I don't have an irrational fear about the Christian Right. I don't agree with them on every issue but unlike the Religious Left, the Religious Right isn't trying to force their religious beliefs onto me.

Try again.
    If you "feel" that most members of the GOP mock the Christian right you're full of crap. Fear of the Religious Right is completely irrational given their ability to impact in anyway how you live your life. Now apply that same standard to the religious left.
    Hi there.

hth.
    Well I had to make a strategic pivot when I found out HH is no place for sermon seekers.
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,358

Doogles said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

Try again.
    Hi there.

hth.
    He had @HHusky leg-humping him earlier today, but to @dnc’s credit, he expanded on his thoughts and I agree with some of them as I learned more. It’s nice when someone can further explain their thoughts instead of flailing away and grunting out “gals” and “ladies” as an answer when you’re questioned.
    Imagine understanding what dnc was saying without such difficulty. Well, I guess you have to imagine.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    He’s on the brink another epic meltdown...
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,358

He’s on the brink another epic meltdown...

meltdown
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,944
    HHusky said:

Doogles said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

Try again.
    Hi there.

hth.
    He had @HHusky leg-humping him earlier today, but to @dnc’s credit, he expanded on his thoughts and I agree with some of them as I learned more. It’s nice when someone can further explain their thoughts instead of flailing away and grunting out “gals” and “ladies” as an answer when you’re questioned.
    Imagine understanding what dnc was saying without such difficulty. Well, I guess you have to imagine.
    Imagine lying and claiming he didn't say what he clearly did say. To his credit he did clarify. I realize that kind of behavior is totally foreign to you.

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

As I said above.

That’s fair. This board for me is an outlet from The News and also the overwhelming anti-Trump social media platforms. Very few people in my business life know that I will be voting for Trump. I only talk politics in real life with a few close friends from college and my brother. Being an outward Trump voter at this point midway in my professional career would be detrimental to my future options working in Portland.
    Hardcore Husky is a safe space.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

As I said above.

That’s fair. This board for me is an outlet from The News and also the overwhelming anti-Trump social media platforms. Very few people in my business life know that I will be voting for Trump. I only talk politics in real life with a few close friends from college and my brother. Being an outward Trump voter at this point midway in my professional career would be detrimental to my future options working in Portland.
    Hardcore Husky is a safe space.
    Gurgle*
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,118 Standard Supporter
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Doogles said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

Try again.
    Hi there.

hth.
    Imagine lying and claiming he didn't say what he clearly did say. To his credit he did clarify. I realize that kind of behavior is totally foreign to you.
    That would require a coherent response out of HH.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,878 Standard Supporter
    edited September 2020
    dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

Try again.
    Hi there.

hth.
    What do you base your claim on that most members of the GOP mock them?
    The fact that the GOP generally pays lip service to the religious right then does jack shit for them when actually in office (such as never defunding Planned Parenthood).

Again I'm not talking card carrying GOP. I'm talking politicians in political office. The religious right are used by the GOP far more than actually valued and appreciated.

It's not unlike how the left treats African Americans.
    Still True. But less true with each passing election. For the Cons, anyway.

Cause they can easily grow their numbers by reaching out to the Black and Hispanic Religious Right. Like they're doing right now.