Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The Atlantic: Trump Secretly Mocks His Christian Supporters, Too!

Comments

• HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,358
    SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

Yeah this one's almost 100% true.

Most GOP feel the same way about the evangelical right.

Most liberals feel most GOP feel that way because that's the way they feel about the evangelical right. As a non-religious Conservative I don't have any problem with the evangelical right.

Unlike you liberals and religious bigots I don't have an irrational fear about the Christian Right. I don't agree with them on every issue but unlike the Religious Left, the Religious Right isn't trying to force their religious beliefs onto me.
    Not a liberal nor a religious bigot.

Try again.
    If you "feel" that most members of the GOP mock the Christian right you're full of crap. Fear of the Religious Right is completely irrational given their ability to impact in anyway how you live your life. Now apply that same standard to the religious left.
    Notice the wordsmithing of DNC's original statement.

blob hasn't changed in 20 years.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited September 2020
    Houhusky said:

Evangelicals enthusiastically hitching to Trump is underrated political hypocrisy.

Is it?

Ive been told he is going to give them a supreme court justice that may overturn Roe v Wade, has limited Obamacare's reach into religious organizations, and stopped the IRS from targeting their non profit organizations.

Trump is objectively sucky at being a Christian, but as far as getting results he has got them the best results for them since Reagan.
    I don't have a problem with the religious right voting for Trump or appreciating what Trump has done policy wise for the reasons you outline. The full fledged embrace of and defense of who he is is what is highly disappointing.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,944
    dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

Most liberals feel most GOP feel that way because that's the way they feel about the evangelical right. As a non-religious Conservative I don't have any problem with the evangelical right.

Unlike you liberals and religious bigots I don't have an irrational fear about the Christian Right. I don't agree with them on every issue but unlike the Religious Left, the Religious Right isn't trying to force their religious beliefs onto me.

Try again.
    If you "feel" that most members of the GOP mock the Christian right you're full of crap. Fear of the Religious Right is completely irrational given their ability to impact in anyway how you live your life. Now apply that same standard to the religious left.
    Hi there.

I'm not the least bit afraid of the Religious Right. I AM the Religious Right.

hth.
    What do you base your claim on that most members of the GOP mock them?
    SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

Try again.
    Hi there.

hth.
    He didn't say that. blob's game in a nutshell.
    SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

Try again.
    Hi there.

hth.
    The fact that the GOP generally pays lip service to the religious right then does jack shit for them when actually in office (such as never defunding Planned Parenthood).

Again I'm not talking card carrying GOP. I'm talking politicians in political office. The religious right are used by the GOP far more than actually valued and appreciated.

It's not unlike how the left treats African Americans.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,118 Standard Supporter
    Who reads the Atlantic?
    Sledog said:

Who reads the Atlantic?

People who aren't scared of information.

Stay safe in your bunker.
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

Try again.

Fuck off Dazzler

That's his original statement.

Spread them wide DNC the Dazzler is going in for a full on ass tonguing on your behalf.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,118 Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

Sledog said:

Who reads the Atlantic?

People who aren't scared of information.

Stay safe in your bunker.
    You're the one afraid of the hoax.
    edited September 2020
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

Try again.

Fuck off Dazzler

That's his original statement.

Spread them wide DNC the Dazzler is going in for a full on ass tonguing on your behalf.
    So when he said most GOP feel the same way, and you converted that to most GOP mock them, you were lying . . . as usual.

And, of course, you believe the story in the Atlantic, just as we all do.
    dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

Try again.
    Hi there.

hth.
    The fact that the GOP generally pays lip service to the religious right then does jack shit for them when actually in office (such as never defunding Planned Parenthood).

Again I'm not talking card carrying GOP. I'm talking politicians in political office. The religious right are used by the GOP far more than actually valued and appreciated.

It's not unlike how the left treats African Americans.
    The article is about how Trump "mocks" the religious right. Trump has done far more for the religious right than any President in my life time. Most members of the GOP don't mock the RR.

Unlike past Presidents Trump has delivered for the RR.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    dnc said:

Houhusky said:

Evangelicals enthusiastically hitching to Trump is underrated political hypocrisy.

Is it?

Ive been told he is going to give them a supreme court justice that may overturn Roe v Wade, has limited Obamacare's reach into religious organizations, and stopped the IRS from targeting their non profit organizations.

Trump is objectively sucky at being a Christian, but as far as getting results he has got them the best results for them since Reagan.
    I don't have a problem with the religious right voting for Trump or appreciating what Trump has done policy wise for the reasons you outline. The full fledged embrace of and defense of who he is is what is highly disappointing.
    Have we not just spent the last half a century (if not longer) beating down Christians who are overly judgmental of others personal choices and now we are disappointed when they dont judge Trump more harshly?

Its a good thing that the Christian right has punted the football on intrapersonal moral judgements on individuals. Im not upset they aren't passing out scarlet letters anymore. The most vigorous defense of Trump's personal choices I have seen is to call him an imperfect vessel.

I would be wary of confusing defense of his personal choices, with defense of his politics, with politicking in general.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,525 Founders Club
    SFGbob said:

dnc said:

I have a problem when they force kreationism into public school curriculum just like I have a problem with things like critical race theory and the garbage grifter Robin DiAngelo spews

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

I have a problem when they force kreationism into public school curriculum just like I have a problem with things like critical race theory and the garbage grifter Robin DiAngelo spews
    Now count the number of school districts that actually teach creationism and then compare that to the number of school districts that teach critical race theory.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    edited September 2020

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

Where is Creationism being taught in schools? It sure isn’t in Oregon.

My daughters sure know about Islam, though. Apparently that was such an important fictional tale to not tell them in middle school. I doubt they got to the part where Mohammad was banging his 9 year-old wife, but who really knows?
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    SFGbob said:

dnc said:

You've been here as long as you have and you think @dnc is an atheist liberal?

It never ceases to amaze me how much time some people spend here and they still don't fucking get it.
    Houhusky said:

dnc said:

Houhusky said:

Is it?

Have we not just spent the last half a century (if not longer) beating down Christians who are overly judgmental of others personal choices and now we are disappointed when they dont judge Trump more harshly?

Its a good thing that the Christian right has punted the football on intrapersonal moral judgements on individuals. Im not upset they aren't passing out scarlet letters anymore. The most vigorous defense of Trump's personal choices I have seen is to call him an imperfect vessel.

I would be wary of confusing defense of his personal choices, with defense of his politics, with politicking in general.
    I agree ratcheting down the judgementalism is a good look for Evangelicals. I wish I believed it was for actual spiritual reasons and not just because it's politically convenient in this case.

We'll see.
    edited September 2020

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

Where is Creationism being taught in schools? It sure isn’t in Oregon.

My daughters sure know about Islam, though. Apparently that was such an important fictional tale to not tell them in middle school. I doubt they got to the part where Mohammad was hanging his 9 year-old wife, but who really knows?
    As I was saying. This map is from 2014. Most of the schools that do teach it and there aren't very many are Charter and Private Schools where parents choose to send their kids.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/science/2014/01/creationism_in_public_schools_mapped_where_tax_money_supports_alternatives.html

It's a totally irrational fear. Now count the school districts in California that are pushing critical race theory and normalizing tran-sexuals and compare the two. And there is no choice component in the public schools in California. If you send your kid to public school they will be indoctrinated in both.

dnc said:

Not sure how underrated it is but it's still quite the head scratcher.
    It’s a head scratcher to you that far right Christians would vote for a pro-life candidate as opposed to a pro-abortion candidate? Hmm, thought you had more depth than that.m

The one person on the record in this Stephen Glass Special is a convicted felon who lied to the court, but he’s telling the truth this time, he promised!
    I'm not talking about votes

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

You've been here as long as you have and you think @dnc is an atheist liberal?

It never ceases to amaze me how much time some people spend here and they still don't fucking get it.
    I think he is full of shit if he feels that most of the GOP mock Christian Conservatives.