Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The Atlantic: Trump Secretly Mocks His Christian Supporters, Too!

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

Yeah this one's almost 100% true.

Most GOP feel the same way about the evangelical right.

Most liberals feel most GOP feel that way because that's the way they feel about the evangelical right. As a non-religious Conservative I don't have any problem with the evangelical right.

Unlike you liberals and religious bigots I don't have an irrational fear about the Christian Right. I don't agree with them on every issue but unlike the Religious Left, the Religious Right isn't trying to force their religious beliefs onto me.
    You've been here as long as you have and you think @dnc is an atheist liberal?

It never ceases to amaze me how much time some people spend here and they still don't fucking get it.
    I think he is full of shit if he feels that most of the GOP mock Christian Conservatives.
    Good luck the rest of the way!
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,525 Founders Club

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

Most liberals feel most GOP feel that way because that's the way they feel about the evangelical right. As a non-religious Conservative I don't have any problem with the evangelical right.

Unlike you liberals and religious bigots I don't have an irrational fear about the Christian Right. I don't agree with them on every issue but unlike the Religious Left, the Religious Right isn't trying to force their religious beliefs onto me.
    I have a problem when they force kreationism into public school curriculum just like I have a problem with things like critical race theory and the garbage grifter Robin DiAngelo spews
    Where is Creationism being taught in schools? It sure isn’t in Oregon.

My daughters sure know about Islam, though. Apparently that was such an important fictional tale to not tell them in middle school. I doubt they got to the part where Mohammad was banging his 9 year-old wife, but who really knows?
    State of Kansas
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,944
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

Not a liberal nor a religious bigot.

Try again.
    If you "feel" that most members of the GOP mock the Christian right you're full of crap. Fear of the Religious Right is completely irrational given their ability to impact in anyway how you live your life. Now apply that same standard to the religious left.
    Hi there.

I'm not the least bit afraid of the Religious Right. I AM the Religious Right.

hth.
    What do you base your claim on that most members of the GOP mock them?
    He didn't say that. blob's game in a nutshell.
    He said exactly that but I'm certain he appreciates your ass tonguing defense.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

It never ceases to amaze me how much time some people spend here and they still don't fucking get it.
    I think he is full of shit if he feels that most of the GOP mock Christian Conservatives.
    Or, and crazy theory here, he is himself an evangelical living in the south who is intimately familiar with that community and truly holds those beliefs. It is in fact possible for people to genuinely hold point of views, in good faith, that you disagree with.

But you view any disagreement or difference in beliefs as hostile warfare committed by someone with awful intentions, so I don't expect the above to resonate with you.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    edited September 2020
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

I have a long record of mocking GOP establishment pussies like Kasisch, Jeb(!), McCain, Romney, Flake, and the disgruntled warmongering fags at the Lincoln Project.

They have an impact on my family’s life via policy. Never give a thought to evangelicals as they don’t enter or impact my life in any meaningful way at all.

Different spiritual mentality than me for sure, completely different lifestyle, but other than voting for Trump, they don’t exist in my life so why mock them? I do see a lot of Democrats on Twitter going after Christians and mocking them. Read the Barrett sticky thread for some unhinged examples. Handmaiden Tale!!

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

I have a problem when they force kreationism into public school curriculum just like I have a problem with things like critical race theory and the garbage grifter Robin DiAngelo spews
    Where is Creationism being taught in schools? It sure isn’t in Oregon.

My daughters sure know about Islam, though. Apparently that was such an important fictional tale to not tell them in middle school. I doubt they got to the part where Mohammad was banging his 9 year-old wife, but who really knows?
    State of Kansas
    Unless something has changed since 2014 not according to this map.
    http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/science/2014/01/creationism_in_public_schools_mapped_where_tax_money_supports_alternatives.html

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

Or, and crazy theory here, he is himself an evangelical living in the south who is intimately familiar with that community and truly holds those beliefs. It is in fact possible for people to genuinely hold point of views, in good faith, that you disagree with.

But you view any disagreement or difference in beliefs as hostile warfare committed by someone with awful intentions, so I don't expect the above to resonate with you.
    You're free to have whatever feelings you want. I just asked what he based those feelings on and he had nothing. But he did receive a sweet, sweet ass tonguing from the Dazzler so he has that.

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

I have a long record of mocking GOP establishment pussies like Kasisch, Jeb(!), McCain, Romney, Flake, and the disgruntled warmongering fags at the Lincoln Project.

They have an impact on my family’s life via policy. Never give a thought to evangelicals as they don’t enter or impact my life in any meaningful way at all.

Different spiritual mentality than me for sure, completely different lifestyle, but other than voting for Trump, they don’t exist in my life so why mock them? I do see a lot of Democrats on Twitter going after Christians and mocking them. Read the Barrett sticky thread for some unhinged examples. Handmaiden Tale!!
    The religious left has far, far more negative impact on my life than does the Religious Right. I can't think of a single way that the RR has any impact on my life.
    edited September 2020
    Your link doesn't work.

Btw, in public schools today which gets more emphasis. Creationism or that gender isn't binary and that you can choose your gender based upon how you feel?
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,990
    Remind me what the DNC platform is again?

Russia
    Kids in cages
    COVID
    Trump’s Taxes

Is that about it?
    thechatch said:

Remind me what the DNC platform is again?

Russia
    Kids in cages
    COVID
    Trump’s Taxes
    Defund the police
    Empty the prisons

Is that about it?

crisped
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,397 Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Evangelicals enthusiastically hitching to Trump is underrated political hypocrisy.

Not sure how underrated it is but it's still quite the head scratcher.
    Is it? Irregardless of his personal integrity or religious zeal Trump policy and judge nominations are more or less in alignment with the values they hold.

And then you look where the opposition stands...

What do they say about Biden and his racism? It's easy to tell the difference between an awkward ally and a real enemy?
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,397 Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

Evangelicals enthusiastically hitching to Trump is underrated political hypocrisy.

Is it?

Ive been told he is going to give them a supreme court justice that may overturn Roe v Wade, has limited Obamacare's reach into religious organizations, and stopped the IRS from targeting their non profit organizations.

Trump is objectively sucky at being a Christian, but as far as getting results he has got them the best results for them since Reagan.
    53 seconds...
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,492 Founders Club
    Houhusky said:

Is it?

Ive been told he is going to give them a supreme court justice that may overturn Roe v Wade, has limited Obamacare's reach into religious organizations, and stopped the IRS from targeting their non profit organizations.

Trump is objectively sucky at being a Christian, but as far as getting results he has got them the best results for them since Reagan.
    People try way too hard. I don't think @dnc is trying to separate Trump from his base but the DNC is and their hysteria over evangelicals telling the left to fuck off as they go home with Trump at closing time is amusing to no end to me

Which candidate lines up best in policy in what is important to me

Its fucking science people

Be guided by it
    dnc said:

Houhusky said:

Is it?

I don't have a problem with the religious right voting for Trump or appreciating what Trump has done policy wise for the reasons you outline. The full fledged embrace of and defense of who he is is what is highly disappointing.
    Its a campaign

That's all it is

There is no big difference between a Trump voter and a Biden voter other than IQ

dnc said:

Is it? Irregardless of his personal integrity or religious zeal Trump policy and judge nominations are more or less in alignment with the values they hold.

What do they say about Biden and his racism? It's easy to tell the difference between an awkward ally and a real enemy?
    As I said above.

I don't have a problem with the religious right voting for Trump or appreciating what Trump has done policy wise for the reasons you outline. The full fledged embrace of and defense of who he is is what is highly disappointing.

I didn't vote for him in 2016 but I'm close to voting for him in 2020. I completely understand not voting for Hillary or Biden, things I haven't done and won't do myself.

It's not about the vote and it's not just about the campaign, it's about the Trump worship for the last 5 years.
    dnc said:

dnc said:

As I said above.

I didn't vote for him in 2016 but I'm close to voting for him in 2020. I completely understand not voting for Hillary or Biden, things I haven't done and won't do myself.

It's not about the vote and it's not just about the campaign, it's about the Trump worship for the last 5 years.

Trump worship for 5 years = defending Trump against a fake special prosecutor and fake impeachment and fake article after article

What do you expect? Nobody worships Trump. Just more of the attempt to make a Trump voter an OTHER

You want to see worship go back to election night 2016 and hillary voters

dnc said:

dnc said:

As I said above.

Trump worship for 5 years = defending Trump against a fake special prosecutor and fake impeachment and fake article after article

What do you expect? Nobody worships Trump. Just more of the attempt to make a Trump voter an OTHER

You want to see worship go back to election night 2016 and hillary voters
    K
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,525 Founders Club
    SFGbob said:

Your link doesn't work.

Btw, in public schools today which gets more emphasis. Creationism or that gender isn't binary and that you can choose your gender based upon how you feel?
    I don't know. The leftards have been hard at work pushing their nonsense lately. My point is both extremes shouldn't be pushed on kids.