Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The Atlantic: Trump Secretly Mocks His Christian Supporters, Too!

NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
Pathetic, but I’m sure these anonymous sources are accurate yet again. Zero reason to believe any of the bullshit.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/09/trump-secretly-mocks-his-christian-supporters/616522/

Comments

• HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,358
    But if we had to bet, we'd all bet it's true.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Yeah this one's almost 100% true.

Most GOP feel the same way about the evangelical right.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,944
    HHusky said:

Shocking you'd "guess" that Dazzler.
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Shocking you'd "guess" that Dazzler.
    In other words, blob believes it's true.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    Evangelicals enthusiastically hitching to Trump is underrated political hypocrisy.
    edited September 2020
    dnc said:

Most liberals feel most GOP feel that way because that's the way they feel about the evangelical right. As a non-religious Conservative I don't have any problem with the evangelical right.

Unlike you liberals and religious bigots I don't have an irrational fear about the Christian Right. I don't agree with them on every issue but unlike the Religious Left, the Religious Right isn't trying to force their religious beliefs onto me.
    SFGbob said:

dnc said:

Most liberals feel most GOP feel that way because that's the way they feel about the evangelical right. As a non-religious Conservative I don't have any problem with the evangelical right.

Unlike you liberals and religious bigots I don't have an irrational fear about the Christian Right. I don't agree with them on every issue but unlike the Religious Left, the Religious Right isn't trying to force their religious beliefs onto me.
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

Oh we're back to the mind reading game again. What am I thinking right now Dazzler?
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

Oh we're back to the mind reading game again. What am I thinking right now Dazzler?
    And I don't mean most registered Republicans, I mean most GOP politicians.

Evangelicals enthusiastically hitching to Trump is underrated political hypocrisy.

Not sure how underrated it is but it's still quite the head scratcher.

OK, I can see how this thread is going. I'm out.

@allpurpleallgold!! True???
    dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

Not a liberal nor a religious bigot.

Try again.
    If you "feel" that most members of the GOP mock the Christian right you're full of crap. Fear of the Religious Right is completely irrational given their ability to impact in anyway how you live your life. Now apply that same standard to the religious left.
    Houhusky said:

Is it?

Ive been told he is going to give them a supreme court justice that may overturn Roe v Wade, has limited Obamacare's reach into religious organizations, and stopped the IRS from targeting their non profit organizations.

Trump is objectively sucky at being a Christian, but as far as getting results he has got them the best results for them since Reagan.
    Reagan didn't do much for them. And they started to complain.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

Not a liberal nor a religious bigot.

Try again.
    If you "feel" that most members of the GOP mock the Christian right you're full of crap. Fear of the Religious Right is completely irrational given their ability to impact in anyway how you live your life. Now apply that same standard to the religious left.
    The dozens of religious right authoritarians that the Vid didnt already kill will be outraged!!1
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    dnc said:

Not sure how underrated it is but it's still quite the head scratcher.
    It’s a head scratcher to you that far right Christians would vote for a pro-life candidate as opposed to a pro-abortion candidate? Hmm, thought you had more depth than that.m

The one person on the record in this Stephen Glass Special is a convicted felon who lied to the court, but he’s telling the truth this time, he promised!