Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The Atlantic: Trump Secretly Mocks His Christian Supporters, Too!

1235»

Comments

• TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,878 Standard Supporter
    edited September 2020
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

Yeah this one's almost 100% true.

Most GOP feel the same way about the evangelical right.

Most liberals feel most GOP feel that way because that's the way they feel about the evangelical right. As a non-religious Conservative I don't have any problem with the evangelical right.

Unlike you liberals and religious bigots I don't have an irrational fear about the Christian Right. I don't agree with them on every issue but unlike the Religious Left, the Religious Right isn't trying to force their religious beliefs onto me.
    You've been here as long as you have and you think @dnc is an atheist liberal?

It never ceases to amaze me how much time some people spend here and they still don't fucking get it.
    I think he is full of shit if he feels that most of the GOP mock Christian Conservatives.
    I have a long record of mocking GOP establishment pussies like Kasisch, Jeb(!), McCain, Romney, Flake, and the disgruntled warmongering fags at the Lincoln Project.

They have an impact on my family’s life via policy. Never give a thought to evangelicals as they don’t enter or impact my life in any meaningful way at all.

Different spiritual mentality than me for sure, completely different lifestyle, but other than voting for Trump, they don’t exist in my life so why mock them? I do see a lot of Democrats on Twitter going after Christians and mocking them. Read the Barrett sticky thread for some unhinged examples. Handmaiden Tale!!
    The religious left has far, far more negative impact on my life than does the Religious Right. I can't think of a single way that the RR has any impact on my life.
    Most of the RRs are very nice people beholden to some dumb, inept ideas. But unlike the Far Left, they're easy to talk to, pleasant to be around, and typically respect those they disagree with, if they act in accordance with their faith.

In accordance with the Far Left's faith, one must be a screeching tranny faggot who demonizes everyone and everything they wish they were, but aren't and never will be. Chief among those qualities? Happiness. Always has and always will elude the far left.

Because the Far Left is Retarded.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,878 Standard Supporter

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Evangelicals enthusiastically hitching to Trump is underrated political hypocrisy.

Not sure how underrated it is but it's still quite the head scratcher.
    Is it? Irregardless of his personal integrity or religious zeal Trump policy and judge nominations are more or less in alignment with the values they hold.

And then you look where the opposition stands...

What do they say about Biden and his racism? It's easy to tell the difference between an awkward ally and a real enemy?
    As I said above.

I don't have a problem with the religious right voting for Trump or appreciating what Trump has done policy wise for the reasons you outline. The full fledged embrace of and defense of who he is is what is highly disappointing.

I didn't vote for him in 2016 but I'm close to voting for him in 2020. I completely understand not voting for Hillary or Biden, things I haven't done and won't do myself.

It's not about the vote and it's not just about the campaign, it's about the Trump worship for the last 5 years.
    I think people mostly know Trump is at his best an "imperfect vessel". Whether his obviously imperfect religiosity is sincere or a farce is unknowable to us. I know lots of worse people that go to Church on Sundays for appearances.

As to the minority of people who defend his character with fervor, *shrug, I mostly see it as defensive and reactionary to what the rest of the culture does to him. He’s obviously literally Hitler after all.

Also, there's that non-judgement piece that I think most modern evangelicals have had to adopt to be able to deal with operating in modern society.

Tldr YOU are the religious right so you tell me. I don't want to get bullied after all.
    I think you guys deal with a different brand of Trump fan than I do in this part of the cuntry.
    That’s fair. This board for me is an outlet from The News and also the overwhelming anti-Trump social media platforms. Very few people in my business life know that I will be voting for Trump. I only talk politics in real life with a few close friends from college and my brother. Being an outward Trump voter at this point midway in my professional career would be detrimental to my future options working in Portland.
    Last one to wear a MAGA hat into Stockman's is buying. Go!
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,950 Founders Club

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Evangelicals enthusiastically hitching to Trump is underrated political hypocrisy.

Not sure how underrated it is but it's still quite the head scratcher.
    Is it? Irregardless of his personal integrity or religious zeal Trump policy and judge nominations are more or less in alignment with the values they hold.

And then you look where the opposition stands...

What do they say about Biden and his racism? It's easy to tell the difference between an awkward ally and a real enemy?
    As I said above.

I don't have a problem with the religious right voting for Trump or appreciating what Trump has done policy wise for the reasons you outline. The full fledged embrace of and defense of who he is is what is highly disappointing.

I didn't vote for him in 2016 but I'm close to voting for him in 2020. I completely understand not voting for Hillary or Biden, things I haven't done and won't do myself.

It's not about the vote and it's not just about the campaign, it's about the Trump worship for the last 5 years.
    I think people mostly know Trump is at his best an "imperfect vessel". Whether his obviously imperfect religiosity is sincere or a farce is unknowable to us. I know lots of worse people that go to Church on Sundays for appearances.

As to the minority of people who defend his character with fervor, *shrug, I mostly see it as defensive and reactionary to what the rest of the culture does to him. He’s obviously literally Hitler after all.

Also, there's that non-judgement piece that I think most modern evangelicals have had to adopt to be able to deal with operating in modern society.

Tldr YOU are the religious right so you tell me. I don't want to get bullied after all.
    I think you guys deal with a different brand of Trump fan than I do in this part of the cuntry.
    That’s fair. This board for me is an outlet from The News and also the overwhelming anti-Trump social media platforms. Very few people in my business life know that I will be voting for Trump. I only talk politics in real life with a few close friends from college and my brother. Being an outward Trump voter at this point midway in my professional career would be detrimental to my future options working in Portland.
    By your poasting retinue, I would have never guessed you're actual the silent majority.