Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ginsberg Sells the Couch

Comments

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited September 2020
    That's the only small worry I had. Fuck off Susan, fuck off Murkowski, fuck off Mitt the loser. Appears we have the votes. Let's do this. Don't give a fuck if Biden wins. SCOTUS for 20 years is worth any cost. Dem tears taste sweet.

edit: How does Murkowski keep getting elected? Bitch.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

thechatch said:

doogie said:

Or?

The GOP is gonna seat the justice no matter what and I don't see how it doesn't lose them the election spectacularly. Biden is just gonna keep talking about the Obamacare case until November and how Trump is gonna take away healthcare during a pandemic, elect me to save the healthcare law I literally helped pass.

Court packing won't happen, Biden/Harris are going to have to grow some balls and actively go against the court on certain things. The precedent Trump has set is if the senate isn't going to convict you then you can really do whatever you want.

Not confirming Merrick Garland sure cost the GOP greatly in 2016.

As usual, you Leftists are overplaying your hand by talking about impeaching Barr and Trump and packing SCOTUS with extra judges. Ginsburg should have retired in 2013 with Obama as President and Dem control of the Senate. She gambled on Hillary winning
    In 2016 and we’ve had 4 years of her falling asleep and being in and out of the hospital because she lost the bet.
    The circumstances could not be less similar to 2016. But I get it, 2016, 2016, 2016.
    Right. Trump is not an outgoing POTUS, and he holds the Senate.
    Right holding the senate is the only difference. Under those circumstances yes it helped Trump because because Evangelical Christians were otherwise a weakness for him.

Under 2020 circumstances where evangelicals and conservatives are already rabidly for him and it's still not enough to win, this does not help him.

Good luck winning an election while jamming through a justice who will completely throw out the ACA in just months, completely upending healthcare for millions during a pandemic that he is doing nothing about. Seriously, good luck with that.
    It’s over...

The purpose for Trumps second term was to transform the Supreme Court. He’s going to do it in term 1. I think he still wins, but even if he doesn’t, it’s fodder at this point. The war is over, as the Supreme Court is conservative for the next 20 years. Losers lose, and winners win.

• Options
    Founders Club
    Was just looking at some polling suggesting there is a good chance the Senate flips to blue. Jesus Christ it's going to be interesting if Dems get the White House and the Senate.

Anybody in this shithole have any kind of a read on what is likely to happen in the Senate? I don't trust poles much.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Swaye said:

Was just looking at some polling suggesting there is a good chance the Senate flips to blue. Jesus Christ it's going to be interesting if Dems get the White House and the Senate.

Anybody in this shithole have any kind of a read on what is likely to happen in the Senate? I don't trust poles much.

Since idiots procreate at higher rates, I imagine the country continuing to turn blue.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Since idiots procreate at higher rates, I imagine the country continuing to turn blue.

• Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

thechatch said:

doogie said:

Or?

The GOP is gonna seat the justice no matter what and I don't see how it doesn't lose them the election spectacularly. Biden is just gonna keep talking about the Obamacare case until November and how Trump is gonna take away healthcare during a pandemic, elect me to save the healthcare law I literally helped pass.

Court packing won't happen, Biden/Harris are going to have to grow some balls and actively go against the court on certain things. The precedent Trump has set is if the senate isn't going to convict you then you can really do whatever you want.

As usual, you Leftists are overplaying your hand by talking about impeaching Barr and Trump and packing SCOTUS with extra judges. Ginsburg should have retired in 2013 with Obama as President and Dem control of the Senate. She gambled on Hillary winning
    In 2016 and we’ve had 4 years of her falling asleep and being in and out of the hospital because she lost the bet.
    The circumstances could not be less similar to 2016. But I get it, 2016, 2016, 2016.
    Right holding the senate is the only difference. Under those circumstances yes it helped Trump because because Evangelical Christians were otherwise a weakness for him.

Under 2020 circumstances where evangelicals and conservatives are already rabidly for him and it's still not enough to win, this does not help him.

Good luck winning an election while jamming through a justice who will completely throw out the ACA in just months, completely upending healthcare for millions during a pandemic that he is doing nothing about. Seriously, good luck with that.
    It’s over...

The purpose for Trumps second term was to transform the Supreme Court. He’s going to do it in term 1. I think he still wins, but even if he doesn’t, it’s fodder at this point. The war is over, as the Supreme Court is conservative for the next 20 years. Losers lose, and winners win.

Im not really sure pushing through a supreme court nominee even moves the voting needle at all at this point. The people who pay attention at all have already decided, the people who are mouth breathing morons wont even see this through the miasma of other shit unless they pull some Kavanaugh assassination shit. They wont be able to as cleanly attack a woman, Catholic or Cuban or whatever.

The other factor is enthusiasm; A successful court nominee would certainly galvanize the right with Trump and I would imagine be pretty demoralizing to the left, it removes one of the "benefits" of voting for Biden and the outrage meter has already been cranked up to 11 for years, I highly doubt they are motivating new people to be outraged over this.

• Options
    Founders Club
    Houhusky said:

thechatch said:

doogie said:

Or?

It’s over...

Im not really sure pushing through a supreme court nominee even moves the voting needle at all at this point. The people who pay attention at all have already decided, the people who are mouth breathing morons wont even see this through the miasma of other shit unless they pull some Kavanaugh assassination shit. They wont be able to as cleanly attack a woman, Catholic or Cuban or whatever.

The other factor is enthusiasm; A successful court nominee would certainly galvanize the right with Trump and I would imagine be pretty demoralizing to the left, it removes one of the "benefits" of voting for Biden and the outrage meter has already been cranked up to 11 for years, I highly doubt they are motivating new people to be outraged over this.

I find it very strange that Dems are out fund raising the GOP by multiples if recent reporting is to be believed.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,259
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2020
    Swaye said:

"Good chance" is spin. IF you believe the polls they have a slightly favored chance of doing it but that's essentially negated by the fact that they have to win all their flips and not have any incumbents lose. A 50/50 split is a real possibility too.

Get out and vote...in person.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2020
    Swaye said:

Houhusky said:

thechatch said:

doogie said:

Or?

It’s over...

I find it very strange that Dems are out fund raising the GOP by multiples if recent reporting is to be believed.
    It’s not to be believed

Key RNC figures of note from the party this morning:

It raised $67.6 million in August, including money transferred from supporting organizations.
    - The RNC has $114.9 million on hand.
    - Total RNC, Trump campaign, and its committees raised $212 million.
    - Receipts for the 2019-2020 cycle across all entities was $1.3 billion.
    - RNC debt: $0.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/record-breaking-gop-fundraising-haul-just-in-time-for-final-trump-push
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter

You're right. In 2016 the GOP held the Senate and had the power to not grant Obama's nominee a vote. And now in 2020 the GOP holds the Senate and has the power to grant Trump's nominee a vote. Completely different.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

thechatch said:

doogie said:

Or?

Wow, what a meltdown. I'm a Conservative and I didn't vote for Trump in 2016. I will this election. Conservatives weren't "rabidly" for Trump. And I love how giving a President's SC nominee a vote is now "jamming through a justice."
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    edited September 2020
    Swaye said:

Houhusky said:

thechatch said:

doogie said:

Or?

It’s over...

I wonder how "fund raising" is counted...

Im sure BLM and antifa donations are through the fucking roof...

All the BLM donations on their website are funneled through the democrat superpac ActBlue
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

thechatch said:

I want ObamaCare destroyed.

Go to a two tier system and protect PECs. That’s all we need.

It’s not hard.

You want it destroyed.

More than 65% of the electorate does not.

Also Lindsay basically crying and begging Fox News viewers for help shows where things are headed.

Looked to me like a Politician asked for donations. Didn't see any crying or begging.
  • Options
    Houhusky said:

thechatch said:

doogie said:

Or?

It’s over...

They aren't going to attack the individual, they are actually for once being smart and talking about what the court is going to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPPKJMHkjcI&t=29s

70% don't want to overturn Roe, about the same don't want the ACA's protections repealed.

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,832
    SFGbob said:

You're right. In 2016 the GOP held the Senate and had the power to not grant Obama's nominee a vote. And now in 2020 the GOP holds the Senate and has the power to grant Trump's nominee a vote. Completely different.

2013 is more like it!
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Houhusky said:

thechatch said:

doogie said:

Or?

It’s over...

They aren't going to attack the individual, they are actually for once being smart and talking about what the court is going to do.

70% don't want to overturn Roe, about the same don't want the ACA's protections repealed.

Is this the same Bitch promising to break over 200 years of Supreme Court precedent?

• Options
    incremetal_progressincremetal_progress Member Posts: 358
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2020
    You can attack her personally and quibble with some of her remarks but the message on healthcare is direct and devastating.

Yes the republicans got the SCOTUS supermajority liberals feared greatly, congratulations it's devastating. But it's also not going to play well in November, both things are true.
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Houhusky said:

thechatch said:

doogie said:

Or?

It’s over...

I don’t give a shit about Roe, it’s overrated completely to fool people on the Left and Right,but if it’s repealed, all it does is transfer abortion law to the states. If some states want to ban it and you want abortions nearby, move if it’s so important.