Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Ginsberg Sells the Couch

Comments

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,397 Swaye's Wigwam

You can attack her personally and quibble with some of her remarks but the message on healthcare is direct and devastating.

Yes the republicans got the SCOTUS supermajority liberals feared greatly, congratulations it's devastating. But it's also not going to play well in November, both things are true.

I thought Biden had it all locked up anyways? Seems to be a no lose situation for them if they are already on their way out. Perfect situation to get a conservative court before the Marxists attempt government take over.
  • You're right healthcare is a real winning issue for Trump right now. I wonder why he isn't leaning into it more.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    page 2 issue. Obamacare isn’t on the ballot.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,492 Founders Club

You're right healthcare is a real winning issue for Trump right now. I wonder why he isn't leaning into it more.

Because he is smarter than you are
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309

You can attack her personally and quibble with some of her remarks but the message on healthcare is direct and devastating.

Yes the republicans got the SCOTUS supermajority liberals feared greatly, congratulations it's devastating. But it's also not going to play well in November, both things are true.

At worst it's a short term trade off for a long term gain. SCOTUS supermajority trumps (lolol11o1!0o) a presidential term even with a house and senate majority.
  • GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 6,230
    Swaye said:

Houhusky said:

thechatch said:

doogie said:

Or?

The GOP is gonna seat the justice no matter what and I don't see how it doesn't lose them the election spectacularly. Biden is just gonna keep talking about the Obamacare case until November and how Trump is gonna take away healthcare during a pandemic, elect me to save the healthcare law I literally helped pass.

Court packing won't happen, Biden/Harris are going to have to grow some balls and actively go against the court on certain things. The precedent Trump has set is if the senate isn't going to convict you then you can really do whatever you want.

Not confirming Merrick Garland sure cost the GOP greatly in 2016.

As usual, you Leftists are overplaying your hand by talking about impeaching Barr and Trump and packing SCOTUS with extra judges. Ginsburg should have retired in 2013 with Obama as President and Dem control of the Senate. She gambled on Hillary winning
    In 2016 and we’ve had 4 years of her falling asleep and being in and out of the hospital because she lost the bet.
    The circumstances could not be less similar to 2016. But I get it, 2016, 2016, 2016.
    Right. Trump is not an outgoing POTUS, and he holds the Senate.
    Right holding the senate is the only difference. Under those circumstances yes it helped Trump because because Evangelical Christians were otherwise a weakness for him.

Under 2020 circumstances where evangelicals and conservatives are already rabidly for him and it's still not enough to win, this does not help him.

Good luck winning an election while jamming through a justice who will completely throw out the ACA in just months, completely upending healthcare for millions during a pandemic that he is doing nothing about. Seriously, good luck with that.
    It’s over...

The purpose for Trumps second term was to transform the Supreme Court. He’s going to do it in term 1. I think he still wins, but even if he doesn’t, it’s fodder at this point. The war is over, as the Supreme Court is conservative for the next 20 years. Losers lose, and winners win.

Im not really sure pushing through a supreme court nominee even moves the voting needle at all at this point. The people who pay attention at all have already decided, the people who are mouth breathing morons wont even see this through the miasma of other shit unless they pull some Kavanaugh assassination shit. They wont be able to as cleanly attack a woman, Catholic or Cuban or whatever.

The other factor is enthusiasm; A successful court nominee would certainly galvanize the right with Trump and I would imagine be pretty demoralizing to the left, it removes one of the "benefits" of voting for Biden and the outrage meter has already been cranked up to 11 for years, I highly doubt they are motivating new people to be outraged over this.

I find it very strange that Dems are out fund raising the GOP by multiples if recent reporting is to be believed.
    All the BLM money is funneling right to the DNC
    SFGbob said:

thechatch said:

I want ObamaCare destroyed.

Go to a two tier system and protect PECs. That’s all we need.

It’s not hard.

You want it destroyed.

More than 65% of the electorate does not.

Also Lindsay basically crying and begging Fox News viewers for help shows where things are headed.

Looked to me like a Politician asked for donations. Didn't see any crying or begging.
    Yup and Lincoln project, why would the be against Lindsey? He is the opposite of Trump, I thought they hated Trump because of how he treats people etc. Well Lindsey is all class, so no they are a bunch of democrats.

Houhusky said:

thechatch said:

doogie said:

Or?

The GOP is gonna seat the justice no matter what and I don't see how it doesn't lose them the election spectacularly. Biden is just gonna keep talking about the Obamacare case until November and how Trump is gonna take away healthcare during a pandemic, elect me to save the healthcare law I literally helped pass.

Court packing won't happen, Biden/Harris are going to have to grow some balls and actively go against the court on certain things. The precedent Trump has set is if the senate isn't going to convict you then you can really do whatever you want.

As usual, you Leftists are overplaying your hand by talking about impeaching Barr and Trump and packing SCOTUS with extra judges. Ginsburg should have retired in 2013 with Obama as President and Dem control of the Senate. She gambled on Hillary winning
    In 2016 and we’ve had 4 years of her falling asleep and being in and out of the hospital because she lost the bet.
    The circumstances could not be less similar to 2016. But I get it, 2016, 2016, 2016.
    Right holding the senate is the only difference. Under those circumstances yes it helped Trump because because Evangelical Christians were otherwise a weakness for him.

Under 2020 circumstances where evangelicals and conservatives are already rabidly for him and it's still not enough to win, this does not help him.

Good luck winning an election while jamming through a justice who will completely throw out the ACA in just months, completely upending healthcare for millions during a pandemic that he is doing nothing about. Seriously, good luck with that.
    It’s over...

The purpose for Trumps second term was to transform the Supreme Court. He’s going to do it in term 1. I think he still wins, but even if he doesn’t, it’s fodder at this point. The war is over, as the Supreme Court is conservative for the next 20 years. Losers lose, and winners win.

Im not really sure pushing through a supreme court nominee even moves the voting needle at all at this point. The people who pay attention at all have already decided, the people who are mouth breathing morons wont even see this through the miasma of other shit unless they pull some Kavanaugh assassination shit. They wont be able to as cleanly attack a woman, Catholic or Cuban or whatever.

The other factor is enthusiasm; A successful court nominee would certainly galvanize the right with Trump and I would imagine be pretty demoralizing to the left, it removes one of the "benefits" of voting for Biden and the outrage meter has already been cranked up to 11 for years, I highly doubt they are motivating new people to be outraged over this.

They aren't going to attack the individual, they are actually for once being smart and talking about what the court is going to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPPKJMHkjcI&t=29s

70% don't want to overturn Roe, about the same don't want the ACA's protections repealed.

I remember her attacks on Kavanaugh... she can pound sand
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,545 Founders Club
    I really hate that this will go down as my most active thread in HH history.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    Goduckies said:

Houhusky said:

thechatch said:

doogie said:

Or?

It’s over...

They aren't going to attack the individual, they are actually for once being smart and talking about what the court is going to do.

70% don't want to overturn Roe, about the same don't want the ACA's protections repealed.

I remember her attacks on Kavanaugh... she can pound sand
    Hirono is such a Uniter. @incremetal_progress’s America.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2020/07/13/hirono-draws-heat-calling-president-trumps-supporters-white-supremacists/?outputType=amp

Hirono draws heat for calling President Trump’s supporters ‘white supremacists‘

By HNN Staff | July 13, 2020 at 5:59 PM HST - Updated July 14 at 4:26 PM

HONOLULU, Hawaii (HawaiiNewsNow) - Congressional Republicans expressed outrage Monday after US Sen. Mazie Hirono called President Trump’s supporters “white supremacists.”

Hirono, D-Hawaii, made the comments during an interview on MSNBC in which she called for a more coordinated federal response to the pandemic and its economic fallout along with systemic racism.

“We should be dealing with economic crisis. And we should be dealing with the racism that is in our country, to which the president speaks to, because he has a base of supporters who are very anti-immigrant and white supremacist,” Hirono said.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    no, no, no, lol, no, no, no, no, lol
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,944
    edited September 2020

Houhusky said:

thechatch said:

doogie said:

Or?

It’s over...

I don’t give a shit about Roe, it’s overrated completely to fool people on the Left and Right,but if it’s repealed, all it does is transfer abortion law to the states. If some states want to ban it and you want abortions nearby, move if it’s so important.
    It forces women to get their medical care in the back alley you fucking liar!!!
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,944

Houhusky said:

thechatch said:

doogie said:

Or?

It’s over...

I don’t give a shit about Roe, it’s overrated completely to fool people on the Left and Right,but if it’s repealed, all it does is transfer abortion law to the states. If some states want to ban it and you want abortions nearby, move if it’s so important.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,560 Standard Supporter
    SFGbob said:

Houhusky said:

thechatch said:

doogie said:

Or?

It’s over...

@CoatHangerDawg, true?