Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ginsberg Sells the Couch

Comments

• Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,859
    Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Get Joe to tip his hand on a replacement, he’s bound to piss off a wing of his crazy party.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,839
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

Goduckies said:

Collins and Murkowski are our, probably Mittens too, so will happen after the election probably

I wouldn't count them out. Besides democrats trying to hold Mitch to a purity standard that he may or may not have set himself, there's no legitimate reason to not have a nominee. A justice died, time to pick a new one. Whether there's 40 months left in a term, or 2, it shouldn't matter.
    Mitch’s maneuver 4 years ago was one of canniest, duplicitous political moves of my lifetim. I called it a gamble then, but I was wrong. He wasn’t going to lose anything, only win or draw.
    Really? The dems trying to steal an election in Florida in 2000? Stealing an election in 1960 in Illinois? Using the CIA, FBI, DOJ and the US House of Representatives to unseat a President? Are you 6 months old?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Goduckies said:

Collins and Murkowski are our, probably Mittens too, so will happen after the election probably

I wouldn't count them out. Besides democrats trying to hold Mitch to a purity standard that he may or may not have set himself, there's no legitimate reason to not have a nominee. A justice died, time to pick a new one. Whether there's 40 months left in a term, or 2, it shouldn't matter.
    Mitch’s maneuver 4 years ago was one of canniest, duplicitous political moves of my lifetim. I called it a gamble then, but I was wrong. He wasn’t going to lose anything, only win or draw.
    Really? The dems trying to steal an election in Florida in 2000? Stealing an election in 1960 in Illinois? Using the CIA, FBI, DOJ and the US House of Representatives to unseat a President? Are you 6 months old?
    2000 was litigated, the process worked.

No idea what this Illinois thing is.

Wash your hands old timmer.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Goduckies said:

Fast forward 4 years and there’s a double standard level of hypocrisy
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Emoterman said:

Tequilla said:

Goduckies said:

It’s power, simple as that.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    On a certain moral level, Pelosi’s visit to a hair doo was worse because that was proscribed from everyone else.
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Tequilla said:

Goduckies said:

Not really. The other times were with a lake duck President, and not one up for a second term. Why are you lying? This would be a weighed political move for Trump to have a new SCOTUS member. Obama wasn’t going to have a third-term.
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    The idiots not understanding the politics of this vacancy with a president up for re-election versus an outgoing president should not vote. Do you morons understand elections?