Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Djouvensky Schlenbaker, 2022 3* RB, Bellingham (Squalicum), WA (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

dnc said:

knowing how recruiting is going... wish we would have taken him as a hedge... just in case bonerpopper loses megwa late in the process to a bruce wayne type program

We can still have him if we want him
    like troy franklin?
    No, like Bishop Sankey and Joe Tryon.

I realize the luster has fallen off of UW recruiting of late but holy fuck you think we can't still take who want from Cuog?

Get a grip.
    This week is gunna be fun.
  • Options
    UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I like this kid as an athlete. I am not sure I like him at tailback. And he is committed to a school that doesn’t run the damn ball. Either way it will be I retesting.

nice to have a little back-up in case we get left at the altar. This kid possibly at LB would be worth a look
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

knowing how recruiting is going... wish we would have taken him as a hedge... just in case bonerpopper loses megwa late in the process to a bruce wayne type program

like troy franklin?

I realize the luster has fallen off of UW recruiting of late but holy fuck you think we can't still take who want from Cuog?

Get a grip.
    meh my thinking is why even play that game? We should have a ton of rb's leaving after this year. With how recruiting is going we don't know how solid megwa will be especially in texas. Bonerpopper doesn't really strike me as a recruiter that will keep up with kids if he gets his first target. kinda a low hanging fruit type of recruiter.

Just hedge early and take em. If he doesn't work out at rb can give him a look at lb.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

dnc said:

like troy franklin?

Get a grip.
    meh my thinking is why even play that game? We should have a ton of rb's leaving after this year. With how recruiting is going we don't know how solid megwa will be especially in texas. Bonerpopper doesn't really strike me as a recruiter that will keep up with kids if he gets his first target. kinda a low hanging fruit type of recruiter.

Just hedge early and take em. If he doesn't work out at rb can give him a look at lb.
    You play that game because you can. A Wazzu commit is the closest thing to a UW lock outside of a UW commit. Hell, with the decommit issues this year a Wazzu commit is probably safer.

There's plenty to complain about right now. This isn't an issue IMO.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

like troy franklin?

Get a grip.

You play that game because you can. A Wazzu commit is the closest thing to a UW lock outside of a UW commit. Hell, with the decommit issues this year a Wazzu commit is probably safer.

we'll see . Just would have liked to see a vigilant hedge. hopefully this isn't even an issue with megwa cause I love this pickup
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

like troy franklin?

Get a grip.

we'll see . Just would have liked to see a vigilant hedge. hopefully this isn't even an issue with megwa cause I love this pickup
    agree
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,611
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

dnc said:

like troy franklin?

Get a grip.

I also like Schlenbaker enough that it pains me to see him committed to a rival. I would have probably kept a spot for him but I honestly don't know the calculus involved. Not following closely enough.

I agree with DNC though. The cuog commit list is a pretty functional waiting list for UW so better them than someone else (except Beav they're OK at stashing UW recruits sometimes too).
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

like troy franklin?

Get a grip.

The strategy of letting a target fade away on the coog commit list instead of taking a commitment and getting poached would be some 5-D chess. But it's a catch-22. A program with the tactical foresight to pull off such a move doesn't get poached like we are in the first place.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,433
    Disappointed in seeing him commit to Wazzu, but given that it happened right after Megwa visited may indicate that we're only pursuing him for this class
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,440
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I like this kid as an athlete. I am not sure I like him at tailback. And he is committed to a school that doesn’t run the damn ball. Either way it will be I retesting.

I think they're going to be a lot more balanced as Leach's players graduate out.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,973
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    haie said:

I think they're going to be a lot more balanced as Leach's players graduate out.
    Did they ever run the ball in Hawaii? I don’t remember their backs getting much run.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,440
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Did they ever run the ball in Hawaii? I don’t remember their backs getting much run.
    Run and Shit is a lot more flexible than the air raid and even when he was at Hawaii they ran around 28 times per game. If I remember correctly their quarterback was pretty good for the mountain west so they did pass it ton the year before rolovich left.

With DeLaura he seemed to be a lot more balanced last year. The backup rb was pretty successful off of it iirc.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,501
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

haie said:

They are incredibly dumb if they don’t use Borghi heavily. PGOS and I have been on the Borghi bandwagon for years.

He’s really good tho. I saw him truck Hufunga from USC a few years ago. He should and would be an All Conference RB if they actually use him.
    Criminally underused by Leach, then hurt last year. If Rolo is smart they do more running then shooting
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    Baseman said:

haie said:

haie said:

Run and Shit is a lot more flexible than the air raid and even when he was at Hawaii they ran around 28 times per game. If I remember correctly their quarterback was pretty good for the mountain west so they did pass it ton the year before rolovich left.

With DeLaura he seemed to be a lot more balanced last year. The backup rb was pretty successful off of it iirc.
    No team executes the Run and Shit like Washington. Fact.
    Go gatas

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited June 2021

haie said:

They are incredibly dumb if they don’t use Borghi heavily. PGOS and I have been on the Borghi bandwagon for years.

He’s really good tho. I saw him truck Hufunga from USC a few years ago. He should and would be an All Conference RB if they actually use him.
    I remember when we were making fun of the cougs for taking a white RB, but the kid can play and catch extremely well out of the backfield. I think he will make an NFL roster one day
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Baseman said:

haie said:

haie said:

Go gatas

All gas, no brakes
  • Options
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

haie said:

haie said:

Go gatas

All gas, no brakes
    POTD