Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Djouvensky Schlenbaker, 2022 3* RB, Bellingham (Squalicum), WA (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Baseman said:

If he was good he wouldn’t be here for his 5th year. Hth.

He's not an NFL player. He's the most proven RB on the roster and produced when given the opportunity. There's a difference. HTH

What's not to like about him? he has tools, runs hard, has instincts, hasn't bitched about his role and works hard. He could have portaled and gone to a non Power-5 school for a bigger role but stayed to contribute and finish what he started.

If he has an amazing year and happens to play his way into the draft conversation, he won't sit out the bowl game.

I LIKE Sean McGrew and you should, too.
    He’s fine but we’re not winning a NY6 without an NFL guy at RB especially with how much we want to run the ball.
  • Options
    Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I like him at RB, but HATE him as a kickoff returner. Runs right into the wedge every fucking time.
  • Options

Gaskin stayed all 4 years.

There are lots of good players at the college level who won't make the cut at the NFL and stay 4-5 years. That's probably half of our roster every year.
    4 not 5.
  • Options
    TrumpsWallTrumpsWall Member Posts: 465
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,711
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Beno4Life said:

I like him at RB, but HATE him as a kickoff returner. Runs right into the wedge every fucking time.

https://youtu.be/7hwKwAffTsk
    Soft G Giles? This is the worst thing that’s happened to me since I learned it was “jif”.
  • Options

Gaskin stayed all 4 years.

There are lots of good players at the college level who won't make the cut at the NFL and stay 4-5 years. That's probably half of our roster every year.
    NFL heads like Fudgie loose the college football focus here. College players win college games. Three of the biggest CFB winner QBs of the last decade or two—Colt McCoy, Kellen Moore, Vince Young, Tebow (ok that's four)—did jackshit in NFL. That's a NFL problem, not a CFB problem. And Gaskin is another great example. Dude won college games.
    It’s different at quarterback. Gaskin is a good nfl player btw hth.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

FireCohen said:

haie said:

I like this kid as an athlete. I am not sure I like him at tailback. And he is committed to a school that doesn’t run the damn ball. Either way it will be I retesting.

I think they're going to be a lot more balanced as Leach's players graduate out.
    They are incredibly dumb if they don’t use Borghi heavily. PGOS and I have been on the Borghi bandwagon for years.

He’s really good tho. I saw him truck Hufunga from USC a few years ago. He should and would be an All Conference RB if they actually use him.
    I remember when we were making fun of the cougs for taking a white RB, but the kid can play and catch extremely well out of the backfield. I think he will make an NFL roster one day
    McGrew would actually thrive at WSU.
    He wouldn’t see the field.
    He's a good little scatback with good hands. He would pick up a lot of yards on draw plays and check down screens. More space for him to maneuver. He is ill fitted to what UW has been doing.
    He honestly just kinda sucks.
    Another shit take.

McGrew has averaged 5.8 ypc on 98 attempts the past two years. He produces when he plays. He's no pussy, getting most of his yards inside the tackles. You don't see him dance around for 1yd. He's plant and go. He should get the majority of the carries until he proves he can't. ( He won't.)

Cam Davis: 4.3 ypc avg on 17 attempts. He hasn't done shit. A 4-star TBS special, so of course he's better. Maybe he is but i'll wait until I see it before I crown him.

Im not sucking off Davis? I think he could be good. I don’t think we’re beating anyone good with a midget that runs 4.6 getting a decent amount of carries.
    There you go again.

McGrew ran a 4.38 at the Nike opening, 4.49 at the most recent combine and a 4.03 Pro agility, tops among the RBs

He ran a 10.56 100 at the California HS State Track Championship, good enough for 2nd place.

He's not slow.
    He gets caught from behind quite a bit. When he committed, I thought he would be a home run threat. He’s not.
  • Options

Beno4Life said:

https://youtu.be/7hwKwAffTsk
    Soft G Giles? This is the worst thing that’s happened to me since I learned it was “jif”.
    It’s gif, not jif. No one under 40 says jif.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

He’s fine against the OSU, WSU, Arizona etc. but he hasn’t really done shit against anyone good ever.

McGrew was good in Autzen in 2018 … just off the top of my head
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

He’s fine against the OSU, WSU, Arizona etc. but he hasn’t really done shit against anyone good ever.

Probably the best play of his Husky career is catching that 4th down pass that Brownsox threw behind him before Pete pissed himself.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

That Oregon team was shit. I still how no clue how we choked away that game
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

That Oregon team was shit. I still how no clue how we choked away that game
    I’ll give you credit … you never acknowledge when you’re wrong

McGrew will be part of the RB solution this year

He will have moments where we are going to be damn happy to have him
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    edited July 2021

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

FireCohen said:

haie said:

I like this kid as an athlete. I am not sure I like him at tailback. And he is committed to a school that doesn’t run the damn ball. Either way it will be I retesting.

I think they're going to be a lot more balanced as Leach's players graduate out.
    They are incredibly dumb if they don’t use Borghi heavily. PGOS and I have been on the Borghi bandwagon for years.

He’s really good tho. I saw him truck Hufunga from USC a few years ago. He should and would be an All Conference RB if they actually use him.
    I remember when we were making fun of the cougs for taking a white RB, but the kid can play and catch extremely well out of the backfield. I think he will make an NFL roster one day
    McGrew would actually thrive at WSU.
    He wouldn’t see the field.
    He's a good little scatback with good hands. He would pick up a lot of yards on draw plays and check down screens. More space for him to maneuver. He is ill fitted to what UW has been doing.
    He honestly just kinda sucks.
    Another shit take.

McGrew has averaged 5.8 ypc on 98 attempts the past two years. He produces when he plays. He's no pussy, getting most of his yards inside the tackles. You don't see him dance around for 1yd. He's plant and go. He should get the majority of the carries until he proves he can't. ( He won't.)

Cam Davis: 4.3 ypc avg on 17 attempts. He hasn't done shit. A 4-star TBS special, so of course he's better. Maybe he is but i'll wait until I see it before I crown him.

Im not sucking off Davis? I think he could be good. I don’t think we’re beating anyone good with a midget that runs 4.6 getting a decent amount of carries.
    There you go again.

McGrew ran a 4.38 at the Nike opening, 4.49 at the most recent combine and a 4.03 Pro agility, tops among the RBs

He ran a 10.56 100 at the California HS State Track Championship, good enough for 2nd place.

He's not slow.
    He gets caught from behind quite a bit. When he committed, I thought he would be a home run threat. He’s not.
    There's being caught from behind and there is being caught from the angle. I haven't seen McGrew caught from behind once where he had a clear lane and the secondary player didn't have an angle. Ahmed was a home threat but what did he break? 2 long runs in his career? (SC is one) When you run between the tackles you have to get through traffic which slows you down. McGrew isn't going to dance and wait for the homerun, he's going to get his yards getting through the hole and finding the second level. He's not doing it on toss sweeps it's between the tackles.

Very rare for a running back to rip off a homerun unless it's a well blocked wide sweep or the defenders completely whiff inside (rare)

He ranks well among Pac 12 rushers. His longest run is only 27 yards which makes his average that more impressive. He doesn't have an 80 yard run inflate his average. Scheme has a lot to do with explosiveness. TBS Darling Austin Jones has one of the lower AYPC. 5 star Stephen Carr is near the bottom.

McGrew lead the conference in TD per rush @ 10%. That's a homerun threat, even if in the red-zone

• Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

Most here hated Ahmed's 19 season. He danced, he pussed, too many no gain plays but the overall numbers were impressive, Strip out his 89 yard TD against USC and his per carry average drops to 4.96, almost a half-yard difference. McGrew's best games and biggest plays have come when he has had the most carries.

Chris Carson is considered explosive and is among NFL leaders in percentage of rushes over 10 yards. He also runs a 4.6+ which caused him to drop. He gets caught from behind but gets the long rushes because he explodes through the hole and gets to the second level. He rarely is stopped for a loss or no gain.

Reggie Bush had a middling NFL career because he couldn't run inside.