Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ts and Ps

Comments

• Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,126
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Houhusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

https://www.nationalreview.com/the-morning-jolt/we-need-to-confront-reality/?utm_source=recirc-desktop&utm_medium=homepage&utm_campaign=river&utm_content=featured-content-trending&utm_term=first

People understandably contend that a person who is diagnosed with the coronavirus, but dies of a separate health issue, should not count as a “coronavirus death.” (For example, George Floyd tested positive for coronavirus.) The oft-cited death number probably involves certain elderly patients who were likely to die from any significant stress to their health.

But just as there’s evidence for an overcount, there’s even more evidence for an undercount. A lack of available tests in the early days meant that certain deaths that were probably connected to the virus were never officially diagnosed. The overall U.S. death toll from the start of the pandemic jumped — way higher than the official death toll from the virus: “The 781,000 total deaths in the United States in the three months through May 30 were about 122,300, or nearly 19 percent higher, than what would normally be expected.”

. . .

We can quibble with this or that aspect of the data. I think that if you account for all of the errors and factors that can lead to overcounts and undercounts, it’s more likely we’re undercounting the deaths than overcounting. But even if you assume that one out of every ten official deaths is miscategorized, and shouldn’t be counted as a coronavirus-driven . . . the death count this morning is past 141,000. If the real count is closer to 127,000 . . . how much does that change your perception of the problem? What does the country’s total number of deaths need to reach before everyone will concur, “Wow, this is really bad”? What do you have to see to conclude that it’s not a hoax, that the CDC and doctors are not lying, and that the threat this virus presents is not overhyped?

Because if the answer is, “Nothing will ever convince me of that,” . . . well, then we are no longer discussing what is actually happening; we’re discussing something akin to an article of faith.

Boris the Copy/Paste Lightweight links from an anti-Trump rag. No wonder your business is going under. Early retirement looming.

How was the article I linked an anti-Trump piece, Boris? In your own words.
    What do you get as a positive about viewing employees you obviously don’t have as your “little people?” If you do, they should know they are employed by a sociopath. Guessing you view your wife as a subordinate, too.
    I didn't refer to my employees as "little people". But you know better than I do whether travel is optional in my life.
    Backed by science, the Governor has told his citizens to #StopTheSpread, #StayHomeStaySafe. I can't remember what the safe travel radius is, but certainly less than a commercial flight. You freely disclosed that you felt it was permissible for you to ignore those guidelines. And I defend your right to do so.
    The task isn't optional. The only question is whether I do it or someone else does it.
    Who gets to say whether it is or isn't optional? Many options have been proscribed from many people.

No sense arguing, we agree that individuals are best suited to make those judgments for themselves. Central planning just isn't suited for it.
    If the matter I'm attending to had been proscribed, the task wouldn't have to be attended to. But it wasn't, so someone has to accomplish the task.
    Legally, perhaps not. You did, however, go against Inslee's science-backed guidelines meant to keep us safe. I won't tell, like you, I think he's kinda full of shit too. I didn't wear a mask until it was legally mandated, just like you, I'm sure.
    I think Jay and I are okay. Wearing a mask is just common sense and I'm not traveling unnecessarily.
    If it didnt matter if you or one of your "little people" went then it probably didnt matter if anyone physically went there at all.

You also could have atleast driven and significantly reduced the number of people you came in contact with.

Your flights weren't essential, you just deemed it more important than the likelihood of you infecting someone else with the deadly serious Vid.
    You probably don't really know anything about the matter.
    I know, it's weird, that someone who knows nothing about you or your situation can have any opinion on whether it's safe for you to engage in activity. I just don't understand that thinking.
    More to the point, Ivan wanted a "gotcha" and leapt to conclusions.
    We must have the decency to trust people to make their own decisions.
    No. We've seen where that leads.

Like, to the Midwest?
    Yes
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,301
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

"Hoax!" is a convenient strawman. Excuse me, strawzir.

Meh, fuggit, not worth typing more. Trust in government competence, @HHusky , I'm sure it'll turn out great.

The underreaction of the federal government has not inspired confidence, I agree.

Sled, Ivan and Race seem to be on the Hoax Wagon. If you have a more nuanced position, that would be rfreshing.
    I've written 100x more than prudent about the whole shitshow. Read, or don't, at your leisure. As a Wash-en-tone-ean, I've given up hope at this point. Nothing I say or do matters.
    What approach are you advocating vis-a-vis the virus?
    What's your national approach dick face. You've only been asked a thousand times
    You mean you asked once before.

The Feds could have been the one purchaser of PPE, etc., instead of making the states bid against each other.

We could have had a unified policy of being open or not.

I wouldn't have called for the "liberation" of states with Democratic governors.

I wouldn't have trivialized the threat.

My message would have been that we can't have a healthy economy before we get the virus under control.

Would Damone have bitched? Of course.

You would have done what Daddy told you to do.

So you would have shut the whole country down

When and for how long?

What if a state told you to fuck off? Send troops?

Really it sounds like you just have a bunch of bullshit talk

Trump did more than you are advocating
    We know exactly what the response to a Trump-mandated lockdown would have been. Because we saw the response to international travel ban.

ATBS, I wish Trump had tried, because the country would be wide-open now.
    Yes
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited July 2020
    Nobody can understand @HHusky’s burden and the “personal cost” he’ll suffer if he doesn’t fly commercial. It’s not an option, people. He has no choice.

His wife was “exposed” to the China Virus. Kill everyone else’s business as flyboy jets to save his own.
  • Options

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Meh, fuggit, not worth typing more. Trust in government competence, @HHusky , I'm sure it'll turn out great.

The underreaction of the federal government has not inspired confidence, I agree.

Sled, Ivan and Race seem to be on the Hoax Wagon. If you have a more nuanced position, that would be rfreshing.
    I've written 100x more than prudent about the whole shitshow. Read, or don't, at your leisure. As a Wash-en-tone-ean, I've given up hope at this point. Nothing I say or do matters.
    What's your national approach dick face. You've only been asked a thousand times

The Feds could have been the one purchaser of PPE, etc., instead of making the states bid against each other.

I wouldn't have called for the "liberation" of states with Democratic governors.

My message would have been that we can't have a healthy economy before we get the virus under control.

When and for how long?

We know exactly what the response to a Trump-mandated lockdown would have been. Because we saw the response to international travel ban.

Yes
    Don't kid us Race. You'd be lecturing us on public safety if Daddy had sought a lockdown.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,301
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

When and for how long?

Yes
    Don't kid us Race. You'd be lecturing us on public safety if Daddy had sought a lockdown.
    No
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

When and for how long?

Yes
    No
    Race is like you @HHusky , willing and able to make his own choices.
  • Options

Nobody can understand @HHusky’s burden and the “personal cost” he’ll suffer if he doesn’t fly commercial. It’s not an option, people. He has no choice.

His wife was “exposed” to the China Virus. Kill everyone else’s business as flyboy jets to save his own.

Still can't take a clue.
  • Options
    edited July 2020

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

When and for how long?

Yes
    No
    @HHusky still doesn’t realize what’s happening to him here. A narcissist and a sociopath exposed.
  • Options

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

When and for how long?

Yes
    No
    He'll always choose Daddy. Issues!
  • Options
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

When and for how long?

Yes
    No
    Are you having a nervous breakdown as your lies and hypocrisy are exposed, Boris?
  • Options

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

When and for how long?

Yes
    No
    Are you having a nervous breakdown as your lies and hypocrisy are exposed, Boris?
    You're supposed to just say "Meltdown!" and leave it at that.

You knew here?
  • Options
    You
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

When and for how long?

Yes
    No

You knew here?
    How boozed up are your this afternoon as your business thankfully crumbles as you sit there? Early Retirement!
  • Options

You

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

When and for how long?

Yes
    No

You knew here?
    How boozed up are your this afternoon as your business thankfully crumbles as you sit there? Early Retirement!
    Crumbles?
  • Options
    HHusky said:

You

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

When and for how long?

Yes
    No

You knew here?
    Crumbles?
    You more so than ever embarrassed yourself in this thread, and the best part was you thought @GrundleStiltzkin was agreeing with you as you pooped out your hypocritical leftist feces.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

HHusky said:

You

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

When and for how long?

Yes
    No

You knew here?
    Crumbles?
    You more so than ever embarrassed yourself in this thread, and the best part was you thought @GrundleStiltzkin was agreeing with you as you pooped out your hypocritical leftist feces.
    He and I do agree. Self-determination. What's the big deal?
  • Options

HHusky said:

You

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

When and for how long?

Yes
    No

You knew here?
    Crumbles?
    You don't follow too good.
  • Options