Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ts and Ps

Comments

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,851
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2020
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

We never ran a fake tote bored on the flu

So 141,000 crisis actors. The voice of sanity, ladies and gentlemen!
    White flag
    Maybe you should explain your conspiracy theory.
    They get money for the China Virus not the flu. Also most of the hot spots are controlled by a certain party. They want to hurt Trump. Win, win for them. HTH
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

White flag
    Like this one?

You guys are just making things up now to keep the hoax rolling. Now ignore this and run along, Lionel.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/coronavirus/phil-murphy-new-jersey-deaths-jobs-coronavirus/2446345/?amp

New Jersey Democratic Gov. Phil Murphy says nearly 1,900 people likely died of COVID-19 in New Jersey but were not initially counted in the state’s death toll.

At a Thursday news conference, Murphy said those deaths will now be counted in the death toll.

Murphy says state health officials recently completed a review of thousands of death certificates of people who died with coronavirus symptoms despite not having been tested. He says those people likely died from COVID-19.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

White flag

What part of that is beyond your limited comprehension?
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,200
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Sledog said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

White flag
    They get money for the China Virus not the flu. HTH

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

White flag

We routinely estimate flu dead, Madam.

The fact we didn't do this with Covid simply shows how much of an undercount we actually have.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

White flag

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

White flag

The fact we didn't do this with Covid simply shows how much of an undercount we actually have.
    Almost got it. So close

Yes we estimate lu deaths AFTER the flu season hence the we don't run a fake tote board comment that you found so hard to decipher. Never have

So an estimate could be low or high annually on the flu

We know that covid deaths are over counted as this very thread shows to people that don't have their head up their ass. And we have this running tote bored filled with those bad numbers

Again, that would be the running tote board that we never had before

Hope this helps but I'm pretty sure you're too fucking stupid to get it yet
  • Options

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

White flag

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

White flag

Almost got it. So close

Yes we estimate lu deaths AFTER the flu season hence the we don't run a fake tote board comment that you found so hard to decipher. Never have

We know that covid deaths are over counted as this very thread shows to people that don't have their head up their ass. And we have this running tote bored filled with those bad numbers

I just can't decide whether to believe doctors and coroners or various poasters who got Cs in high school science and math.

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,934
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    If you die with an H1N1 flu in 2020 and there is no test then it is a chicom crud death. Because.
  • Options

If you die with an H1N1 flu in 2020 and there is no test then it is a chicom crud death. Because.

Even assuming your conspiracy theory held water, you haven't explained why between flu and Covid we have 170,000+ deaths (and counting) this year.

I know. I know. "Not unprecedented 'cuz 1957!"

In a few more months you'll need to start using "Not unprecedented 'cuz 1918!"
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

Even assuming your conspiracy theory held water, you haven't explained why between flu and Covid we have 170,000+ deaths (and counting) this year.

The disrespect for the Hong Kong flu is real
  • Options

HHusky said:

The disrespect for the Hong Kong flu is real
    It was just the flu.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I was right

Too stupid to get it
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    I just finished this brief audiobook, from 2018.

Nothing special, but entertaining enough.

However, in the conclusion, the author referenced a 2009 DoD study about the potential for a modern flu* pandemic that would sicken 90 million Americans and kill 2 million.

Look at us, we achieved that hypothetical with less than 10% of the casualties.

* BUT IT'S NOT THE FLU

• Options

I was right

Too stupid to get it

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,851
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

White flag

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

White flag

Almost got it. So close

I just can't decide whether to believe doctors and coroners or various poasters who got Cs in high school science and math.

The instructions from the CDC are to declare a virus death if they tested positive for it even if it's not what killed them. Also states are dumping in thousands of untested deaths with no testing done. Not like the tests are accurate anyway.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    https://www.nationalreview.com/the-morning-jolt/we-need-to-confront-reality/?utm_source=recirc-desktop&utm_medium=homepage&utm_campaign=river&utm_content=featured-content-trending&utm_term=first

People understandably contend that a person who is diagnosed with the coronavirus, but dies of a separate health issue, should not count as a “coronavirus death.” (For example, George Floyd tested positive for coronavirus.) The oft-cited death number probably involves certain elderly patients who were likely to die from any significant stress to their health.

But just as there’s evidence for an overcount, there’s even more evidence for an undercount. A lack of available tests in the early days meant that certain deaths that were probably connected to the virus were never officially diagnosed. The overall U.S. death toll from the start of the pandemic jumped — way higher than the official death toll from the virus: “The 781,000 total deaths in the United States in the three months through May 30 were about 122,300, or nearly 19 percent higher, than what would normally be expected.”

. . .

We can quibble with this or that aspect of the data. I think that if you account for all of the errors and factors that can lead to overcounts and undercounts, it’s more likely we’re undercounting the deaths than overcounting. But even if you assume that one out of every ten official deaths is miscategorized, and shouldn’t be counted as a coronavirus-driven . . . the death count this morning is past 141,000. If the real count is closer to 127,000 . . . how much does that change your perception of the problem? What does the country’s total number of deaths need to reach before everyone will concur, “Wow, this is really bad”? What do you have to see to conclude that it’s not a hoax, that the CDC and doctors are not lying, and that the threat this virus presents is not overhyped?

Because if the answer is, “Nothing will ever convince me of that,” . . . well, then we are no longer discussing what is actually happening; we’re discussing something akin to an article of faith.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    "Hoax!" is a convenient strawman. Excuse me, strawzir.

Meh, fuggit, not worth typing more. Trust in government competence, @HHusky , I'm sure it'll turn out great.
  • Options

Meh, fuggit, not worth typing more. Trust in government competence, @HHusky , I'm sure it'll turn out great.

The underreaction of the federal government has not inspired confidence, I agree.

Sled, Ivan and Race seem to be on the Hoax Wagon. If you have a more nuanced position, that would be rfreshing.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

The underreaction of the federal government has not inspired confidence, I agree.

Sled, Ivan and Race seem to be on the Hoax Wagon. If you have a more nuanced position, that would be rfreshing.
    I've written 100x more than prudent about the whole shitshow. Read, or don't, at your leisure. As a Wash-en-tone-ean, I've given up hope at this point. Nothing I say or do matters.
  • Options

HHusky said:

I've written 100x more than prudent about the whole shitshow. Read, or don't, at your leisure. As a Wash-en-tone-ean, I've given up hope at this point. Nothing I say or do matters.
    What approach are you advocating vis-a-vis the virus?
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

What approach are you advocating vis-a-vis the virus?
    Lighting yourself on fire should kill any virus...you should try it.