Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Bad news for the CoronaBros

12346»

Comments

• RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,639 Founders Club

Look, I know 2 people who've died from COVID - literally from COVID. My wife's best friend is still on O2 at night after "not dying." It's some sad shit.

I have earned the right to weigh in on this.

That said, we have to manage this and it ain't being managed right by the governors. Endless lockdowns are not helping and are causing huge collateral effects. They aren't locking down to avoid the deaths. For many governors, there is another motive.

Trump has the right plan. It is a balancing act between the economy and life for the elderly and at risk folks.

Balancing act is the way to go.

HH? How have you been impacted by this? Know anyone who's died? Know anyone who has lost their job and hasn't received unemployment benefits? Know anyone who's had their wife or children beaten? Know anyone who's child has contemplated suicide? Have any friends who have lost their business?

HH Khunt bump
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072

What's the death rate

What's the endgame

What was the original reason to shut down

Fuck off

the original reason to shut down was to not overwhelm the hospitals. Which is now gonna happen now anyway so congratulations. The only question about states like Florida, Texas, Arizona, etc. is do they shut it down again or just let the bodies continuously pile up.
    Ouch. Mods, can we start a “wow. This didn’t age well” bored?
    HHusky said:

But I doubt HHhusky reads this.

https://off-guardian.org/2020/07/07/second-wave-not-even-close/

“Why did politicians ever lockdown society in the first place? Can we all agree that the stated purpose was to “flatten the curve” so our hospital system could handle the inevitable COVID-19 patients who needed care? At that point, at least, back in early March, people were behaving rationally. They accepted that you can’t eradicate a virus, so let’s postpone things enough to handle it.

The fact is, we have done that, and so much more.

The headlines are filled with dire warnings of a “second wave” and trigger-happy Governors are rolling back regulations to try to stem the tide of new cases. But, is any of it actually true and should we all be worried? No, it’s not a second wave.

The COVID-19 virus is on its final legs, and while I have filled this post with graphs to prove everything I just said, this is really the only graph you need to see, it’s the CDC’s data, over time, of deaths from COVID-19 here in the U.S., and the trend line is unmistakable”

But 18 days...

Now this is funny!
    why?
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    doogie said:

What's the death rate

What's the endgame

What was the original reason to shut down

Fuck off

the original reason to shut down was to not overwhelm the hospitals. Which is now gonna happen now anyway so congratulations. The only question about states like Florida, Texas, Arizona, etc. is do they shut it down again or just let the bodies continuously pile up.
    Ouch. Mods, can we start a “wow. This didn’t age well” bored?
    Next week they will be overwhelmed. 18 days maybe. 36 tops. We have to flatten the curve ASAP.
    edited August 2020
    RoadTrip said:

Look, I know 2 people who've died from COVID - literally from COVID. My wife's best friend is still on O2 at night after "not dying." It's some sad shit.

I have earned the right to weigh in on this.

That said, we have to manage this and it ain't being managed right by the governors. Endless lockdowns are not helping and are causing huge collateral effects. They aren't locking down to avoid the deaths. For many governors, there is another motive.

Trump has the right plan. It is a balancing act between the economy and life for the elderly and at risk folks.

Balancing act is the way to go.

HH? How have you been impacted by this? Know anyone who's died? Know anyone who has lost their job and hasn't received unemployment benefits? Know anyone who's had their wife or children beaten? Know anyone who's child has contemplated suicide? Have any friends who have lost their business?

HH Khunt bump
    kHHunt bump?