Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Bad news for the CoronaBros

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    HHusky said:

But I doubt HHhusky reads this.

https://off-guardian.org/2020/07/07/second-wave-not-even-close/

“Why did politicians ever lockdown society in the first place? Can we all agree that the stated purpose was to “flatten the curve” so our hospital system could handle the inevitable COVID-19 patients who needed care? At that point, at least, back in early March, people were behaving rationally. They accepted that you can’t eradicate a virus, so let’s postpone things enough to handle it.

The fact is, we have done that, and so much more.

The headlines are filled with dire warnings of a “second wave” and trigger-happy Governors are rolling back regulations to try to stem the tide of new cases. But, is any of it actually true and should we all be worried? No, it’s not a second wave.

The COVID-19 virus is on its final legs, and while I have filled this post with graphs to prove everything I just said, this is really the only graph you need to see, it’s the CDC’s data, over time, of deaths from COVID-19 here in the U.S., and the trend line is unmistakable”

But 18 days...

Now this is funny!
    There is no second wave Adolph.

I was right. As usual.

18 days.... 36 tops
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,032 Standard Supporter

Does anyone actually know anyone sick?

I'm still at one, my daughter's friend who is a private jet flight attendant. Caught in on the east coast. Basic flu - ached for a few days then got better, back at work after 20 days.
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,373

I'm still at one, my daughter's friend who is a private jet flight attendant. Caught in on the east coast. Basic flu - ached for a few days then got better, back at work after 20 days.
    But Herman's dead.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    A lot of old cancer patients are dead.

Do you have a point?
    doogie said:

A lot of old cancer patients are dead.

Do you have a point?

Herman was Daddy's age. Daddy is obese.

Oh! Oh!

Trump is using the Covid Condom. He safe
    I'll take Trump over Slo Joe in any chicom crud challenge. Trump has been out and about and Slo Joe has been hiding in his basement.

I'll take Trump over Slo Joe in any chicom crud challenge. Trump has been out and about and Slo Joe has been hiding in his basement.

and time and time again we hear about Trump and Pence having people around them catch the Cold but mysteriously, they keep avoiding it as if they’re sitting on some secret.
    I know when Trump was exposed he went on the HCQ, Zpack, zinc cocktail. I'm also guessing he is on a Vitamin D regimen.

I know when Trump was exposed he went on the HCQ, Zpack, zinc cocktail. I'm also guessing he is on a Vitamin D regimen.

Maybe Vitamin McD.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

Prepare your anuses for the CDC to scrap every possible excess death they can find and drop it in the next two weeks to flex as much grimness as possible. Then it’s over.

Again, prepare your anuses.

Bleached, wrinkled & ready.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,508 Founders Club
  • WoofWoof Member Posts: 769

Maybe its because I'm on the East Coast, but I know plenty of people who got it.

One of my in-laws died, but had a comorbidity. One friend had some scary long-lasting pulmonary effects (now mostly recovered, but she was a fully healthy 30 year old). A few got varying levels of flu-like sick. The majority were asymptomatic, or only lost their sense of taste/smell. These are all people living in Virginia, NY/NJ, Florida, Texas, and Illinois though. I can't think of anyone I know on the West Coast who got it.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,137 Standard Supporter
    edited August 2020

Look, I know 2 people who've died from COVID - literally from COVID. My wife's best friend is still on O2 at night after "not dying." It's some sad shit.

I have earned the right to weigh in on this.

That said, we have to manage this and it ain't being managed right by the governors. Endless lockdowns are not helping and are causing huge collateral effects. They aren't locking down to avoid the deaths. For many governors, there is another motive.

Trump has the right plan. It is a balancing act between the economy and life for the elderly and at risk folks.

Balancing act is the way to go.

HH? How have you been impacted by this? Know anyone who's died? Know anyone who has lost their job and hasn't received unemployment benefits? Know anyone who's had their wife or children beaten? Know anyone who's child has contemplated suicide? Have any friends who have lost their business?

HH is hated by everyone. No friends. Maybe IC could move into HH's basement and they could spoon with appropriate masks and full body condoms.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,575 Standard Supporter

Look, I know 2 people who've died from COVID - literally from COVID. My wife's best friend is still on O2 at night after "not dying." It's some sad shit.

That said, we have to manage this and it ain't being managed right by the governors. Endless lockdowns are not helping and are causing huge collateral effects. They aren't locking down to avoid the deaths. For many governors, there is another motive.

Trump has the right plan. It is a balancing act between the economy and life for the elderly and at risk folks.

HH? How have you been impacted by this? Know anyone who's died? Know anyone who has lost their job and hasn't received unemployment benefits? Know anyone who's had their wife or children beaten? Know anyone who's child has contemplated suicide? Have any friends who have lost their business?

One of my kids lost his job yesterday. Business so slow they are downsizing big time. Manufacturers aren't buying materials, not making shit...

We'll keep him busy with projects around the Compound because that shit never ends - but Bank of Ma and Pa Throbber can only provide economic stimulus for so long.

• WoofWoof Member Posts: 769

I agree with most of this, but I would argue very few leaders had a plan, let alone a good one, and everyone has made mistakes. Most have been driven by pure political decisions. Democrats wanted to lock things down to make things seem bad and point all of the blame at the executive branch, even when a few of them (Cuomo and DeBlasio in particular) made some egregious mistakes that led to the deaths of thousands. Republicans wanted to open things fully back up as fast as possible to make things seem normal, while a slower, more measured approach would have been better. Trump made some major missteps early on, and his style will always be poorly suited to a crisis situation like this.

That said, I think people forget that this was a virus/crisis that, ex-China, nobody knew anything about 8 months ago. Everyone had to go through a learning curve as to the best response for virus, and there was no way for any leader to have responded without some missteps. At this rate, we're going to have completely eradicated this thing in like 12 months which is pretty amazing.
  • DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,488
    Good points, dude. I appreciate what you've said.

Hey Inslee is going to open up bowling alleys tomorrow.

You can't make this shit up.
    Woof said:

I agree with most of this, but I would argue very few leaders had a plan, let alone a good one, and everyone has made mistakes. Most have been driven by pure political decisions. Democrats wanted to lock things down to make things seem bad and point all of the blame at the executive branch, even when a few of them (Cuomo and DeBlasio in particular) made some egregious mistakes that led to the deaths of thousands. Republicans wanted to open things fully back up as fast as possible to make things seem normal, while a slower, more measured approach would have been better. Trump made some major missteps early on, and his style will always be poorly suited to a crisis situation like this.

That said, I think people forget that this was a virus/crisis that, ex-China, nobody knew anything about 8 months ago. Everyone had to go through a learning curve as to the best response for virus, and there was no way for any leader to have responded without some missteps. At this rate, we're going to have completely eradicated this thing in like 12 months which is pretty amazing.