Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Resetting expectations

Comments

• Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Is the "woof" you woofed the other day actually happening and was it who people thought it was?

Happening on Sunday. The woof wasn't for Berry who I knew was committing because I don't think it was a big pick up. I knew Finau was getting offered but didn't know he would commit on the spot.
    Is it pitch a tent worthy?
    Tinae is committing on Sunday. Probably him.

@sonics1993 what are your thoughts on the Finau offer and commitment? Any insight into how that came about?
    Coach K loved what he saw and brought in Malloe who loved it as well. Then they got into contact with him and loved his personality and thought he was a great fit. Had him send a couple workout video's which verified what they saw on tape and they offered. There was debate on whether it was going to be for OL or DL because Huff really liked him as well but they saw more potential at DL. If there's two guys I trust it's Malloe and Coach K and they see a big body that can move that just needs to be coached up.
    Does Finau take up velltray jefferson's spot or Jacob Schusters spot?
    Jacob but I could see them still taking Jacob but it's not a guarantee right now.
    Was schuster close to comitting this week?
    No, he's waiting to see if he gets accepted to Stanford first.
    What are the chances we keep Prentice home?
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

So no go on Emeka and JTT?

Logically speaking it looks good for UW. Both recruits have strong relationships with there position coaches and both families prefer UW but until I see Jimmy close someone, I won't get my hopes up for either guy.
    Is it true that JTT feels more comfortable with Big Joe in Oregon than Ikaika?
  • Options
    dougthedawgdougthedawg Member Posts: 179
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

So no go on Emeka and JTT?

Logically speaking it looks good for UW. Both recruits have strong relationships with there position coaches and both families prefer UW but until I see Jimmy close someone, I won't get my hopes up for either guy.
    Is it true that JTT feels more comfortable with Big Joe in Oregon than Ikaika?
    Hell no. Scott has literally no clue what he's talking about and flip flops all the time. His only source is Brandon Huffman who just hypes up anybody from FSP and anybody Gee Scott likes so he can get info from them. His recruiting blogs are worthless.
    It just goes to show how important marketing is.

You could be a lazy, stupid, insecure midget; a lazy, insecure, morbidly obese autistic; and a lazy, blithering fucking idiot who was cut from a DII squad as a frosh and you can make more than every other husky fan site combined by marketing it right.

If only Jimmy got that.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,981
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited July 2020

Look, the optics aren't great and the timing is weird, but if there's one position to trust these coaches and LIPO, it's DL. You bridge jumpers need to take a step back ffs.

Gladstone said:

Look, the optics aren't great and the timing is weird, but if there's one position to trust these coaches and LIPO, it's DL. You bridge jumpers need to take a step back ffs.

These kinds of comments are more effective if your posting precedent wasn't droolingly doogish.

Has Coach K and Malloe not earned a little trust around here?

Is the "woof" you woofed the other day actually happening and was it who people thought it was?

Happening on Sunday. The woof wasn't for Berry who I knew was committing because I don't think it was a big pick up. I knew Finau was getting offered but didn't know he would commit on the spot.

@sonics1993 what are your thoughts on the Finau offer and commitment? Any insight into how that came about?
    If there's two guys I trust it's Malloe and Coach K and they see a big body that can move that just needs to be coached up.
    When Big Ern suggested such a thing, the townsfolk brought out pitchforks. When Sonics says it, you clap like schoolgirls. What a fickle bunch.

• Options
    Founders Club
    edited July 2020
    dnc said:

Gladstone said:

These kinds of comments are more effective if your posting precedent wasn't droolingly doogish.

If there's two guys I trust it's Malloe and Coach K and they see a big body that can move that just needs to be coached up.

When Big Ern suggested such a thing, the townsfolk brought out pitchforks. When Sonics says it, you clap like schoolgirls. What a fickle bunch.

It’s because one of you has demonstrated a willingness to spin anything positively while the other one calls it like he sees it.

And also, the other one actually has real information.
    I have real eyes and I don't need inside info to trust Coach K and Malloe.

Oh please. The things I've spun positively are 1. Let this class play out (I'll double down on that if you wish), and 2. Some of the 3* guys in this class have great upside (ditto).

Next.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,838
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Gladstone said:

Talk to @IrishDawg22 he has this place dialed in.

Also still waiting for you to change your avatar to Ned Flanders with all that positivity
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,838
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

It’s because one of you has demonstrated a willingness to spin anything positively while the other one calls it like he sees it.

Oh please. The things I've spun positively are 1. Let this class play out (I'll double down on that if you wish), and 2. Some of the 3* guys in this class have great upside (ditto).

Next.
    Doubling down was ballz thing, no need to bring that one back from the ash and rubble.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

Next.
    Some? We all think some of them have great upside.

Which recruits in this class have you not sung the praises of?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited July 2020
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

Next.
    Some? We all think some of them have great upside.

Which recruits in this class have you not sung the praises of?
    I haven't said a thing about Jumper, Spears, Peihopa, Latu, Moore, and Huard. So the majority. Not your best effort.

Tunuufi is a fucking STUD, by the way. High 5-star/low 6-star easy.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    So nothing about our best recruit of our likely second best recruit (Spears).

My bad.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited July 2020
    dnc said:

So nothing about our best recruit of our likely second best recruit (Spears).

My bad.

Just because I didn't say anything doesn't mean I don't like them. I don't live here. Let's use some logic.