Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Resetting expectations

Comments

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,518
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

@sonics1993, what the deal with UW sniffing around at another FB (kid from Utah named Coco)? I know they havent offered him yet but they are obviously talking to the kid about playing fullback. My guess is they might end up having to take Jumper as an actual TE and then still need a FB for some reason, but that seems like a terrible waste of valuable scholarship spots

Based on the plodding RB Boner is recruiting, they need a lead blocker to have any chance of picking up positive yards in the running game.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    @sonics1993

1. Are we still recruiting Wynden?
    2. What's the outlook on DB recruiting? If we take Leigber and Taylor now, will we still try to flip Burke, Riley, or Smith?
    3. Did we lose Lonyatta or we were not recruiting him that hard? I gotta think if we took him right now then we've given up on landing both Troy/EE.
    4. Do you think we land Bowers or Shield at TE? And if we don't, is Jumper our 2nd TE and the Coco kid going to be our Fullback/Halfback?
    5. Are we done at RB?
    6. Do you expect Sam Adams to be on the roster a year from now?
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,151
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited July 2020

Now I can't get the theme song to this year's recruiting out of my head:

And now the gottdam MADtv song is stuck in mine.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,257
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

So nothing about our best recruit of our likely second best recruit (Spears).

My bad.

Just because I didn't say anything doesn't mean I don't like them. I don't live here. Let's use some logic.
    NOC.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

@sonics1993, what the deal with UW sniffing around at another FB (kid from Utah named Coco)? I know they havent offered him yet but they are obviously talking to the kid about playing fullback. My guess is they might end up having to take Jumper as an actual TE and then still need a FB for some reason, but that seems like a terrible waste of valuable scholarship spots

Based on the plodding RB Boner is recruiting, they need a lead blocker to have any chance of picking up positive yards in the running game.
    I get not liking Berry but he is far from plodding. Hes essentially a height-weight-speed prospect
  • Options
    5starsareforlosers5starsareforlosers Member Posts: 62
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

I get not liking Berry but he is far from plodding. Hes essentially a height-weight-speed prospect
    To me, it looked like he avoided contact but then I read that he had an injured shoulder most of the season. If that is the case, maybe there's some hope.
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2020
    That’s one of the most concerning things about this entire thing. Even our best recruiters (Jimmy, Malloe, Huff, Junior) are getting their shits pushed in.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,065
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

That’s one of the most concerning things about this entire thing. Even our best recruiters (Jimmy, Malloe, Huff, Junior) are getting their shits pushed in.

That meathead fella down in Eugene seems to be doing a fair-to-middling job
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Is it that surprising?

Jimmy has taken a massive step up from assistant/coordinator to head coach ... he may have been a strong recruiter as an assistant/coordinator but he's showing that as a head coach he's right now average at best

Huff/Malloe are generally upper tier P12 recruiters but they are struggling when you consider either a) lack of talent on the West Coast and b) the support/infrastructure that they are working within).

Adams I have a hard time getting a read on ... on one hand he seems to be very good but he's gotten blown out as often as he's landed a top tier guy. Clearly the unknown of Donovan is hurting him at least to some degree.