Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Resetting expectations

sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
When Pete stepped down and Jimmy took over I knew we were losing our best recruiter on the staff but thought Jimmy was good enough to maintain the standard of top 15 classes like we have done the last three years. But as we sit here today, six months away from signing day, with no official visits likely this upcoming year, I think it's clear that we are going to take a step or two back for the 2021 class. I originally thought in the winter that with the 2021 in state class being as loaded as it was, that we would finish in the 10-15 range. But then the spring came and it was clear that we were struggling on the recruiting trail and had no momentum and I stated it. That led a certain administrator on dawgman calling me negative and making baseless accusations about how I hate the coaches but I was fine with it because I knew it was the truth. I also expected the class to turn around in the fall when visits were allowed and expected us to close strong and thought a top 25 class was reachable. Well no official visits are likely this year, it's iffy on if football will be played and it's pretty clear that this class is going to be more similar to the 2014/2015 than the last three classes meaning we are going to have to depend on the coaches evaluation and coaching skills because other than Sam there is no can't miss guy in this recruiting class. Right now I expect this class to have one high end guy in Sam, a couple low end four star and the rest filled with three star recruits. I'm disappointed in our recruiting and wish we didn't throw away one the best in state classes Washington has ever had but we did.

Comments

• Options
    UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

When Pete stepped down and Jimmy took over I knew we were losing our best recruiter on the staff but thought Jimmy was good enough to maintain the standard of top 15 classes like we have done the last three years. But as we sit here today, six months away from signing day, with no official visits likely this upcoming year, I think it's clear that we are going to take a step or two back for the 2021 class. I originally thought in the winter that with the 2021 in state class being as loaded as it was, that we would finish in the 10-15 range. But then the spring came and it was clear that we were struggling on the recruiting trail and had no momentum and I stated it. That led a certain administrator on dawgman calling me negative and making baseless accusations about how I hate the coaches but I was fine with it because I knew it was the truth. I also expected the class to turn around in the fall when visits were allowed and expected us to close strong and thought a top 25 class was reachable. Well no official visits are likely this year, it's iffy on if football will be played and it's pretty clear that this class is going to be more similar to the 2014/2015 than the last three classes meaning we are going to have to depend on the coaches evaluation and coaching skills because other than Sam there is no can't miss guy in this recruiting class. Right now I expect this class to have one high end guy in Sam, a couple low end four star and the rest filled with three star recruits. I'm disappointed in our recruiting and wish we didn't throw away one the best in state classes Washington has ever had but we did.

that fucking sucks...
  • Options
    Mooser42Mooser42 Member Posts: 763
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    So the coaches aren’t geniuses?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,894
    Standard Supporter
    So no go on Emeka and JTT?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Is the "woof" you woofed the other day actually happening and was it who people thought it was?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Is the "woof" you woofed the other day actually happening and was it who people thought it was?

Sunday
    Aha... that answers my question
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Happening on Sunday. The woof wasn't for Berry who I knew was committing because I don't think it was a big pick up. I knew Finau was getting offered but didn't know he would commit on the spot.
    Is it pitch a tent worthy?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Happening on Sunday. The woof wasn't for Berry who I knew was committing because I don't think it was a big pick up. I knew Finau was getting offered but didn't know he would commit on the spot.
    Tinae is committing on Sunday. Probably him.

@sonics1993 what are your thoughts on the Finau offer and commitment? Any insight into how that came about?
  • Options

@sonics1993 what are your thoughts on the Finau offer and commitment? Any insight into how that came about?
    Coach K loved what he saw and brought in Malloe who loved it as well. Then they got into contact with him and loved his personality and thought he was a great fit. Had him send a couple workout video's which verified what they saw on tape and they offered. There was debate on whether it was going to be for OL or DL because Huff really liked him as well but they saw more potential at DL. If there's two guys I trust it's Malloe and Coach K and they see a big body that can move that just needs to be coached up.
    Does Finau take up velltray jefferson's spot or Jacob Schusters spot?
  • Options

Coach K loved what he saw and brought in Malloe who loved it as well. Then they got into contact with him and loved his personality and thought he was a great fit. Had him send a couple workout video's which verified what they saw on tape and they offered. There was debate on whether it was going to be for OL or DL because Huff really liked him as well but they saw more potential at DL. If there's two guys I trust it's Malloe and Coach K and they see a big body that can move that just needs to be coached up.
    Jacob but I could see them still taking Jacob but it's not a guarantee right now.
  • Options

Jacob but I could see them still taking Jacob but it's not a guarantee right now.
    Was schuster close to comitting this week?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,151
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

dude for quook u sure spend a lot of time on the doog crooting board
  • Options
    dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 561
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    FireCohen said:

dude for quook u sure spend a lot of time on the doog crooting board
    Yeah!...... good times.
  • Options

No, he's waiting to see if he gets accepted to Stanford first.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

No, he's waiting to see if he gets accepted to Stanford first.
    Going with Prentice