Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Serious Question for the Trump Bros

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Dude61 said:

Mattis should STFU and get back to his book tour talking about transgenders as the most important military issue of our time.

Say it to his FACE!!

@brents RIP
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Watching a doc on W they covered Bush 1. He really didn't think voters would pick Clinton over him. Not out of arrogance, just like look at my resume.

Perot probably was the difference

For you kids Clinton avoided if not dodged the draft and Bush 1 was a war hero

That was the end of that argument.

It's why NOC about bone spurs

Perot absolutely was the difference.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,728
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Watching a doc on W they covered Bush 1. He really didn't think voters would pick Clinton over him. Not out of arrogance, just like look at my resume.

Let me finish Larry can you let me finish? Larry can I finish?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Yep.

Bush I went to sign up for the Navy 5 minutes after graduating from Andover. With his connections could have easily bone spured his way to Wall Street and let the everyday people fight the war. But the establishment didn't do that in those days ... at least not as much.

As you say, no desk jockey. A fucking pilot who was in the war. Then returns to Yale as a married student with Babs, plays on the baseball team and was actually a great player and a great student ... again, at Yale.

Then struck out from the family and went to Texas, where he was a stranger, to start his business. Struggled there to break into politics because "they could smell the New England on him," but nonetheless made himself a key player in the Texas GOP and worked his way from there.

He was also, by reputation, an honest and hard working guy. Beyond that, he carried himself the way you want someone representing you to carry themselves. And he wasn't impulsive and was a good listener.

A bygone guy from a bygone era. Yeah, he had a silver spoon, but he did something with it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8ZYv2TFnZg

Japanese colonel on Chichi Jima was eating US captives. Dodged one.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

I voted for Perot. I actually thought he could win. Then he dropped out and got back in. That said, I was 27. I might be dumber now
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,952

Yep.

Bush I went to sign up for the Navy 5 minutes after graduating from Andover. With his connections could have easily bone spured his way to Wall Street and let the everyday people fight the war. But the establishment didn't do that in those days ... at least not as much.

As you say, no desk jockey. A fucking pilot who was in the war. Then returns to Yale as a married student with Babs, plays on the baseball team and was actually a great player and a great student ... again, at Yale.

Then struck out from the family and went to Texas, where he was a stranger, to start his business. Struggled there to break into politics because "they could smell the New England on him," but nonetheless made himself a key player in the Texas GOP and worked his way from there.

He was also, by reputation, an honest and hard working guy. Beyond that, he carried himself the way you want someone representing you to carry themselves. And he wasn't impulsive and was a good listener.

A bygone guy from a bygone era. Yeah, he had a silver spoon, but he did something with it.
    Mitt did too but he's a whining khunt.

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,952

I voted for Perot. I actually thought he could win. Then he dropped out and got back in. That said, I was 27. I might be dumber now
    Perot's mistake was picking a functional retard as his VP choice. He was killing it up to the point the Admiral opened his mouth...

• Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

"If the people were to ever find out we have done, they would chase us down the
    street and lynch us"
    - George HW Bush, 1992, the year he betrayed the United States
    and signed on to UN Agenda 21, ceding the sovereignty of the USA to the United Nations.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Perot's mistake was picking a functional retard as his VP choice. He was killing it up to the point the Admiral opened his mouth...

Stockdale was a legit hero. But yeah, couldn't speak worth a damn after what the North Vietnamese did to him.
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

The Clinton 1992 campaign documentary showed how over their heads Begala, Carville, and Stephanopolous were. They actually celebrated when Perot dropped out thinking it would help them. Then somehow Perot got back into the race gee I wonder why and Clinton won with 43%,of the national vote as Perot took at minimum 12% of votes from Bush 1. Would have likely been a Bush 1 win looking at the dates where Perot took the votes from Bush 1, who was an awful President IMO anyhow.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes

I think Trump missed out on a great opportunity for another nickname. I really think I have something in Mopey Maddis.
    LIPO.

Marines I know are going to be really torn on this. They love Mattis, and most if not all are Trump voters.
    That's where I was going generally in the first post. For the first time I can remember, and honest to goodness conservative with real credentials who is figure that plays strong with the base has come out against his former employer. I was wondering, and still wonder, whether it would chip the base.

But then again, as Race points out, the Democrats have rolled out a real retard as a candidate. Hillary, before, was more electable than this clown.
    Fuck Mathis. He’s not a “conservative”...he’s been an undeclared Democrat for years. And fuck him for trying to get us into war in Syria and for being part of the appeasement of Iran. If he had his way we would be knee-deep in Syria right now.

You think we would have nailed Solomani (sp?) if he was still in the administration? Props for ISIS, but TBH any halfway competent military person not hindered by Obama’s policies could have gotten rid of them in short order. It’s not like there was some brilliant strategy involved.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

If people haven't learned Trump is a bumbling childish idiot in the last 4 years they're not going to figure it out in the next 4 months. Trump only has to win Florida and one or two of the other 5 or 6 swing states and he wins. The vast majority of votes under our awesome electoral college system don't matter anymore.

Sounds like you hate Republics and are a fan of mob rule.
    Yes, and?
    It's all fun and games til the mob is hungry and looks at you
    The mob mentality is fucking crazy. I was reading some celebrity gossip to get away from this bullshit and some nobody actress on Glee called out Lea Michele (the main actress on Glee) because she said she would shit in her wig. Of course, the one accusing does it right now, in this heightened time.

Then a bunch of other people calls her out for being a cunt in their work or personal interactions with her. She very well could be a fucking cunt, but the mob mentality got here. Outrage culture over a spoiled Hollywood actress that is a diva and people don’t get why it’s stupid.
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,404
    edited June 2020

You have two choices in this election same as last

Trump voters are no different than any other voter.

If you think Biden is the answer and he gets elected I wont spend 4 years attacking you and calling you vile names

Can't say the same about Biden

Payback is a bitch

I knew BO was the most corrupt President in the history of the country. The facts have shown the light on that. Only a rat liar denies it.

However I never called a dem voter or in the case of BO, a Rep voter, a racist. I never set things on fire, beat innocent Americans half to death, killed people, shot people, pulled people out of their cars and beat them, kicked anyone out of an establishment because they had a BO hat or T-Shirt on, travelled around the world telling foreigners how bad our President was, lie and then try to impeach BO, twice.

That is uniquely democrat behavior.
    Actually, you do that daily for stretches at a time.

As for the rest of your representations, I'll just have to take your word for it; because you seem like the zealous type to me.
    I have never called anyone a racist for voting for BO. I believe liberal policies are racist to their core. That's a big difference. But don't let me take away from your lie that made you get all tingly. Keep pleasuring yourself if you must.

Get your facts straight junior.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

If you think Biden is the answer and he gets elected I wont spend 4 years attacking you and calling you vile names

Payback is a bitch

I knew BO was the most corrupt President in the history of the country. The facts have shown the light on that. Only a rat liar denies it.

However I never called a dem voter or in the case of BO, a Rep voter, a racist. I never set things on fire, beat innocent Americans half to death, killed people, shot people, pulled people out of their cars and beat them, kicked anyone out of an establishment because they had a BO hat or T-Shirt on, travelled around the world telling foreigners how bad our President was, lie and then try to impeach BO, twice.

As for the rest of your representations, I'll just have to take your word for it; because you seem like the zealous type to me.
    I have never called anyone a racist for voting for BO. I believe liberal policies are racist to their core. That's a big difference. But don't let me take away from your lie that made you get all tingly. Keep pleasuring yourself if you must.

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,037

The Clinton 1992 campaign documentary showed how over their heads Begala, Carville, and Stephanopolous were. They actually celebrated when Perot dropped out thinking it would help them. Then somehow Perot got back into the race gee I wonder why and Clinton won with 43%,of the national vote as Perot took at minimum 12% of votes from Bush 1. Would have likely been a Bush 1 win looking at the dates where Perot took the votes from Bush 1, who was an awful President IMO anyhow.
    Perot said he was there to split the vote so Clinton could win.
  • Options

Payback is a bitch

I don't care. You are not someone I care to convince or impress.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Sledog said:

Perot said he was there to split the vote so Clinton could win.
    Perot cost Bush the election on election night. Bush cost Bush the election momentum leading up to the day of voting. No Perot, Bush wins. No Bush screw up on "no new taxes" and Bush wins regardless of Perot. Back then going back on your promise meant something. Now days BO lied over and over to Americans about their healthcare and idiots still voted for him.