Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Serious Question for the Trump Bros

creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
is maintaining loyalty Trump's achilles heel? Mad Dog kept a low profile after his departure. Now he's popping off even without a Rose Bowl.

But does it matter? For the first tim, I'm actually starting to wonder if Trump is vulnerable, even against a complete fucking retard like Biden.

I didn't think the virus would do it. That felt foisted upon us all; and even though I couldn't settle on a view about whether Trump was doing a good job leading us through it (because sometimes I thought he was and other times not), I really didn't think the Hong Kong Flu was going to do him in. Something like a pandemic is intractable and the entire world was dealing with it in a global shit show.

But this thing now is entirely domestic and we?, the country, own it, for better or for worse. Now you have MD talking shit about Trump being divisive. It's early June. We're all going to blink and it's BOOM, we're in late August and everyone's attention will be on that big shift into life in the Fall.

I'm guessing this will all die down, and America's ridiculously short attention span will help Trump in that it'll be behind us by then. If the economy is back en fuego at that poont, I think he beats the Bidentard despite the stumbling. If not, then his foibles could catch up to him. Ironically, I don't think it'll be his best policies that will help him at that point because his best policies are somewhat of an abstraction for the average American. I also think running a heavy handed police force to manage this crisis will be forgiven, too, because the truth is, when the shit hits the fan, the average dip shit wants someone to handle it. The things we toss around here about statists is also an abstraction to the average American. I don't think they'll care. And for Trump to lose, he has to lose part of his base.

Comments

• Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Mattis resigned/was fired because he disagreed with Drumpf’s decision to not go to war in Syria and to bring troops home from Afghanistan. What makes me laugh is The Left now backing Warmonger Mattis who wanted to kill more brown people in the Middle East. Mattis is a military-industrial complex puppet and they aren’t happy they haven’t got more war. Suddenly the Tug Corona Bros agree with Mattis, who wanted to kill more brown people but the racist Drumpf said no.

Does that answer your question?

https://www.npr.org/2018/12/20/623246756/defense-secretary-mattis-to-retire-in-february-trump-says

Defense Secretary Mattis Resigns Amid Syria And Afghanistan Tension

December 20, 20185:31 PM ET
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,728
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You have two choices in this election same as last

Trump voters are no different than any other voter.

If you think Biden is the answer and he gets elected I wont spend 4 years attacking you and calling you vile names

Can't say the same about Biden

Payback is a bitch
  • Options
    Trump was elected because people are sick of the DC establishment. Career warmongers like Mattis and Biden aren’t going to make their case easily.
  • Options

You have two choices in this election same as last

Trump voters are no different than any other voter.

If you think Biden is the answer and he gets elected I wont spend 4 years attacking you and calling you vile names

Can't say the same about Biden

Payback is a bitch

I knew BO was the most corrupt President in the history of the country. The facts have shown the light on that. Only a rat liar denies it.

However I never called a dem voter or in the case of BO, a Rep voter, a racist. I never set things on fire, beat innocent Americans half to death, killed people, shot people, pulled people out of their cars and beat them, kicked anyone out of an establishment because they had a BO hat or T-Shirt on, travelled around the world telling foreigners how bad our President was, lie and then try to impeach BO, twice.

That is uniquely democrat behavior.
    Actually, you do that daily for stretches at a time.

As for the rest of your representations, I'll just have to take your word for it; because you seem like the zealous type to me.
  • Options

Mattis resigned/was fired because he disagreed with Drumpf’s decision to not go to war in Syria and to bring troops home from Afghanistan. What makes me laugh is The Left now backing Warmonger Mattis who wanted to kill more brown people in the Middle East. Mattis is a military-industrial complex puppet and they aren’t happy they haven’t got more war. Suddenly the Tug Corona Bros agree with Mattis, who wanted to kill more brown people but the racist Drumpf said no.

https://www.npr.org/2018/12/20/623246756/defense-secretary-mattis-to-retire-in-february-trump-says

I hear that, but I also think that yours is a subtle point to the average voter. A guy named "Mad Dog" and a military guy? Americans love that kind of character, and Trump let him retire quietly. Trump didn't give him a clever nickname, like Mopey Mattis or some shit, or rake him over the coals. It was "thank you for your service," and the country doesn't view him as some career DC insider. He's a Mad Dog Mattis.

Whatever the Corona Bros believe or don't believe won't matter, because you know they'll vote for Satan himself before supporting Trump.

IDK ... having Mattis come out with this right now seems like it could sting. FWIW, I also think it's REAL shitty timing because the country doesn't need anyone else fanning the flames.
    Mattis’ article will be forgotten by tomorrow. If Biden hits Trump with it during a debate, Trump will say Mad Dog wanted more war in the Middle East, Trump didn’t want to send more troops there to die in an endless war, so Mad Dog “resigned.”

Then Trump points out how Biden allowed Obama to start conflicts with those Muslims in the region and kill thousands there by drones.

It’s a loser for The Left to back Mad Dog.
    Yeah, I could see it playing out that way. People have short memories.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,276
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Whatever the Corona Bros believe or don't believe won't matter, because you know they'll vote for Satan himself before supporting Trump.

Only if he’s on the ballot.
  • Options
    edited June 2020

I hear that, but I also think that yours is a subtle point to the average voter. A guy named "Mad Dog" and a military guy? Americans love that kind of character, and Trump let him retire quietly. Trump didn't give him a clever nickname, like Mopey Mattis or some shit, or rake him over the coals. It was "thank you for your service," and the country doesn't view him as some career DC insider. He's a Mad Dog Mattis.

IDK ... having Mattis come out with this right now seems like it could sting. FWIW, I also think it's REAL shitty timing because the country doesn't need anyone else fanning the flames.
    Mattis’ article will be forgotten by tomorrow. If Biden hits Trump with it during a debate, Trump will say Mad Dog wanted more war in the Middle East, Trump didn’t want to send more troops there to die in an endless war, so Mad Dog “resigned.”

Then Trump points out how Biden allowed Obama to start conflicts with those Muslims in the region and kill thousands there by drones.

It’s a loser for The Left to back Mad Dog.
    Yeah, I could see it playing out that way. People have short memories.
    Nobody will care about Mad Dog by tomorrow and he quit or was fired because he wanted more war and Trump said no and went against that advice. Not the hill to die on for Democrats. A real media would report this to their lemmings, but we have propagandists instead pushing agenda under the false label of “Journalism.”
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

is maintaining loyalty Trump's achilles heel? Mad Dog kept a low profile after his departure. Now he's popping off even without a Rose Bowl.

But does it matter? For the first tim, I'm actually starting to wonder if Trump is vulnerable, even against a complete fucking retard like Biden.

I didn't think the virus would do it. That felt foisted upon us all; and even though I couldn't settle on a view about whether Trump was doing a good job leading us through it (because sometimes I thought he was and other times not), I really didn't think the Hong Kong Flu was going to do him in. Something like a pandemic is intractable and the entire world was dealing with it in a global shit show.

But this thing now is entirely domestic and we?, the country, own it, for better or for worse. Now you have MD talking shit about Trump being divisive. It's early June. We're all going to blink and it's BOOM, we're in late August and everyone's attention will be on that big shift into life in the Fall.

I'm guessing this will all die down, and America's ridiculously short attention span will help Trump in that it'll be behind us by then. If the economy is back en fuego at that poont, I think he beats the Bidentard despite the stumbling. If not, then his foibles could catch up to him. Ironically, I don't think it'll be his best policies that will help him at that point because his best policies are somewhat of an abstraction for the average American. I also think running a heavy handed police force to manage this crisis will be forgiven, too, because the truth is, when the shit hits the fan, the average dip shit wants someone to handle it. The things we toss around here about statists is also an abstraction to the average American. I don't think they'll care. And for Trump to lose, he has to lose part of his base.

Trump is definitely vulnerable.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,555
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I try not to pay attention to this shit until the end of days (just before election).

Post to piss lefties off.

I think Trump wants to lose - vulnerable? tired of all of it is more likely. I don't know many that could take the shit he has for the last 3 years.

I am more concerned that the press just doesn't give a shit about what has happened the last 4 years - their hate for Trumpster is so strong.

Too old to worry about this and what will happen in the next 20 years. Won't affect me unless I am forced to put up 15 illegals on my property.
  • Options
    I think Trump missed out on a great opportunity for another nickname. I really think I have something in Mopey Maddis.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I think Trump missed out on a great opportunity for another nickname. I really think I have something in Mopey Maddis.
    LIPO.

Marines I know are going to be really torn on this. They love Mattis, and most if not all are Trump voters.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,728
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Of course Trump is vulnerable. Any GOP president is. Bush 1 by any measure should have won a second term rather easily. He lost.