Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Who from HH have you met in real life? Who would you want to meet?

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,620
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Shooting for HH most masturbatory circle jerk of all tim with this thread?

I'm In!

Met a shit load of you at the tailgate while serving up the bacon wrapped hot dogs. Sorry not sorry, not going to list all of them.

Notable notables(for better or worse) I've met:

@YellowSnow has actually been to my house and lil' yella piss has interacted with the algorithm for doog bot 2.0. Negotiations for a dowry to produce a new Scandinavian super d1 athlete breeding stock are under way. Expect a sweep in of gold medals in volleyball, womens' basketball, and 100m sprints by lil' doog bot alpha v2.1 in 2068.

@backthepack destroyed my bathroom on the rose bowel. It still smells vaguely of weed, mcD's, spooge, and sorrow.

@Baseman's paid agent went off as planned at the rose bowel. The real baseman contacted me via voice over vpn and had me arrange a group of hollywood actors to portray a normal UW family. The Jack Cobra Browning shirt was delivered by air drop flyover mere hours beforehand.

@Dennis_DeYoung & @CokeGreaterThanPepsi RIP but I had a lot of fun at the tailgate and wish they'd lazarus themselves back here.

@Tequilla is a ton more likable and grounded in real life. I suspect he knows this of his online persona and likes it that way.

@Gladstone very graciously did not swindle me out of my money after the rose bowl. One UW sweatshirt totally worth it!

@LaMichael_Corleone dosed me but didn't have the common courtesy to take advantage of me after that. Online drama aside he seems like a really nice dude who is caught up in way too many online takes. Beach walks prescribed.

@Doog_de_Jour cool as a cucumber in person too. Also, gazangas, that is all.

Some TOP performers I'd like to meet

@Swaye and I are pen pal lovers like in the days of Injun wars. Definitely past dew for a meet and greet where we swap wives in the traditional style.

@dnc is probably just as polite and affable in person as he is on the boards and over the phone. Would love to punch him in the face and end the cycle of bullying.

@RaceBannon has stood me up a number of tims now. Would cover the tab just to have a sit down and laugh about all the idiots in the tug with him and @MikeDamone who has told me that I don't suck.

If @GrundleStiltzkin is in fact a real person I'm not sure how a conversation with two autistic faggot hollowmen would actually go but I would like to find out.

@DerekJohnson would probably be a lot less perturbed by me if we met in person I feel like, or maybe not, maybe he'd be ready to burn me with fire.

@PurpleBaze sends me threatening terrorist pictures of guns and ammo. Will go shooting with him and @HoustonHusky anytime.

@WilburHooksHands seems like he'd be good to catch a game with in that, I'm an internet weirdo but at least I'll have someone to sit with kind of way.

People I'd serve beers and bacon wrapped hot dogs to at another tailgate
    @Pitchfork51 @pawz @salemcoog @MisterEm @Emoterman @LebamDawg @theknowledge @1to392831weretaken @CFetters_Nacho_Lover (again) @creepycoug (almost makes the other list but he's a CUOG!) @huskyhooligan @Mad_Son (maybe I already did? too drunk), @FireCohen @Fire_Marshall_Bill @ntxduck and the other nega ducks can come too.

Others I'd want to meet out of curiosity:
    @SECDAWG @dirtysouwfdawg @obk @puppylove_sugarsteel @Mosster47 @steelheader2

Probably more but whatever, either poast moar or poast better or poast worse if you didn't make the list. I'll pretty much meet anyone from here because I'm not afraid of internet weirdos on a football forum and unlike some of you I learned the difference between real life and an internet forum.

What are you talking about? I’m a narcissistic asshole that is constantly full of himself ... haven’t you heard?
    Anyone who has been on

Ducksrule said:

I played in Dawgman's inaugural golf tournament with Race a zillion years ago at Washington National. My buddy WeBeDucks and the sports reporter from the Seattle Times (great guy, think he went to Atlanta) rounded out the 4-some. Jack and I got the U of O cart. Took lots of shit from everyone, as we were the only Ducks there, in full swag. Best part was sitting right next to Lambright at dinner as they announced our team won low net. Also met Grinolds and Samek at Stanich's in Portland on their way to the Oregon Spring game, but that's a story for another time.

This is all true. Winners win. And Lambo was playing with Fleenor

The reporter was the PI guy Ted Miller

I faded a 4 wood into a par 5 for an eagle in the scramble format. We Be did the rest
    Because the 3 wood or 5 wood wouldn’t do ?
    All the cool kids carry 4 woods anymore.

Except me. I dumped mine for a 16* ,hybrid.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,358
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The 5 wood was a ladies club back in the day, Real men used 1,2,3 irons
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,252
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    My 2 iron is irreplaceable…through many years of “experimentation”, I can slice and hook low around trees with distance when in jail, key to my “bomb and gouge” philosophy…
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fishpo31 said:

My 2 iron is irreplaceable…through many years of “experimentation”, I can slice and hook low around trees with distance when in jail, key to my “bomb and gouge” philosophy…

I've been stubbornly hanging onto my long irons too and for the same reason. It can be windy as fuck here and a low 3 iron from 170 yards has a better chance of dining the green in the wind than a muscled up 5 or 6 iron that goes a mile high.

But...last year I threw a 19* TM rescue in for my 3 iron just to give it a chance. I found that not only is it easier and more accurate on those low trouble shots, it all but eliminated horrible shots when I'm out 200 yards. I might still miss the green, but not by much.

So I just bought a matched set of Srixon ZH 85 hybrids 2-4 and am going to dump the 4 iron too. That's how im starting the season anyways.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,543
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Golfing in Denver years ago had a guy join us and the only metal clubs he had was a putter and a sand wedge, the others were a complete set of woods 1 through 13, no 2 or 4. Had never seen that before or since.

Obviously, he had to have had them specially made.
    IIRC, about the third hole at about 100 yds out or so, he pulls out an 11 wood. I just about shit, no shaking or vomiting, just change the underwear like.
  • Options
    chuck said:

Fishpo31 said:

I've been stubbornly hanging onto my long irons too and for the same reason. It can be windy as fuck here and a low 3 iron from 170 yards has a better chance of dining the green in the wind than a muscled up 5 or 6 iron that goes a mile high.

But...last year I threw a 19* TM rescue in for my 3 iron just to give it a chance. I found that not only is it easier and more accurate on those low trouble shots, it all but eliminated horrible shots when I'm out 200 yards. I might still miss the green, but not by much.

So I just bought a matched set of Srixon ZH 85 hybrids 2-4 and am going to dump the 4 iron too. That's how im starting the season anyways.
    I'm really stubborn with my clubs as well. My parents bought mine for me (Ping Eyes) when I graduated from college, and they are the only set I've owned that weren't hand-me-downs. I do have a 19* rescue that I like, and swapped the 5 wood out for it. Trade out the driver and 3 wood every couple of years...I've seen my friends slowly switch over the past several years to the hybrids, and graphite shafts, but the donkey in me won't let go...
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,358
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My first set was my mom's old Louise Suggs irons
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,334
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The golf superiority guy talk in here is aces.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I pieced my first set together from a pile of old MacGregor blades that were on my Dad's reject pile. I played with them for probably 10 years, teeing off only with a 2 iron, before I finally felt wealthy enough to buy my own stuff. Having learned with those blades, the first time I saw a set of huge, offset Ping irons I wondered if they were for some other sport. I still use blades most of the time, and when I don't they are small cavity backs that look like blades from above and below. It's not a pride thing. I just can't hit big, offset irons. I know I can't the second I get set up and look down at them.
  • Options

I had a used kids set, then got the Louise Suggs set from my mom when I started snapping heads, followed up by my dad's old Sam Snead Blue Ridge blades...
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    chuck said:

I pieced my first set together from a pile of old MacGregor blades that were on my Dad's reject pile. I played with them for probably 10 years, teeing off only with a 2 iron, before I finally felt wealthy enough to buy my own stuff. Having learned with those blades, the first time I saw a set of huge, offset Ping irons I wondered if they were for some other sport. I still use blades most of the time, and when I don't they are small cavity backs that look like blades from above and below. It's not a pride thing. I just can't hit big, offset irons. I know I can't the second I get set up and look down at them.
    It took me about 2 years to feel comfortable with the Pings, but they Eyes were not huge or offset as much as later models. I miss the feeling of pure-ing a blade, and the control you get when hitting it right. Admittedly, it didn't happen often enough, for the most part...
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fishpo31 said:

chuck said:

It took me about 2 years to feel comfortable with the Pings, but they Eyes were not huge or offset as much as later models. I miss the feeling of pure-ing a blade, and the control you get when hitting it right. Admittedly, it didn't happen often enough, for the most part...
    I always picture the Ping Zing irons when I think of older Pings.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    chuck said:

Fishpo31 said:

Anybody else have a similar experience with the hybrids?

I’ve always found it easier to hit my irons out of the rough than my fairway woods (particularly if the ball is sitting down) … but the consistency with the long irons is really hit or miss.

I’m definitely contemplating getting a hybrid and trying one out but just not convinced there’s a ton of utility to add versus my 5 wood
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,334
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

chuck said:

Fishpo31 said:

I’ve always found it easier to hit my irons out of the rough than my fairway woods (particularly if the ball is sitting down) … but the consistency with the long irons is really hit or miss.

I’m definitely contemplating getting a hybrid and trying one out but just not convinced there’s a ton of utility to add versus my 5 wood
    I say if you like your 5-wood and you've played a long time using it and your irons, you probably don't need the hybrids. For me, I couldn't hit a long iron to save my life and the hybrids worked for me just because they seem to be more forgiving. I'm a shitty golfer though, so no superiority guy angle here.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

chuck said:

Fishpo31 said:

I hit everything really high (especially the 5 wood). The 19* hybrid is really good out of tall grass, comes out hot and low, and gives me much more distance than a skyed 5 wood, or a punch out.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

chuck said:

Fishpo31 said:

You'll probably find you get more consistent contact un deep lies with the hybrid, but everyone is different. I have a pretty flat swing so my irons tend to hang up in the rough right ahead of contact. Hybrids glide through better.

I carried a 4 wood as my only FW for a long time. I still have several of them that I'll always keep. It's an amazing club, but my mission with it are worse than with the 16* hybrid, plus it tends to balloon in the wind while the hybrid stays quite low.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    TheHB said:

Tequilla said:

chuck said:

Fishpo31 said:

I say if you like your 5-wood and you've played a long time using it and your irons, you probably don't need the hybrids. For me, I couldn't hit a long iron to save my life and the hybrids worked for me just because they seem to be more forgiving. I'm a shitty golfer though, so no superiority guy angle here.
    I’m very comfortable with my 5 wood off the tee but my woods off the deck can be low bullets or high like off the tee

When I hit my long irons properly they are great … but the consistency isn’t there (particularly if I’m not actively working on them)