Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

FBI investigates death of black man after video shows cop kneeling on his neck

Comments

• Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,276
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Baseman said:

HHusky said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Baseman said:

SFGbob said:

doogie said:

Jesus, bob. It doesn’t fucking Matter!

Rogue cop killed a motorist for a misdemeanor. It’s on fucking tape.

Once the victim was subdued, it was the Obligation of the police TEAM to Guarantee his safety.

End.

Facts matter, they have always mattered. The guy didn't deserve to die but to lie and claim he wasn't resisting doesn't help anything.
    I don't think anyone can dispute the guy resisted, it's the severity of the response and continued violence that's unacceptable -- criminal when it comes down to it.
    It's "criminal" to resist arrest. And what exactly is the correct level of response without being "severe?"

And what should the cops do when that doesn't work? See the problem?

Utopian, 20/20 Hindsight analyses are not getting the job done. These things keep happening because neither side of the encounter is completely innocent and because human beings are never perfect. These kinds of anti-social encounters do not get better by focusing all eyes and efforts on one side of the encounter, especially when deadly force is in play.

Fire all the cops, bust their union and throw them all in jail. And guess what? These things will keep happening.

What we have here is a clear failure to communicate by dumb, belligerent people which escalates into mini-warfare and conquest, and it's not going to stop just by all cops becoming good boys. It may get even worse.
    The power is all on the side of the cops. They're ones with the law behind them. They're the ones with the weapons. They're the ones with the responsibility to get it right.

They're also, incidentally, the ones that are still alive

The onus is completely on the side of the police to get this fixed.
    Nope. That belief and approach is why this keeps happening. Communication is a two way street.

Your position acquiesces in the attitudes and conduct, i.e., non-cooperation and escalation, that turns these encounters deadly.

The cops can be 100% perfect and still have to shoot a guy who resists arrest, and you'll still turn your focus directly on the cops.

There's two-sides to this coin, folks.
    Bullshit.

I've defended the police in multiple of these brouhahas including Ferguson.

When they get it right I'll defend them.

When they don't, I"ll call them out.

They sure as shit didn't get it right in this case.
    Never said they did get it right in this case. But did the perp get it right? Or does it not matter one bit? Does it never take two to Tango? Be real.

Seems to me you're saying it doesn't matter what a perp is doing, the cops have to be right (perfect) or it's always 100% their fault, cause they have the guns and means of control.

I'm also sensing an attitude that cops should just expect and put up with a fight or struggle with black people, cause that's just how they are, history has done them or their ancestors wrong, and we shouldn't expect black guys to cooperate or de-escalate situations. Please tell me that's not the position you're taking here.
    That's one hell of a leap Senator McCarthy.
    Black victim, white officer. It’s like the Bat Signal goes up for blob and Turd to defend the indefensible.
    Yeah but the bigger picture is the cops went too far and killed a man.
    Agreed. And US cops kill far too many civilians every year.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Sledog said:

Baseman said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

Police are trusted with a monopoly on violence in society. Therefore, they are held to a higher standard of conduct than the rest of us. Don't like it? Don't be a cop.

Reason #1,001 why I don't trust the government or anyone who's an authoritarian.

Precisely this. It is a huge transference of power.
    The public doesn't want to be held to any standard.
    Working with the public has its challenges. Becoming a cop is still voluntary.
    Loved my job mostly. Challenges? Not most of the public. But there's some that definitely need need a new attitude. Seems no one taught them manners or civility among other things.

Cops don't want to fight. Too many injuries. That's why we have tools.

FYI there is something of a death syndrome for people on stimulants who die after fighting with the police. They fight like crazy and after you put them in the car there body just shuts down. It's being researched. This guy died of a medical event.
    Sled -- Why not use a Taser in situations like this?
    9th circuit court, in their very finite wisdom, ruled that a Taser is damn near a gun on the use of force continuum. They now have placed it above a baton, Tasers generally work if deployed correctly. The darts need a fairly wide spread for it to be effective. At closer ranges it's not too hot. You can drive stun with the exterior contacts but that is simply pain compliance. It does not have the same effect as properly deployed darts.

We had the "choke hold" actually called the carotid restraint. Worked awesome. That is pretty much gone. looks bad. Some people died later most like because of drugs on board. As I mentioned earlier they are beginning to believe there is a deadly reaction that can occur after the altercation without warning typically involving drugs. Also one of the things effecting Taser use.

Pepper spray works pretty well but often when people are really nutted up and going crazy it doesn't work either. Prior training such as when I started was that if people didn't comply you beat them with your stick until they do. The object was not only to stop the suspect from continuing his actions but keep the officer from being injured. But that begat Rodney King because they didn't hit him hard enough to break something and stop him. Baton targets are normally bones. If yo break his arm, leg, collar bone or a joint they usually don't continue. But that requires hitting them VERY hard. Can't pussy foot around or you end up with Rodeny.

So the next tactic was dog pile them. That got us the crazy homeless guy in Fullerton Ca. death. Crushed him. And may be what happened here. Putting a knee on the neck is a pretty normal activity for a violently combative suspect. If they can talk they are certainly breathing. Normally this is only done long enough to get enough people to physically move the suspect into a car. Sometimes they're so nutted up they have to be strapped to a gurney. We lost the hobble because a few died after it's use.

People die in fights and after fights for a myriad of reasons. My best advice is don't fight with the police! Fighting is dangerous you might get hurt. Snowflakes who have only fought in Call of Duty don't understand the realities.

Sorry but to your point when someone resists arrest, they don't deserve a warm and fuzzy. What's a "wide spread "?
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited May 2020
    dnc said:

HHusky said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Baseman said:

SFGbob said:

doogie said:

Once the victim was subdued, it was the Obligation of the police TEAM to Guarantee his safety.

End.

Facts matter, they have always mattered. The guy didn't deserve to die but to lie and claim he wasn't resisting doesn't help anything.
    I don't think anyone can dispute the guy resisted, it's the severity of the response and continued violence that's unacceptable -- criminal when it comes down to it.
    It's "criminal" to resist arrest. And what exactly is the correct level of response without being "severe?"

Utopian, 20/20 Hindsight analyses are not getting the job done. These things keep happening because neither side of the encounter is completely innocent and because human beings are never perfect. These kinds of anti-social encounters do not get better by focusing all eyes and efforts on one side of the encounter, especially when deadly force is in play.

Fire all the cops, bust their union and throw them all in jail. And guess what? These things will keep happening.

What we have here is a clear failure to communicate by dumb, belligerent people which escalates into mini-warfare and conquest, and it's not going to stop just by all cops becoming good boys. It may get even worse.
    The power is all on the side of the cops. They're ones with the law behind them. They're the ones with the weapons. They're the ones with the responsibility to get it right.

Nope. That belief and approach is why this keeps happening. Communication is a two way street.

Your position acquiesces in the attitudes and conduct, i.e., non-cooperation and escalation, that turns these encounters deadly.

The cops can be 100% perfect and still have to shoot a guy who resists arrest, and you'll still turn your focus directly on the cops.

Bullshit.

Never said they did get it right in this case. But did the perp get it right? Or does it not matter one bit? Does it never take two to Tango? Be real.

Seems to me you're saying it doesn't matter what a perp is doing, the cops have to be right (perfect) or it's always 100% their fault, cause they have the guns and means of control.

I'm also sensing an attitude that cops should just expect and put up with a fight or struggle with black people, cause that's just how they are, history has done them or their ancestors wrong, and we shouldn't expect black guys to cooperate or de-escalate situations. Please tell me that's not the position you're taking here.
    Black victim, white officer. It’s like the Bat Signal goes up for blob and Turd to defend the indefensible.
    Who invited the dumbshit to this discussion?
    People are going to resist arrest. White people, black people, yella people. It's part of the gig when you're a cop. Am I teaching my kids to resist arrest? Of course not. Is it a sound strategy? No.

Butt it's going to happen. And when it does, it doesn't give the officers carte blanche to torture the perp. The officer is supposed to represent the state, keep their emotions in check and follow procedure. I realize that's a lot to ask and not everyone is cut out to be a police officer.

Butt that's what a cop is signing up for. If they can't handle that kind of pressure then there are a million other professions to pursue.
    I agree 100% with this. But using the Kunt logic that the Dazzler and others are using here telling your kids not to resist arrest = you siding with the police in this case and defending the indefensible
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,009
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    It's also clear that a significant percentage of leftards are presuming that there should be no arrest if the perp flees and that if arrested, there should be catch and release unless their is actual violence involved.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,276

It's also clear that a significant percentage of leftards are presuming that there should be no arrest if the perp flees and that if arrested, there should be catch and release unless their is actual violence involved.

That fucker will never forge again! Well said, Gasbag!
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    SFGbob said:

Here's another question for you to dodge like a Kunt Dazzler. Do your odds of being abused by the police increase or decrease when you resist arrest? Been my experience that they increase, greatly. So tell me again Kunt, what's wrong with telling people not to resist arrest?

I am in no way saying that anything these cops did was legal and correct. But knowing that many cops are violent assholes looking to dole out a little street justice whenever the opportunity presents itself, I've always told my kids that if they get arrested or even pulled over by the cops for any reason that they should comply and not resist arrest. Do you tell your kids differently? Yes or no Kunt?

I agree with everything here. Train your kids how Not to get killed by a cop no matter WHAT you were, were not doing. Good advice.

But ripped out of the car for a misdemeanor?

That leads directly into a 4-1 advantage with the perp on the ground, Cuffed.

and Then, THEN! Cop puts his knee on the perps Neck and chokes the fucking life out of him while three OTHER officers give absolutely no care in an otherwise calm environment.

Dude, tyfys but that, is Fucked up.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Bullshit. I haven't seen that anywhere. No one is saying the victim deserved a pass.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,009
    Standard Supporter
    Yeah, no state has a catch and release no bail parole program. No one said that the police should have let the Gentle Giant just go. No one said that the cops shouldn't arrest illegal NYC cigarette sellers who resist arrest.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,005
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Why does this seems to happen mostly in left leaning states controlled by Democrats with black police chiefs, with very left leaning city councils?

These are the same people who want haul a citizen to jail for opening their store. Resist going to jail opening your store, end up dead. Leftists wet dream.

This politicians support civil disobedience. They hate the police. Simple fact.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,554
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

That fucker will never forge again! Well said, Gasbag!
    you keep citing the good news in these cases
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Yeah, no state has a catch and release no bail parole program. No one said that the police should have let the Gentle Giant just go. No one said that the cops shouldn't arrest illegal NYC cigarette sellers who resist arrest.

I haven't said it here, in this thread, but I've said it elsewhere: if the choice truly were to either choke Garner out or let him go and catch him another day, given the offense, yeah, let him go. Sure, the risk of him illegally selling cigarettes, dangerous to the public though that may be, would persist until you found him again; but, call me crazy, weighing the merits I'd go with not choking someone to death.

The police have to exercise judgment. It's inevitable. And like all of us who exercise judgment, we are prone to be second guessed.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753

SFGbob said:

doogie said:

End.

Have you ever heard the phrase "that's beside the point"?

Learn it, love it, live it.
    You don't get it, dude. That's exactly why this shit keeps happening.
  • Options
    doogie said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Bob still wanting to kill cuffed black men on the ground?

The soft authoritarianism of low expectations.
    Do you encourage your kids and or your clients to resist arrest Dazzler? Would you resist arrest? Why not?

The cops are always professionals right? So why not resist?
    Cuz I’m really no match for 4 doughnut stuffed thugs.
    Dazzler with the Kunt dodge.
    Once the suspect is subdued, a cop’s gotta vent.
    With 4 cops there all whom appear calm, once the cuffs were on, can’t the cop with his knee on throat simply tap out to one of the other three and walk away?

Why don’t the other cops seem to give One fuck about the condition of the man in the ground?
    Yes, he clearly should've removed himself from the encounter at that point, he's a fuck for not doing so, and he's in deep shit that's only just begun. That said, these after-the-fact referee calls aren't doing shit about stopping these violent encounters.

I'd rather see less dead guys than more cops getting in trouble, but that's just me.

I know that sounds weird to the authoritarians and cop-haters, but I'm sure the guy's family would rather have him home, with a DWS or DUI than at the funeral home while they plan their lawsuits.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    There is no way to Legislate or bureaucratize this type of incident away. This cannot be the first incident with these 4 clowns.

Make an example out of them.
  • Options
    dnc said:

HHusky said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Baseman said:

SFGbob said:

doogie said:

End.

Bullshit.

People are going to resist arrest. White people, black people, yella people. It's part of the gig when you're a cop. Am I teaching my kids to resist arrest? Of course not. Is it a sound strategy? No.

Butt it's going to happen. And when it does, it doesn't give the officers carte blanche to torture the perp. The officer is supposed to represent the state, keep their emotions in check and follow procedure. I realize that's a lot to ask and not everyone is cut out to be a police officer.

Butt that's what a cop is signing up for. If they can't handle that kind of pressure then there are a million other professions to pursue.
    A lot of my family were LEOs, including a local County Sheriff. My black sheep Brother-In-Law was a war-protesting "long-hair" hippie BITD (along with @RaceBannon, I'm sure) and constantly got beat on for mouthing off to cops and not following their commands. He finally learned to keep his mouth shut and comply after a copy kicked him in the ass so hard he could barely walk for a week.

Was the cop wrong to do that? Yes. Did it matter? No. Did he ever want to feel that way again? Fuck no.

So my brother-in-law decided to start cooperating with the cops instead of fighting them or refusing their orders and guess what? Never got arrested or had any legal problems again.

Society needs cops. There's no way around it. They're a necessary evil we gotta deal with. Many, if not most, Seattle Cops are fucking Dicks, but am I gonna start shit with them? No.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    SFGbob said:

Bob still wanting to kill cuffed black men on the ground?

Yeah, I said that right after you said you want to fuck him in the ass while he is cuffed on the ground.

• Options
    dnc said:

HHusky said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Baseman said:

SFGbob said:

doogie said:

End.

Bullshit.

Seriously, @dnc, I don't see anyone arguing that point. Strawman argument. And you know how inhinged SFGBob gets about those.
  • Options
    Your brother in law was never choked to death while in cuffs in custody while 3 other cops didn’t give a flying fuck.

Sort of the issue here.
  • Options
    Baseman said:

HHusky said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Baseman said:

SFGbob said:

doogie said:

End.

Bullshit.

Amen.
  • Options
    HHusky said:

Baseman said:

HHusky said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Baseman said:

SFGbob said:

doogie said:

End.

Bullshit.

Agreed. And US cops kill far too many civilians every year.
    Except for one Royal Pain in the Ass they haven't gotten yet.