Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

FBI investigates death of black man after video shows cop kneeling on his neck

Comments

• Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited May 2020
    SFGbob said:

doogie said:

Bob, don’t be a Dick.

Go fuck yourself. You said I was making up my own facts. Don't be a fucking liar.
    No Bob, I didn’t.

Don’t be a dick.

The video didn’t lie.

There is no explanation for the justification of this Murder. OR the lack of preventative action by the accessories to this Murder.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

Appears to be, they sure are struggling with him to get the cuffs on. What transpires between that video and him ending up on the ground.

>

Now would be a Great time for you, bob, to introduce What Transpires Between That Video and Him Ending Up On The Ground.

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,780
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,477
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Baseman said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

Police are trusted with a monopoly on violence in society. Therefore, they are held to a higher standard of conduct than the rest of us. Don't like it? Don't be a cop.

Reason #1,001 why I don't trust the government or anyone who's an authoritarian.

Precisely this. It is a huge transference of power.
    The public doesn't want to be held to any standard.
    Working with the public has its challenges. Becoming a cop is still voluntary.
    Loved my job mostly. Challenges? Not most of the public. But there's some that definitely need need a new attitude. Seems no one taught them manners or civility among other things.

Cops don't want to fight. Too many injuries. That's why we have tools.

FYI there is something of a death syndrome for people on stimulants who die after fighting with the police. They fight like crazy and after you put them in the car there body just shuts down. It's being researched. This guy died of a medical event.
    Sled -- Why not use a Taser in situations like this?
    9th circuit court, in their very finite wisdom, ruled that a Taser is damn near a gun on the use of force continuum. They now have placed it above a baton, Tasers generally work if deployed correctly. The darts need a fairly wide spread for it to be effective. At closer ranges it's not too hot. You can drive stun with the exterior contacts but that is simply pain compliance. It does not have the same effect as properly deployed darts.

We had the "choke hold" actually called the carotid restraint. Worked awesome. That is pretty much gone. looks bad. Some people died later most like because of drugs on board. As I mentioned earlier they are beginning to believe there is a deadly reaction that can occur after the altercation without warning typically involving drugs. Also one of the things effecting Taser use.

Pepper spray works pretty well but often when people are really nutted up and going crazy it doesn't work either. Prior training such as when I started was that if people didn't comply you beat them with your stick until they do. The object was not only to stop the suspect from continuing his actions but keep the officer from being injured. But that begat Rodney King because they didn't hit him hard enough to break something and stop him. Baton targets are normally bones. If yo break his arm, leg, collar bone or a joint they usually don't continue. But that requires hitting them VERY hard. Can't pussy foot around or you end up with Rodeny.

So the next tactic was dog pile them. That got us the crazy homeless guy in Fullerton Ca. death. Crushed him. And may be what happened here. Putting a knee on the neck is a pretty normal activity for a violently combative suspect. If they can talk they are certainly breathing. Normally this is only done long enough to get enough people to physically move the suspect into a car. Sometimes they're so nutted up they have to be strapped to a gurney. We lost the hobble because a few died after it's use.

People die in fights and after fights for a myriad of reasons. My best advice is don't fight with the police! Fighting is dangerous you might get hurt. Snowflakes who have only fought in Call of Duty don't understand the realities.

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,780
    edited May 2020
    dnc said:

Baseman said:

SFGbob said:

doogie said:

Jesus, bob. It doesn’t fucking Matter!

Rogue cop killed a motorist for a misdemeanor. It’s on fucking tape.

Once the victim was subdued, it was the Obligation of the police TEAM to Guarantee his safety.

End.

Facts matter, they have always mattered. The guy didn't deserve to die but to lie and claim he wasn't resisting doesn't help anything.
    I don't think anyone can dispute the guy resisted, it's the severity of the response and continued violence that's unacceptable -- criminal when it comes down to it.
    It's "criminal" to resist arrest. And what exactly is the correct level of response without being "severe?"

And what should the cops do when that doesn't work? See the problem?

Utopian, 20/20 Hindsight analyses are not getting the job done. These things keep happening because neither side of the encounter is completely innocent and because human beings are never perfect. These kinds of anti-social encounters do not get better by focusing all eyes and efforts on one side of the encounter, especially when deadly force is in play.

Fire all the cops, bust their union and throw them all in jail. And guess what? These things will keep happening.

What we have here is a clear failure to communicate by dumb, belligerent people which escalates into mini-warfare and conquest, and it's not going to stop just by all cops becoming good boys. It may get even worse.
    The power is all on the side of the cops. They're ones with the law behind them. They're the ones with the weapons. They're the ones with the responsibility to get it right.

They're also, incidentally, the ones that are still alive

The onus is completely on the side of the police to get this fixed.
    Nope. That belief and approach is why this keeps happening. Communication is a two way street.

Your position acquiesces in the attitudes and conduct, i.e., non-cooperation and escalation, that turns these encounters deadly.

The cops can be 100% perfect and still have to shoot a guy who resists arrest, and you'll still turn your focus directly on the cops.

There's two-sides to this coin, folks.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,477
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited May 2020
    dnc said:

Baseman said:

SFGbob said:

doogie said:

Once the victim was subdued, it was the Obligation of the police TEAM to Guarantee his safety.

End.

Facts matter, they have always mattered. The guy didn't deserve to die but to lie and claim he wasn't resisting doesn't help anything.
    I don't think anyone can dispute the guy resisted, it's the severity of the response and continued violence that's unacceptable -- criminal when it comes down to it.
    It's "criminal" to resist arrest. And what exactly is the correct level of response without being "severe?"

Utopian, 20/20 Hindsight analyses are not getting the job done. These things keep happening because neither side of the encounter is completely innocent and because human beings are never perfect. These kinds of anti-social encounters do not get better by focusing all eyes and efforts on one side of the encounter, especially when deadly force is in play.

Fire all the cops, bust their union and throw them all in jail. And guess what? These things will keep happening.

What we have here is a clear failure to communicate by dumb, belligerent people which escalates into mini-warfare and conquest, and it's not going to stop just by all cops becoming good boys. It may get even worse.
    The power is all on the side of the cops. They're ones with the law behind them. They're the ones with the weapons. They're the ones with the responsibility to get it right.

Sorry but individuals share just as much responsibility and actually more because they started it!

If your actions require a police response you might not be acting normally.

I always loved sticking liberal loud mouths into the simulator and have them shoot EVERYONE.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    doogie said:

SFGbob said:

doogie said:

Bob, don’t be a Dick.

Go fuck yourself. You said I was making up my own facts. Don't be a fucking liar.
    No Bob, I didn’t.

Don’t be a dick.

The video didn’t lie.

There is no explanation for the justification of this Murder. OR the lack of preventative action by the accessories to this Murder.
    Yeah you did you fucking liar.

Great bob, Now would be the perfect time for you to produce your special set of facts

And I'm not making any justification for murder. So you can take your dick out of that strawman's ass right now.

It would be great if we lived in a world where cops were 100% professional and never engaged in excessive force and brutality. But since we don't live in that fantasy land I'd tell everyone that when you resist arrest, you're only increasing your chances of being abused by the cops.

This guy would be alive today if the cops he encountered were 100% professional but he has no control over that. The one thing he did have control over was whether to resist or not resist his arrest. Yes, the cops should be prosecuted but that provides little comfort to the dead guy.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

Baseman said:

SFGbob said:

doogie said:

End.

Nope. That belief and approach is why this keeps happening. Communication is a two way street.

Your position acquiesces in the attitudes and conduct, i.e., non-cooperation and escalation, that turns these encounters deadly.

The cops can be 100% perfect and still have to shoot a guy who resists arrest, and you'll still turn your focus directly on the cops.

There's two-sides to this coin, folks.
    Bullshit.

I've defended the police in multiple of these brouhahas including Ferguson.

When they get it right I'll defend them.

When they don't, I"ll call them out.

They sure as shit didn't get it right in this case.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    doogie said:

SFGbob said:

Appears to be, they sure are struggling with him to get the cuffs on. What transpires between that video and him ending up on the ground.

>

Now would be a Great time for you, bob, to introduce What Transpires Between That Video and Him Ending Up On The Ground.

I don't know, I haven't seen that video, have you? Unlike you sidewalk lawyers I'm not a mind reader nor clairvoyant.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    SFGbob said:

doogie said:

SFGbob said:

doogie said:

Bob, don’t be a Dick.

No Bob, I didn’t.

Don’t be a dick.

The video didn’t lie.

Great bob, Now would be the perfect time for you to produce your special set of facts

And I'm not making any justification for murder. So you can take your dick out of that strawman's ass right now.

It would be great if we lived in a world where cops were 100% professional and never engaged in excessive force and brutality. But since we don't live in that fantasy land I'd tell everyone that when you resist arrest, you're only increasing your chances of being abused by the cops.

This guy would be alive today if the cops he encountered were 100% professional but he has no control over that. The one thing he did have control over was whether to resist or not resist his arrest. Yes, the cops should be prosecuted but that provides little comfort to the dead guy.
    Bob, I quoted you verbatim.

I’m lying?

Why can’t you simply Go ask your wife if she’ll let you Borrow Your Balls for a few minutes, reread what you wrote and either

1. Defend this Murder By Cop(S) you think is justified or

2. Man up and admit you misread what was actually written?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    doogie said:

SFGbob said:

doogie said:

SFGbob said:

doogie said:

Bob, don’t be a Dick.

No Bob, I didn’t.

Don’t be a dick.

The video didn’t lie.

Bob, I quoted you verbatim.

I’m lying?

Why can’t you simply Go ask your wife if she’ll let you Borrow Your Balls for a few minutes, reread what you wrote and either

1. Defend this Murder By Cop(S) you think is justified or

2. Man up and admit you misread what was actually written?
    Fuck off, I didn't make up any facts you lying piece of crap. I've stated repeatedly that this killing wasn't justified in any way. I just stated that you increase your chances of being a victim of unjustified abuse by the police when you resist arrest.
  • Options
    Focus, Bob.

I’ll take that as an admission

We Good!
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    What facts are there to support race played a part in this incident of police brutality? Is is it just assumed and accepted by the super woke crowd?
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    SFGbob said:

doogie said:

End.

Have you ever heard the phrase "that's beside the point"?

Learn it, love it, live it.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

What facts are there to support race played a part in this incident of police brutality? Is is it just assumed and accepted by the super woke crowd?

It's as plain as the nose on your face. White supremacy was the motive, despite the fact that one of the cop's looks Asian and one looks black. They aren't really black or Asian, just ask Biden.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,482
    Standard Supporter
    Bob still wanting to kill cuffed black men on the ground?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Yeah, I said that right after you said you want to fuck him in the ass while he is cuffed on the ground.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,356

The soft authoritarianism of low expectations.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited May 2020
    HHusky said:

The soft authoritarianism of low expectations.
    Do you encourage your kids and or your clients to resist arrest Dazzler? Would you resist arrest? Why not?

The cops are always professionals right? So why not resist?