Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

You're a fucking loser if you want this to continue

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,545 Swaye's Wigwam

The other thing that pissed me off about this virus is all the pussies hiding behind science. Science is wrong all the fucking time. Take your fucking graphs and projections and shove em up your ass.

There is so much that goes into AI and statistical modeling that as soon as people start doing 180's on it on a week to week basis you know that the data and assumptions+algos fed in is based off of unprecedented shit and people are just making semi educated guesses. There are variables introduced into this that are completely wrong at this point.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,055 Founders Club
    HHusky said:

It is liberals that are stuck on the “every death matters” bullshit.

I agree that it’s a very stupid piece of rhetoric, but literally no one believes it and no one really thinks the economy should be shut down to prevent every death. The actions taken with respect to Covid-19 were in the face of projections of 2 million deaths. That would imply tens of millions of cases as well. That kind of outcome would also have been devastating to the economy.

It would also have overwhelmed our healthcare, which is overwhelmed as it is with only a fraction of the cases we would be seeing had we done nothing.
    Komo4buttfucker

https://komonews.com/news/coronavirus/hospitals-sitting-idle-amid-pandemic-plead-with-inslee-to-let-them-reopen

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,545 Swaye's Wigwam
    pawz said:

HHusky said:

I agree that it’s a very stupid piece of rhetoric, but literally no one believes it and no one really thinks the economy should be shut down to prevent every death. The actions taken with respect to Covid-19 were in the face of projections of 2 million deaths. That would imply tens of millions of cases as well. That kind of outcome would also have been devastating to the economy.

It would also have overwhelmed our healthcare, which is overwhelmed as it is with only a fraction of the cases we would be seeing had we done nothing.
    Komo4buttfucker

https://komonews.com/news/coronavirus/hospitals-sitting-idle-amid-pandemic-plead-with-inslee-to-let-them-reopen

Despite our dumb fuck governor (go daWgs) and some shitty politics, Washington is a great state with a lot of hard working sons of bitches. Plus Washington got into this early and is therefore getting out of this early. Thank God.
  • BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,857 Standard Supporter
    salemcoog said:

ramenduck said:

As if anybody WANTS this to continue. JFC.

Yes yes yes TF. All Trump had to do was mention 3 weeks ago that at some point soon we had to get back to work and your fellow rats in DC and the msm, were all over him calling him irresponsible, blah, blah, blah. It sure didn't sound or look like any of your brethren wanted anything to do with it.

Just try and be honest here for a second Thomas. Trump could say the sky is blue and water is wet and you rats would lie your asses off in an attempt claim the opposite.
    Lying dipshit demands honesty.

Take the bet, you worthless gaping pussy.
    I support this.
    How old is Ramen? I mean, if the idiot wants to prove that I lied about The Bitch, he can get busy. I don't bet with kids over stupid stuff like this. Get busy jr. You don't need to be playing with mommy's money like this.
  • BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,857 Standard Supporter

HHusky said:

A shitload of beds weren’t needed. Centurylink was set up with a bunch of beds. Since they weren’t used, everyone in politics got to pat themselves on the back for implementing quarantine.

Nobody knew what the fuck they were talking about the whole time. It wasn’t nearly as bad as expected because nobody knew and fear mongering, outrage, and trying to limit public outrage is the common MO for both media and politics.

Don’t go crazy with shaking hands, wash your hands, fuck wear a mask if it makes you more comfortable.

Just open it the fuck up and get back to normal. It’s obvious that it got blown way the fuck outta proportion. Good on being safe. Now reverse some of the damage sooner, by getting back to normal.
    I see where the press is now blaming Trump for the excessive waste of money in NY. Como blamed the CDC and the task force for wrong projections yesterday. First it was that he should have taken better care of NY, now he is being blamed for doing too much.

If it wasn't so pathetic, the lefts blatant hypocrisy and dishonesty would be funny.

I do believe that in the end, this thing is going to need to be looked at real hard. How many billions were wasted. How some states like NY weren't prepared at all. The rights of citizens directly under control of the Governors. How businesses are declared "essential" and why is it OK to risk the lives of millions who work at those essential businesses but our congressional politicians are quarantined.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,635 Standard Supporter

I told you that when the left started blaming Trump for the shut down instead of taking credit for it like the governors were, it'd be over

You mean Trump didn't shut down fishing in the Evergreen State?!?!

• doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    is clamming still open?
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,209 Standard Supporter
    This appears to have been circulating longer than we know and is more widespread than previously thought. You can't put this genie back in the bottle since so many have it with zero symptoms.

Open the country!
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Mom died in Nov of a “Mysterious Pneumonia” she contracted at Life Care Center while battling a half dozen other ailments. It was sweeping thru her floor and there were Strict access and hand washing protocols in place. I was told to gown up with gloves and a face shield. Did it once. Got the “Mysterious” about a week after she died. Got a Zpack from Urgent care when I couldn’t breathe.

I pulled thru and don’t really notice the mental and emotional damage it caused very much.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,049 Standard Supporter
    doogie said:

HHusky said:

cooped up at home seems to be taking its toll on you.
    The Counselor had his toll taken decades ago.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,799 Founders Club
    I've likened this to a war. As the war got started, America and most of the free world took the strategy of sitting behind the walls of our castle/fort and let the virus camp outside and slowly starve and choke us out. Historically this is a loser tactic that just makes you skinny and weak when the enemy breaks down your walls. I agreed with the shelter tactic for a while to keep the hospitals in check. Mission accomplished. Great job team. I think after a month of shutdown we should have kept sheltered and safe in place for our "at risk" population and gone on the offensive instead of doubling down. When the allies stormed Normandy do you think that the generals didn't know that thousands of troops would be cut down as soon as they got off the boat? Every war has casualties. Before you say that civilians aren't troops you can fuck off. As soon as the virus was wide spread in this country we were an occupied country and were enlisted in the fight. See: 22 million jobless, masks on every American and parks, beaches and fishing boats empty. When the states stepped on our rights as a tactic in the war we were officially drafted in the fight. Most Americans took the drafting like good soldiers. Did our part as soldiers in this war with minimal complaint. It's now time to go on the offensive and take some losses for the greater good. Let's get back to work!
    A war started by the chicoms.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    edited April 2020

The other thing that pissed me off about this virus is all the pussies hiding behind science. Science is wrong all the fucking time. Take your fucking graphs and projections and shove em up your ass.

No it isn't. Science is right - people interpret it wrong. That's because people are dumb. You don't launch a rocket to the moon by pointing it at a spot in the sky and trusting your gut. You do science. And if something goes wrong, it's not the science that failed - it's the asshole who decided to launch the shuttle on a frosty morning so the teacher onboard could have a telecon with the president later.

Science isn't dumb, the people that do it, trust it, interpret it, and use it to make decisions are.
    Pretty sure that was RD's point. Unfortunately it's mainly the leftards that don't care about the science. The young earthers don't cost me a dime. The green gaia religionists cost me thousands a year.