Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

You're a fucking loser if you want this to continue

Comments

• HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,405

HHusky said:

As if anybody WANTS this to continue. JFC.

Honestly, I see some emotional attachment to the crisis. People like to have a cause.
    Agreed.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/in-trumps-liberate-tweets-extremists-see-a-call-to-arms/ar-BB12NQ0h?ocid=spartandhp
    What can I say? Some people have a deep emotional attachment to civil rights.
    Not to mention dreams of killing people who disagree with them.
  • ramenduckramenduck Member Posts: 734
    edited April 2020

Yes yes yes TF. All Trump had to do was mention 3 weeks ago that at some point soon we had to get back to work and your fellow rats in DC and the msm, were all over him calling him irresponsible, blah, blah, blah. It sure didn't sound or look like any of your brethren wanted anything to do with it.

Just try and be honest here for a second Thomas. Trump could say the sky is blue and water is wet and you rats would lie your asses off in an attempt claim the opposite.
    Lying dipshit demands honesty.

Take the bet, you worthless gaping pussy.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,306
    HHusky said:

Honestly, I see some emotional attachment to the crisis. People like to have a cause.
    Agreed.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/in-trumps-liberate-tweets-extremists-see-a-call-to-arms/ar-BB12NQ0h?ocid=spartandhp
    Plate carrier too low
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

Swaye said:

It's obvious civil unrest is growing. I don't think the government can push this very far into May without some serious backlash.

Agree. 3 weeks ago people were trying to be reasonable about this. 22M jobless number and reasonable starts to go out the window. The piles of bodies never appeared, but the soup kitchens have. Another month and you are going to see Michigan times 50 all over the country.
    Yu still see people (hi @Meek ) talkniing smack about protestors in Michigan and the like. Magatards and all that

Incredible. A nation of sheeple
    I like to tell customers when they do that shit in my line at work that these are paycheck to paycheck people that are scared and broke as fuck. The unemployment checks aren't coming in and they want to go back to work. There aren't a lot of tech jobs in middle America where people work from home, have money and can continue to hire laborers to put on a roof, build a deck, grade a driveway of whatever people are doing while sitting at home and looking at stuff they hate around their house. A little empathy goes a long way and this country is so divisive to one another that sometimes I can't help but make people feel a little bad for living in a liberal bubble here in Western Washington. I'm a pretty political straight shooter. I stay right near the middle and points made by both sides are points I can agree with, but when someone who lives on the far right or left starts blathering on about the other side I lose my pleasant grocer facade. Put people back to work, that I can get behind. Fucking Kriest.
    I’m literally doing that. 😆
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,049 Standard Supporter
    Tommy certainly doesn't want anything to change with the chicoms. There is no dem candidate who would put America first.

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,466 Founders Club

haie said:

It's obvious civil unrest is growing. I don't think the government can push this very far into May without some serious backlash.

I thought a boiling point would come mid April; it's lasted longer because of the Harry Potter collector's edition clutching losers claiming that no one understands the maff, but it's coming before the end of the month.
    In limp-wristed NW Washington, I felt an undercurrent shift yesterday.
    Many more cars on the roads since last Friday
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,049 Standard Supporter
    Ditto in Portland. Some people want to live. Some want to cower. Some want to rule.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,466 Founders Club

haie said:

I thought a boiling point would come mid April; it's lasted longer because of the Harry Potter collector's edition clutching losers claiming that no one understands the maff, but it's coming before the end of the month.
    Drove by a waterfront today and it was packed. Almost like a normal day. There has been a shift. You can only tell people Americans to stay home for so long.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,209 Standard Supporter

Swaye said:

Agree. 3 weeks ago people were trying to be reasonable about this. 22M jobless number and reasonable starts to go out the window. The piles of bodies never appeared, but the soup kitchens have. Another month and you are going to see Michigan times 50 all over the country.
    Yu still see people (hi @Meek ) talkniing smack about protestors in Michigan and the like. Magatards and all that

Incredible. A nation of sheeple
    I like to tell customers when they do that shit in my line at work that these are paycheck to paycheck people that are scared and broke as fuck. The unemployment checks aren't coming in and they want to go back to work. There aren't a lot of tech jobs in middle America where people work from home, have money and can continue to hire laborers to put on a roof, build a deck, grade a driveway of whatever people are doing while sitting at home and looking at stuff they hate around their house. A little empathy goes a long way and this country is so divisive to one another that sometimes I can't help but make people feel a little bad for living in a liberal bubble here in Western Washington. I'm a pretty political straight shooter. I stay right near the middle and points made by both sides are points I can agree with, but when someone who lives on the far right or left starts blathering on about the other side I lose my pleasant grocer facade. Put people back to work, that I can get behind. Fucking Kriest.
    It's ok to starve and get evicted and tossed into the street. You can die from that but the corona didn't get you!
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072

Yes yes yes TF. All Trump had to do was mention 3 weeks ago that at some point soon we had to get back to work and your fellow rats in DC and the msm, were all over him calling him irresponsible, blah, blah, blah. It sure didn't sound or look like any of your brethren wanted anything to do with it.

Just try and be honest here for a second Thomas. Trump could say the sky is blue and water is wet and you rats would lie your asses off in an attempt claim the opposite.
    I said nobody WANTS this to continue. Nobody wants to be stuck at home. Nobody wants to lose their job or struggle financially. And I guarantee nobody wants to die.

That doesn’t mean we can just go back to normal and pretend nothing happened.

Sounds like you need to learn the difference.
    Wrong. You either want the virus to continue perpetually and sadistically watch the economy crumble, or it's time to open the gates, put granny out to pasture, and pick the 3% of children for the ritual sacrifice of the Wuhan clan.

This is no time for kumbaya enlightened centrism.
    flaming drama, anyone?
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072

haie said:

Drove by a waterfront today and it was packed. Almost like a normal day. There has been a shift. You can only tell people to stay home for so long.
    Soon, the huddled masses will be embarrassed to tell their friends they’re still hiding out at home.
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,405
    edited April 2020

It is liberals that are stuck on the “every death matters” bullshit.

I agree that it’s a very stupid piece of rhetoric, but literally no one believes it and no one really thinks the economy should be shut down to prevent every death. The actions taken with respect to Covid-19 were in the face of projections of 2 million deaths. That would imply tens of millions of cases as well. That kind of outcome would also have been devastating to the economy.

It would also have overwhelmed our healthcare, which is overwhelmed as it is with only a fraction of the cases we would be seeing had we done nothing.