Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

You're a fucking loser if you want this to continue

Comments

• LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,667 Standard Supporter
    haie said:

Obviously (fucking painful this actually needs to be explained to some dipshits) those with kids and elderly/vulnerable aren't forced to go out if they still don't feel safe. Even when they open up most of the non essentials there will still be a lot of people making that decision. Tech employees and other industries that can will stay remote for as long as possible.

So people claiming this is a death knell are full of shit.

you mean - just like the flu season? that is kind of scary to try and teach a society coming out after a pandemic
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,635 Standard Supporter

Swaye said:

It's obvious civil unrest is growing. I don't think the government can push this very far into May without some serious backlash.

Agree. 3 weeks ago people were trying to be reasonable about this. 22M jobless number and reasonable starts to go out the window. The piles of bodies never appeared, but the soup kitchens have. Another month and you are going to see Michigan times 50 all over the country.
    Yu still see people (hi @Meek ) talkniing smack about protestors in Michigan and the like. Magatards and all that

Incredible. A nation of sheeple
    I like to tell customers when they do that shit in my line at work that these are paycheck to paycheck people that are scared and broke as fuck. The unemployment checks aren't coming in and they want to go back to work. There aren't a lot of tech jobs in middle America where people work from home, have money and can continue to hire laborers to put on a roof, build a deck, grade a driveway of whatever people are doing while sitting at home and looking at stuff they hate around their house. A little empathy goes a long way and this country is so divisive to one another that sometimes I can't help but make people feel a little bad for living in a liberal bubble here in Western Washington. I'm a pretty political straight shooter. I stay right near the middle and points made by both sides are points I can agree with, but when someone who lives on the far right or left starts blathering on about the other side I lose my pleasant grocer facade. Put people back to work, that I can get behind. Fucking Kriest.
    I kinda got a boner reading that.

Not a gay boner. Let’s be clear about that.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    HHusky said:

It is liberals that are stuck on the “every death matters” bullshit.

I agree that it’s a very stupid piece of rhetoric, but literally no one believes it and no one really thinks the economy should be shut down to prevent every death. The actions taken with respect to Covid-19 were in the face of projections of 2 million deaths. That would imply tens of millions of cases as well. That kind of outcome would also have been devastating to the economy.

It would also have overwhelmed our healthcare, which is overwhelmed as it is with only a fraction of the cases we would be seeing had we done nothing.
    cooped up at home seems to be taking its toll on you.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,486 Standard Supporter
    Baseman said:

HHusky said:

I agree that it’s a very stupid piece of rhetoric, but literally no one believes it and no one really thinks the economy should be shut down to prevent every death. The actions taken with respect to Covid-19 were in the face of projections of 2 million deaths. That would imply tens of millions of cases as well. That kind of outcome would also have been devastating to the economy.

It would also have overwhelmed our healthcare, which is overwhelmed as it is with only a fraction of the cases we would be seeing had we done nothing.
    A shitload of beds weren’t needed. Centurylink was set up with a bunch of beds. Since they weren’t used, everyone in politics got to pat themselves on the back for implementing quarantine.

Nobody knew what the fuck they were talking about the whole time. It wasn’t nearly as bad as expected because nobody knew and fear mongering, outrage, and trying to limit public outrage is the common MO for both media and politics.

Don’t go crazy with shaking hands, wash your hands, fuck wear a mask if it makes you more comfortable. Just open it the fuck up and get back to normal.
    Fair and Balanced. Twatters You Can Trust
    I was right.
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,405

HHusky said:

Outside of NYC metro, is it?
    Yes. Many places besides NYC actually.

HHusky said:

Outside of NYC metro, is it?
    Yes. Many places besides NYC actually.
    Bob_C said:

HHusky said:

Except no one that looked at like 3 data points believed that.
    There is actually very little reason to disbelieve it. In any event, most governors and Daddy believed it.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    ramenduck said:

As if anybody WANTS this to continue. JFC.

Yes yes yes TF. All Trump had to do was mention 3 weeks ago that at some point soon we had to get back to work and your fellow rats in DC and the msm, were all over him calling him irresponsible, blah, blah, blah. It sure didn't sound or look like any of your brethren wanted anything to do with it.

Just try and be honest here for a second Thomas. Trump could say the sky is blue and water is wet and you rats would lie your asses off in an attempt claim the opposite.
    Lying dipshit demands honesty.

Take the bet, you worthless gaping pussy.
    I support this.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    HHusky said:

You’ve got problems. And this comes from another guy that knows He’s got problems too.