Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Eastside Catholic stuff

Comments

• Options
    CheeseDawgCheeseDawg Member Posts: 10
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    I don’t think it’s been reported because the police report was blocked right? Was the blocking of the report the cover up attempt?
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,301
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Apparently the Sheriff's department complied with the FOIA request to KING5, just not the Times. So it wasn't entirely blocked.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Forget the myths the media has created about the Eastside stakeholders. The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand. The truth eventually comes out. Follow the money
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,086
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

This is honestly something that could blow up HUGE in the next couple days/weeks.

If I was a journalist, especially for an indie paper like the Stranger or Weekly, I'd be getting my Pulitzer game on. You have a private Catholic high school that just entered the shady high school recruiting game a few years ago and became the state football powerhouse. You have an alleged rape of an underage public school girl involving several football players. You have an obvious coverup attempt, a coach quitting, legal threats made to journalists, and potential involvement of a local media member. Theres also a delicate racial aspect to this and the fact that it's been known about for a year but never really reported.

It'll be interesting

• Options
    edited April 2020

Did a search for Ayden Hector, a Stanford link is one of the first 5 our so. Here is what it shows:

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Poasting errors. Staff?
  • Options
    SanchoSancho Member Posts: 249
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Ugh, why are y’all making this so hard. . .

• Options
    OreDawgOreDawg Member Posts: 589
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Baseman said:

Right or wrong, CFB should prepare his anus and his wallet. Defending a defamation suit is no joke. Naming names -- minors' names -- under investigation, but not charged, is playing with fire. Plaintiff's attorneys have ways of discovering alt identities.

Buckle up. Either way, it will be interesting.

(not saying the kids will win. Don't twist.)
    Proving a defamation suit is an incredibly high bar legally, I think that’s one of the most common misconceptions people have about the law. I’m not a lawyer, but to me this seems to be nowhere near reaching the standard of defamation. And if you sue and lose, which is the most likely thing in a defamation case by a mile, you often have to pay the attorneys fees (although I’m not sure this is true for Washington and I’m too lazy to look it up).
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,841
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

animate said:

Jesus.

So, Lemme get this straight ... If Gee senior wasn't such an ongoing asshole all this probably would have just remained in the shadows of rumor?

Good job Gee senior. Way to add gasoline to the smoldering ashes and relight the fire...

He pissed of the wrong people
    To be fair, who hasn’t senior douche pissed off...
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,705
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    OreDawg said:

Baseman said:

Right or wrong, CFB should prepare his anus and his wallet. Defending a defamation suit is no joke. Naming names -- minors' names -- under investigation, but not charged, is playing with fire. Plaintiff's attorneys have ways of discovering alt identities.

Proving a defamation suit is an incredibly high bar legally, I think that’s one of the most common misconceptions people have about the law. I’m not a lawyer, but to me this seems to be nowhere near reaching the standard of defamation. And if you sue and lose, which is the most likely thing in a defamation case by a mile, you often have to pay the attorneys fees (although I’m not sure this is true for Washington and I’m too lazy to look it up).
    Elon Musk called one of the Thai cave rescue divers a "pedo guy" on twitter to his millions of followers, doubled down with "betcha a signed dollar its true", and then tripled down in an email to a buzzfeed reporter asking buzzfeed to look into it and insinuating the pedo claim was factual and based on an investigation he had done.*

Jury took 20 minutes to acquit.

*turned out a British ex-con scammed Elon for $50k and pretended to do an investigation to prove the guy was indeed a pedophile but did nothing.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Baseman said:

@creepycoug
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    I am interested to see what happens to the other players known to be involved. Hector filmed and sent it yes but he didn't engage in the activity.

I would be highly, highly surprised to see OSU do the right thing here.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,897
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    So, obviously we're not posting it here, but are the names of the other 4 or 5 100% confirmed to be known or are we just speculating?
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    tOSU won't do the right thing. Wilcox will. He is a Pete guy
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

tOSU won't do the right thing. Wilcox will. He is a Pete guy

So winners win